15 May Healthy Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that are healthy, fluffy, and super easy to make! Ready within 25 minutes, these gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, kid-friendly, and naturally sweetened cookies are perfect for any occasion! They are not only super moist and soft, but they even have a little added crunch with the chocolate chips and crunchy peanut butter. The perfect texture and a must bake.
Obsessed with peanut butter? Try these healthy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!
Then these fluffy little guys are most definitely for you! The nutty flavor in combination with the soft and moist texture is scrumptious. It is taking a classic chocolate chip cookie and elevating it. So scrumptious!
Not only are these cookies loaded with wholesome, healthy, and good-for-you ingredients, but they come together in less than 25 minutes! So if you are looking for a healthier chocolate chip cookie alternative and are obsessed with peanut butter, like me, then these fluffy & soft cookies are for you!
Plus, if you didn’t already read in the intro, these cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup! I used almond flour here to make not only make these gluten-free but also lower carb.
I love using maple syrup to naturally sweeten baked goods. Desserts baked with natural sweeteners to be much tastier than those with artificial sweeteners like stevia or even pure cane sugar.
Funny enough, these cookies have been a serious breakfast hit in my household. Since they are not overly sweet, I find that they are the perfect addition to a savory meal. But don’t get me wrong, I still have a couple after dinner!
Ingredients you’ll need to make these soft cookies
The ingredients to make these healthy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are basic and very straight forward.
- Crunchy peanut butter – I love to use all-natural crunchy peanut butter for that extra texture; however, do not worry, all-natural creamy peanut butter works perfectly. I would not use an artificial nut butter like Skippy’s, I have not tested if this type will work with this recipe.
- Egg – The egg gives these peanut butter blondies that extra fluff factor and adds lots of nutrients, protein, and vitamins.
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Almond milk – I love almond milk! It is the perfect milk substitution.
- Maple Syrup – Baking with maple syrup is the best. It is the best natural sweetener. Say goodbye to refined sugars and say hello to nature’s candy.
- Almond flour – The perfect gluten-free flour substitute!
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips – I love using Enjoy Life dark chocolate chip morsels. They are delicious.
Substitution options for chocolate chip peanut butter cookies
If you do not have one ingredient or want to make a substitution do not worry, I’ve got you covered! Here is a list of the best substations:
- Crunchy Peanut Butter — I recommend using an all-natural creamy peanut butter here. My favorites are Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and Crazy Richard’s brands. If you are questioning what “all-natural” means, look at the ingredients of the peanut butter and use ones that only contains peanuts and salt in some cases.
- Almond Milk — No worries if you like other types of mylk. Any plant milk will work! From cashew to oat and even regular milk.
- Dark Chocolate Chips — I love using Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels, but seriously any type of chocolate chips will work here; from semi-sweet to vegan, you make your choice!
How to make soft healthy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
These healthy, gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are super easy and simple to make. With all-natural ingredients and naturally sweetened with maple syrup, these fluffy peanut butter cookies are amazing. Here, I’ll walk you through how to make these tasty, dairy-free chocolate chip cookies.
First, preheat your oven to and lightly line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
Next, in a large bowl, whisk egg fully. Add in crunchy peanut butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond milk, and maple syrup. Combine with a spatula. The texture will be very sticky and dense.
In a small separate bowl, whisk almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Once combined, add into the larger bowl with wet ingredients. Fold in majority chocolate chips. Save a handful to place on top of the cookies.
Then, form smooth small balls with the cookie dough and evenly spaced on the lined baking tray. Gently press down on each ball to form a “cookie” or “patty” shape. Do not overpress, you will take away from the fluffy-ness! Remeber whatever shape you make now is how they will look outside the oven.
Next, add some extra chocolate chips on top by gently pressing them in.
Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let cool before serving, and enjoy!
How to store these amazing SOFT & CHEWY cookies?
For best results, store in a covered airtight container for 2 – 3 days at room temperature. If you refrigerate, enjoy within 4 days.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Soft peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that are healthy, fluffy, and super easy to make! Ready within 25 minutes, these gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, kid-friendly, and naturally sweetened cookies are perfect for any occasion!
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk **
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cups almond flour ***
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F and lightly line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg fully. Add in crunchy peanut butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond milk, and maple syrup. Combine with a spatula. Texture will be very sticky and dense.
- In a small separate bowl, whisk almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Once combined, add into the larger bowl with wet ingredients. Fold in majority chocolate chips. Save a handful to place on top of the cookies.
- Form 12 – 16 smooth small balls with the cookie dough and evenly spaced on the lined baking tray. Gently press down on each ball to form a “cookie” or “patty” shape. Do not overpress, you will take away from the fluffy-ness! Add some more chocolate chips on top by gently pressing them in.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving, and enjoy!
* If using solid coconut oil, place in microwave for 30-45 seconds until liquid.
** MILK OPTIONS: I loved almond milk, but any type of milk should work in this recipe.
*** FLOUR OPTIONS: Any all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, or all-purpose gluten-free blend should work with a 1:1 ratio. I would NOT substitute coconut flour.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy cookies, healthy peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cookies, healthy dessert, cookies, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!