Soft and warm peanut butter almond flour cookies are a must! They are made with simple ingredients, taste like a peanut butter cup, and take 10 minutes to bake. Plus, they are gluten free, low carb, and keto.
Peanut butter cookies made with almond flour
I have to admit, I love peanut butter so much that it’s practically a food group in my diet, haha. That’s why I had to make these cookies!
There is simply nothing better than one of these warm peanut butter cookies. They are ultra-soft, melt in your mouth, and have the perfect sweet and salty combo. No one will be able to tell they are healthier or that they are keto!
You can make these cookies ahead of time for a party, birthday celebration, or as dessert for the family. They keep well for up to four days and only take 10 minutes to bake. So if you are super busy but want to show off your baking skills, these almond flour peanut butter cookies are perfect. They are truly a classic that will never disappoint!
Are they healthy?
The word “healthy” is relative to each person, but I consider these peanut butter cookies to be healthy for many reasons. First, they are sweetened with coconut sugar, which makes them refined sugar free. Second, there are no random ingredients. Third, they are gluten free and low carb since we are using almond flour. Fourth, there is less butter in these than traditional recipes, but the cookies are still super soft. No one will be able to tell these peanut butter cookies are healthier!
One of the best things about these almond flour peanut butter cookies is that you’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients! They are warm, soft, and super peanut buttery. Here is a list:
- Peanut Butter: First up, you will need 1/2 cup of super creamy all-natural peanut butter. I highly reccomend using peanut butter with peanuts as the only ingredient. If you use salted peanut butter, don’t add any extra.
- Unsalted Butter: To make these cookies extra soft, we’ll need 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- Coconut Sugar: I love baking with coconut sugar! It is sweet and refined sugar free. You’ll need 1/2 cup.
- Vanilla Extract: There is nothing better than a dash of vanilla extract in cookies.
- Egg: To help bind these peanut butter almond flour cookies, we will use 1 egg.
- Almond Flour: We use almond flour to make these soft cookies gluten free, low carb, and keto. But most importantly, almond flours make them extra soft.
- Baking Powder: This helps the cookies rise.
Kitchen tools need
This healthy cookie recipe requires a few kitchen tools. Here is an itemized list so you can grab everything before we get cooking!
- Stand Mixer or Electric Hand Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make peanut butter almond flour cookies
These homemade peanut butter cookies are made in a few simple steps. First, we will beat the butter, peanut butter, and coconut sugar together, then we add the almond flour, and finally, we will bake the cookies. Here are step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: First, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, softened butter, and coconut sugar on medium-high. It should take about 1 minute. Then, scrape the sides with a spatula and add in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat on medium-low until just combined, for about 20 seconds.
Step 3: Next, add in almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix on medium-low until just combined.
Step 4: Using a cookie scooper or your hand, roll dough into 16 – 18 equal-sized balls (2 Tablespoons of dough for each). Make sure to evenly space them out.
Step 5: Gently press the cookies into a patty shape by using a fork to create a crisscross pattern on the tops of each cookie. Don’t flatten them too much.
Step 6: Bake 9 – 12 minutes until light golden brown. They will finish cooking on the baking sheet as they cool, so don’t worry if they look a little pale.
Let your almond flour peanut butter cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use almond meal?
No, do not use almond meal; it is not the same as almond flour. Almond meal is grainy and will not produce the same soft peanut butter cookies!
Are they keto?
Yes, these peanut butter cookies are keto since we use low carb almond flour.
Do I need to chill the dough?
There is no need to chill this cookie dough. In fact, you will be in and out of the kitchen in less than 20 minutes.
How to store almond flour cookies
Store extra cookies in an air-tight container for up to 4 days at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Try these cookie recipes next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Peanut Butter Almond Flour Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, softened butter, and coconut sugar on medium-high. Should take about 1 minute.
- Scrape the sides with a spatula and add in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat on medium-low until just combined, for about 20 seconds.
- Add in almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix on medium-low until just combined.
- Using a cookie scooper or your hand, roll dough into 16 - 18 equal-sized balls (2 Tablespoons of dough for each). Make sure to evenly space them out.
- Gently press the cookies into a patty shape by using a fork to create a crisscross pattern on the tops of each cookie. Don’t flatten them too much.
- Bake 9 - 12 minutes until light golden brown. They will finish cooking on the baking sheet as they cool, so don’t worry if they look a little pale.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, transfer to a wire rack, and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!