Healthy maple roasted brussels sprouts with crispy bacon and toasted pecans as an easy Thanksgiving, Christmas, or holiday side dish! Perfectly spiced with cinnamon and lightly sweetened with maple syrup, this delicious and easy recipe is perfect for any special occasion.
- 2 lbs Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup pecans, whole or halved
- 4 – 5 oz uncooked bacon, pork or turkey
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the trimmed and halved brussels, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and pepper until well combined. Evenly spread brussels across baking sheet and place in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line another baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Space out 5 to 6 slices of bacon and place in the same oven for around 25 minutes, or until desired crispy-ness. You may also cook on the stove top, following package instructions. Keep an eye on the bacon as not to burn.
- Once bacon is crispy, transfer to a paper towel and pat away the grease as much as possible, then chop the bacon and set aside.
- Line the second tray with new parchment paper and toast your pecans in the oven for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once Brussels are done roasting, transfer them to a large serving bowl and gently fold in chopped bacon and toasted pecans. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brussel sprouts, healthy brussel sprouts, bacon, maple glazed brussel sprouts, maple brussel sprouts, cinnamon maple brussel sprouts, roasted brussel sprouts, healthy brussels, maple brussels, side dish, crispy bacon, pecans, healthy Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving side dish, Holiday side dish, Christmas Side dish