Healthy No-Bake Layered Peanut Butter Cups
Mini healthy no-bake layered peanut butter cups that are easy, rich, and decadent. Made with only 7 simple ingredients, these chocolate peanut butter bites are a delicious dessert, snack, and treat! Made vegan, grain free, and gluten free. No oven required!
Best ever healthy peanut butter cups
Yup, peanut butter is clearly my favorite thing to eat, bake with, and enjoy. I mean it’s so hard not to love peanut butter. It really is the ideal energy boost we all need in our lives!
That is why I am so excited to share this new no bake layered peanut butter cup recipe with you! These mini bites are not only super cute, but they are incredibly tasty and filling. The crunch from the chocolate layer in combinations with the creamy and sweet peanut butter filling is mouth watering. Plus, let’s not forget about the chocoalte shortbread base! It practically crumbles in your mouth.
I love to enjoy a few of these mini cups in the afternoon as a snack or after dinner and a little healthy dessert. They are so easy to make and are a treat everyone will love!
How I made layered peanut butter cups healthier:
These rich peanut butter mini cups are clean, nutritious, and incredibly tasty! To make this vegan dessert, you only need a few very simple ingredients, all of which are healthier alternatives to what you’ll find in store-bought brands. There are no preservatives or random ingredients in this recipe!
Here are three ways that I made these homemade peanut butter cups more nutritious and health-friendly without taking away from the taste!
- Used maple syrup instead of refined sugar. By using this type of healthier sweetener, I am removing all refined sugars, and sweetening naturally!
- I used all natural peanut butter! This makes these cups refined
- Used almond flour to make these mini peanut butter cups gluten free and low carb!
When you eat one mini peanut butter cup, you’re getting a hearty dose of protein from the peanut butter and almond flour. There is lots of vitamin E and some fiber from the almond flour. The dark chocolate is loaded with good for you antioxidants. The coconut oil provides an extra dose of healthy fats.
Ingredients in no bake peanut butter chocoalte cups
You’ll only need 7 simple ingredients to get this easy layered peanut butter cup recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already.
For this easy no bake dessert recipe, you’ll need peanut butter, almond flour, cocoa powder, and some maple syrup!
- Cocoa powder: The ideal extra chocoalte addition to make these layered peanut butter cups irresistibly delicious.
- Almond flour: I used almond flour here to make the base layer of these healthy peanut butter cups grain free and gluten free!
- Maple syrup: I just love baking with maple syrup. It is the world’s best natural sweetener!
- Creamy peanut butter: I prefer all natural peanut butter with only one or two ingredients (peanuts and salt).
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips: I love dark chocolate chips, but traditional milk chocolate chips are awesome as well. I used Lily’s Sweet chocolate chips (which are sweetened with stevia will only have 6 grams of sugar per serving). If you. are vegan, make sure to use vegan chocolate. I like the Enjoy Life brand.
- Coconut oil: I love baking with coconut oil. It has lots of healthy fats and ideal for making the hard chocoalte shell for these cups.
Easy ingredient substitutions
You guys probably know by now that I love simple and easy recipes! If you don’t love every ingredient in this one, I am here to help you out with a list of the very best substitutions!
Creamy Peanut Butter: Simply substitute with crunchy peanut butter or any nut butter! Almond butter and cashew butter will work wonderfully!
Almond Flour: You can use gluten-free flour here as well!
Maple Syrup: Substitute with another liquid sweetener. I reccomened trying honey or agave,
Are you nut free? Swap out the peanut butter for sun butter!
What you’ll need to make layered peanut butter bites
For this easy vegan dessert recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! You’ll need some mixing bowls and a refrigerator or freezer to set the peanut butter bites,
- Mini muffin baking tray
- Mini muffin liners
- 2 mixing bowls
- Stirring utensils
- Measuring cups: 1 tsp, 1 Tbsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
How to make homemade layered peanut butter cups
My favorite thing about this simple and easy no bake peanut butter recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy they are to make! This recipe is the absolute perfect healthy dessert; plus, these healthypeanut butter bites are grain-free, gluten free, and low carb!
First, prepare a mini muffin tin with liners.
Next, in a mixing bowl, combine all the base layer ingredients. Place a spoonful of the chocolate shortbread mixture into each liner, tapping down with your finger to make a flat patty. The base layer should be about 1/4 to 1/2 inches thick. Place the muffin tin in the freezer to set for a few minutes while preparing peanut butter layer.
After that, in a second bowl, combine all the peanut butter layer ingredients. Spoon about 2 tsp of peanut butter into each cup and place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes while preparing the chocolate.
Lastly, in a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate (my favorite is Lily’s dark chocolate chips) and coconut oil. Heat in 20-second interval, stirring in between until melted. Use can use the double boiler method also.
Simply, spoon some chocolate over peanut butter layer to form a top shell and sprinkle some salt on top if desired. Place the tray in the freezer or refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set completely.
I reccomened storing leftovers in the fridge for 5 – 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Storing extra peanut butter chocoalte cups
Make extra no bake chocolate and peanut butter cups? No worries, I love to save my extras in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for 5 – 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Looking for other healthy no bake recipes? Check these out!
Need some more tasty and healthy no bake snack and dessert ideas? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie no bake recipes to try out….
- 3 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Almond Bark
- Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies
- Chickpea Protein Cookie Dough Hearts
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Healthy no-bake layered peanut butter cups that are easy, rich, and decadent. Made with only 7 simple ingredients, these chocolate peanut butter bites are a delicious treat or snack! Made vegan, grain-free, and gluten-free. No oven required!
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp 100% maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips, (I used Lily’s Dark Chocoalte Chips)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Prepare a mini muffin tin with liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the base layer ingredients. Place a spoonful of the mixture into each liner, tapping down with your finger to make a flat patty. It should be about 1/4 to 1/2 inches thick. Place in freezer to set for a few minutes while preparing peanut butter layer.
- In a second bowl, combine all the peanut butter layer ingredients. Spoon about 2 tsp of peanut butter into each cup. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes while preparing the chocolate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate and coconut oil. Heat in 20-second interval, stirring in between until melted. You can use the double boiler method also.
- Spoon chocolate over peanut butter layer and sprinkle some salt on top if desired. Place in the freezer or refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set completely.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 5 – 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
* Can substitute peanut butter for almond butter or sun butter.
* Can substitute maple syrup with honey or agave.
TO STORE: in the fridge for 5 – 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy No-Bake Layered Peanut Butter Cups, layer peanut butter cups, no bake, peanut butter, peanut butter fudge, no bake dessert, healthy dessert, dairy free, gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, grain free, easy dessert, healthy no-bake peanut butter chocolate cups, freezer fudge
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!