- 3 chicken breasts or 1 lb of pre-cut tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Cauli Crunch Cauliflower Crumbs, gluten-free bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs, or panko *
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- If air-frying, preheat the air fryer to 360F. If baking, preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and grease with non-stick spray.
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise. Each breast should produce 3 to 4 tenders. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs.
- In a separate shallow bowl, mix together Cauli Crunch Cauliflower Crumbs (Regular, Panko, or Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs), garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each chicken tender into the egg mixture, then into the crumb mixture. Make sure to coat each tender completely by pressing them into the mixture and using your hands to cover.
TO AIR FRY:
- Once preheated to 360F, spray the basket with nonstick spray. Evenly space chicken tenders in the basket. Do not overlap them.
- Fry for a total of 10 – 12 minutes (by air frying for 5-6 minutes, turning them over, and frying against for 5-6 minutes). Chicken tenders should reach an internal temp of 165F.
- Even space the coated chicken tenders on the lined and greased baking sheet. Bake for 5-6 minutes, then flip and bake for another 5-6 minutes. It should be golden brown with an internal temp of 165F.
* I used Cauli Crunch original cauliflower “bread” crumbs. It is a gluten-free alternative to regular bread crumbs. However, any unflavored bread crumb will work in this recipe!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10 - 12 mintues
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer or Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy chicken tenders, healthy chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, gluten-free, gluten-free chicken tenders, healthy dinner, healthy lunch, chicken nuggets, panko, gluten free bread crumbs, Dinner, Lunch, healthy chicken