Tender and juicy balsamic chicken breasts stuffed with fresh tomato and warm feta. This healthy dinner recipe is incredibly tasty, easy to make, and the chicken is coated in a homemade balsamic glaze. You’ll love this gluten-free, grain-free, and low-carb chicken dinner!
- 4 medium chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 roma or vine tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F and pat your chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the middle of each chicken breast, about 3/4 quarters of the way through. Be careful not to cut it all the way.
- Season the outside and pocket of the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly stuff each chicken breast with 1 or 2 slices of tomato and about 2 Tablespoons of crumbled feta. Use a toothpick to secure the chicken breasts, if necessary.
- Heat a saute pan with olive oil to medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken breast to the pan and cook each side for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, as the chicken cooks, combine the minced garlic cloves and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken is done, pour the balsamic mixture over each chicken breast. Bring to a simmer and gently spoon over each chicken bread until the vinegar has slightly thickened to a glaze. This should take an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the pan to the oven and continue to cook for 15 – 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon extra balsamic reduction on top and serve with a side salad or your favorite roasted vegetable. Enjoy!
TO STORE: in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days.
TO REHEAT: place each breast in the microwave with a damp paper towel on top, until warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
Keywords: balsamic feta stuffed chicken breasts, healthy stuffed chicken, stuffed chicken breasts, healthy dinner, chicken recipe, tomato feta stuffed chicken, feta chicken, balsamic chicken