Healthy baked sweet potato tater tots that are soft, crispy, and super easy to make! This nutritious and savory side dish is the perfect lighter version of classic tots and great as an appetizer. Pair with some ketchup or serve as a brunch, breakfast, or dinner addition!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line and grease baking sheet with parchment paper and olive oil spray.
- Bring water to boil in medium-size pot. Peel sweet potatoes and cook for 12-14 mins. Should be fork-tender but slightly firm (do not overcook). Drain and cool.
- Once potatoes are cool to touch, grate on a box grater. Season with salt and let sit for 5 minutes to draw out moisture.
- IMPORTANT: Once ready, firmly press sweet potato mixture between two layers of paper towel to remove extra moisture.
- Add to large mixing bowl with coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Form 25 – 30 “tots” about 1 inch in size.
- To Bake: Evenly space across lined baking sheet. Drizzle (or spray) tots with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- To Air-Fry: Evenly space in the basket. Drizzle (or spray) tots with olive oil. Air-fry at 400F for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with ketchup for dipping (optional) and enjoy!
If using small sweet potatoes, use 4 and only boil for 8-10 minutes.
Coconut flour can be substituted for 2 – 3 Tablespoons of almond flour or all-purpose flour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy side dish, healthy appetizer, appetizer, gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan, plant-based, tater tots, sweet potato, sweet potato tater tots, baked tater tots, coconut flour, healthy tater tots, gluten free appetizer, vegan appetizer, game day snack