Moist vegan baked oatmeal naturally sweetened with a dash of maple syrup and made with simple and healthy ingredients like rolled oats, bananas, and fresh fruit. This vegan baked oats recipe is the best breakfast with 10 different variations. Made gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free.
Vegan Baked Oatmeal Base:
- 2 large spotty bananas, mashed (267g)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (200 g)
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix-Ins (10 ways):
- 1/2 cup nuts: walnuts, pecans, almonds, or roasted peanuts
- 1 + 1/4 cup of mix-ins: blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, banana slices, or chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9-inch square dish with cooking or avocado oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, almond milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together to fully combine.
- In another bowl, mix the rolled oats, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nuts.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and hand fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and sprinkle some extra blueberries and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until the top is golden and the center is done.
- Enjoy with peanut butter, almond butter, or yogurt, and top with fresh berries!
MILK: Use any milk. Can substitute with oat milk, cashew milk, or regular milk (if you are not vegan).
NUT FREE: Leave out the nuts.
TO STORE: In an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or at room temperature for 1 – 2 days.
TO FREEZE: Place baked oatmeal squares in an airtight freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat by thawing at room temperature, placing in the fridge overnight, or placing in the oven at 350F for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
Keywords: Vegan Baked Oatmeal, Vegan Baked Oats, Plant Based Baked Oatmeal, Oatmeal Bake, Vegan Oatmeal Bake, Baked Oats, Baked Oatmeal, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free