An easy and healthy balsamic chicken caesar pasta salad recipe that is perfect for a hot summer day. This chicken caesar salad comes together in under 30 minutes, is packed with protein, and dressed in a low-fat homemade yogurt caesar dressing. A fun & healthy spin on the classic caesar salad recipe!
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz dried pasta, I used bowtie
- 20 sweet cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 + 1/4 cups)
- 2 hearts romaine, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0%)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp pickle juice (I used Kosher Dill)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and bring a pot of salted water to a boil on the stovetop.
- In a large ziplock bag, mix together all the balsamic chicken marinade ingredients. Add in chicken, seal the bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated. Let marinate for at least 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package until it is al dente. Strain pasta, run under cold water, and set in the refrigerator to cool while you cook the chicken.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to medium-high heat. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 3 – 5 minutes on each side. Then, carefully transfer the pan to the oven and continue to cook for 8 – 12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. For a tangier dressing add 1 Tablespoon more of pickle juice and/or lemon.
- Pour the dressing on top of the cold pasta and gently toss to fully coat each piece.
- Add the chopped romaine hearts and sweet cherry tomatoes to the bowl with the dressed pasta. Use tongs to gently toss to combine until everything is combined and coated.
- Slice the chicken breasts and add to the pasta salad.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- Category: Salad, Side, Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Stovetop & Oven
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
Keywords: healthy balsamic chicken caesar pasta salad, caesar salad, pasta salad, healthy caesar salad, chicken caesar salad, Summer recipe, side dish, dinner, lunch, protein salad, meal prep