Soft peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that are healthy, fluffy, and super easy to make! Ready within 25 minutes, these gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, kid-friendly, and naturally sweetened cookies are perfect for any occasion!
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk **
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cups almond flour ***
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F and lightly line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg fully. Add in crunchy peanut butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond milk, and maple syrup. Combine with a spatula. Texture will be very sticky and dense.
- In a small separate bowl, whisk almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Once combined, add into the larger bowl with wet ingredients. Fold in majority chocolate chips. Save a handful to place on top of the cookies.
- Form 12 – 16 smooth small balls with the cookie dough and evenly spaced on the lined baking tray. Gently press down on each ball to form a “cookie” or “patty” shape. Do not overpress, you will take away from the fluffy-ness! Add some more chocolate chips on top by gently pressing them in.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving, and enjoy!
* If using solid coconut oil, place in microwave for 30-45 seconds until liquid.
** MILK OPTIONS: I loved almond milk, but any type of milk should work in this recipe.
*** FLOUR OPTIONS: Any all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, or all-purpose gluten-free blend should work with a 1:1 ratio. I would NOT substitute coconut flour.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy cookies, healthy peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cookies, healthy dessert, cookies, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free