Chickpea Protein Cookie Dough Hearts
Fun & healthy chickpea protein cookie dough hearts. These chocolate-covered, no-bake protein bites are sure to be your new favorite snack and dessert. They are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and vegan! Made with chickpeas, protein powder, and coconut sugar, these hearts are seriously perfect for any occasion, especially Valentine’s Day!
The Best Ever Edible Cookie Dough Bites
Introducing the best ever edible protein cookie dough! It’s light, healthy, sweet, and JAM PACKED with protein. The ideal snack and dessert.
I just loved eating cookie dough as a child! That’s why these fun little cookie dough hearts bring me so much joy. They remind me of when I used to beg my mom to lick the spoon she used to make a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies.
Seriously though, y’all have got to try these healthier protein cookie dough hearts! The texture is soft, and buttery (thanks to my secret ingredient…. chickpeas) which makes every bite melt in your mouth. They are naturally sweetened with coconut sugar, there are no eggs, no flour, and no added sugars. Plus they have lots of protein. My inner athlete is screaming with joy!
I mean who doesn’t love eating cookie dough?! Your kids will just love this recipe; plus it is the perfect Valentine’s day treat.
Safe to say, this will be your new go to edible cookie dough recipe!
How I Made These Chickpea protein bites healthier:
These protein-packed cookie dough truffles are clean, nutritious, and incredibly tasty! To make this grain-free dessert, you only need a few very simple ingredients, all of which are healthier alternatives to what you’ll find in store-bought brands. There are no preservatives or random ingredients in this recipe!
Here are three ways that I made these cookie dough bites more nutritious and health-friendly without taking away from the taste!
- I used chickpeas as the base of this cookie dough: adding a ton of healthy protein + making the cookie dough soft and melt-in-your-mouth!
- I used coconut flour to make these edible cookie dough bites gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, and healthy!
- Used coconut sugar instead of refined sugar. By using this type of healthier sweetener, I am removing all refined sugars!
Ingredients in Protein cookie dough hearts
You’ll only need eight simple ingredients to get this easy dessert recipe going! You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For this vegan, gluten-free edible cookie dough recipe, you’ll need some chickpeas, almond butter, and, of course, chocolate chips!
- Unsalted chickpeas (15 oz can)
- Almond Butter – creamy. and unsalted
- Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
Easy Ingredient Substitutions for protein Cookie Dough
You guys probably know by now that I love simple and easy recipes! If you find yourself missing an ingredient or two, try these! I recommend substituting no more than 1-2 ingredients.
Almond Butter – swap 1 for 1 with any nut butter!
Coconut sugar – I recommend trying light brown sugar or regular granulated sugar here!
Vanilla Protein Powder – try using your favorite flavor of protein powder.
Looking for other tasty no-bake recipes? Check these out!
What You’ll Need to Make no-bake edible cookie dough hearts
For this easy healthy dessert recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! Plus you only need a few things to get you going, including a banking tray and a freezer. This healthy snack could not be any simpler!
- Food Processor
- One large baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Stirring utensil
- A fork and a spoon (to dip in the chocoalte)
- Measuring tools: 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, 1/4 cup, and 1 cup
How to Make the Best Ever Chickpea Protein cookie dough hearts
This no bake recipe is so simple and really easy to make. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in less than 45 minutes! And all you need is food processor, baking sheet, parchment paper, and freezer.
First, you are going to want to line a baking tray that will fit in your freezer with parchment paper. Then, drain and rinse your chickpeas under COLD water for at least 30 seconds and gently pat dry.
After that, add the chickpeas to a food processor and blend for 30 – 45 seconds until completely smooth. Add in the almond butter, vanilla extract, vanilla protein powder, coconut flour, and coconut sugar. Blend for another 30 – 45 seconds until fully combined. Then, removed the blade and stir with a spatula.
Now, using your hands, roll about 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball. Gently pat down into a patty and shape into a heart. Use the end of a fork or spoon to create the heart indent and lie flat onto the lined baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough and freeze for 10 – 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, add your favorite dark chocolate and coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave again for 20 seconds. Stir. Continue this process until your chocolate is completely melted.
Once hearts are ready, dunk each one into the chocolate and fish out using two forks or spoons. Push off any excess chocolate with a spoon and each heart back on the lined baking sheet. Top with an extra drizzle of chocoalte or even some sprinkles and freeze for additional 15 minutes.
Enjoy your delicious chickpea protein cookie dough hearts!
I highly recommend storing them in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 -6 days!
How to Store Extra vegan cookie dough protein hearts
Make extra chickpea cookie dough hearts? No worries, I love to save my extra in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for 6 to 8 days!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Chocolate-covered, no-bake protein cookie dough hearts. Easy gluten-free, grain-free, and vegan snack or dessert. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Protein Cookie Dough:
- 1 (15oz) can of unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
Outer Chocoalte Shell:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Line a baking tray that will fit in your freezer with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas under COLD water for at least 30 seconds and gently pat dry.
- Add chickpeas to a food processor and blend for 30 – 45 seconds until completely smooth.
- Add in almond butter, vanilla extract, vanilla protein powder, coconut flour, and coconut sugar. Blend for another 30 – 45 seconds until fully combined. Removed blade and stir with a spatula.
- Using your hands, roll about 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball. Gently pat down into a patty and shape into a heart. Use the end of a fork or spoon to create the heart indent. Lie each heart down flat onto the lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Freeze for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add chocolate and coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave again for 20 seconds. Stir. Continue this process until your chocolate is completely melted.
- Once hearts are ready, dunk each one into the chocolate and fish out using two forks or spoons. Push any excess chocolate off with a spoon and place them back on the lined baking sheet. Top with an extra drizzle of chocoalte or sprinkles. Freeze for additional 15 minutes.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge!
Use any protein powder.
Can substitute coconut sugar with light brown sugar.
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy cookie dough, chickpeas, vegan dessert, protein cookie dough, protein cookie dough balls, protein cookie dough bites, protein dessert, protein snack, vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar free, dairy-free, plant-based, grain-free, low-carb, low-fat, healthy cookie dough, healthy dessert, healthy chickpea cookie dough, chickpea cookies dough, Valentine’s day, healthy Valentine’s day dessert, homemade Valentine’s day chocolate, dark chocolate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!