09 Aug Healthy Caribbean Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
Quick and easy healthy shrimp taco recipe that calls for minimal, nutritious ingredients like mango, avocado, red onion, and grain-free tortillas. They are the perfect weekday or weekend dinner. They are jam-packed with protein, flavor, and are super refreshing. The tangy lime shrimp marinade paired with the sweet mango salsa and the crunch from the tortilla makes for the perfect healthy tacos. A true family favorite!
Best healthy Caribbean shrimp tacos and mango salsa
I LOVE tacos. Like seriously, it might be an addiction. They are just so good. And don’t even get me started with guacamole. Just one word: heaven. If I could eat one type of food for the rest of my life, it would be tacos, salsa & guac.
This recipe could not be any easier! It took under 30-minutes and fed my entire family of six. A winner in my book.
These Caribbean shrimp tacos are healthy, nutritious and made with wholesome ingredients. The shrimp is super tender and flavorful, while the healthy mango salsa is naturally sweet and carries a kick with the lime juice. Plus, let’s not forget the crunch coming from the grain-free chickpea flour tortillas.
These healthy tangy shrimp tacos are not only jam-packed with flavor, but they have a ton of protein, making them perfect for everyone! If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner, these healthy tacos are you you!
Ingredients in Caribbean shrimp tacos with mango salsa
These tacos only call for 8 ingredients! How amazing is that? So forget about the endless grocery list of spices and ingredients you’ll never use again. You probably have everything you need already in your pantry and fridge.
- Frozen or fresh shrimp – I use both! But I must say frozen shrimp is not only cost effective, but it tastes to same!
- Limes – Limes are the perfect citrus, tangy component to these tacos.
- Salt & Pepper
- Your favorite tortillas (I absolutely love Siete’s Chickpea Flour ones) – any tortillas will work for this recipe, I just love using grain-free chickpea flour ones because they have additional protein!
- Mangos – Fresh mangos add the perfect amount of natural sweetness to this healthy dinner.
- Red onion
- Cilantro – I love love love cilatro. The perfect herb for cooking. It adds the perfect herbal notes to this healthy mango salsa.
Seriously, these ingredients could not be any simpler, cleaner, healthier, or tastier. If you are looking for an easy way to spice up your diet, I highly recommend these sweet and savory tacos & salsa.
How to make nutritious, tangy shrimp tacos and mango salsa
This healthy shrimp tacos recipe is so simple and easy to make. I promise. All you need is stove-top pan, two mixing bowl, a knife, and a cutting board.
Here, I’ll walk you through the steps to make this delicious, healthy, and easy dinner!
First, place the defrosted shrimp into a large mixing bowl and squeeze all 4 limes on top. Make sure to season with salt and pepper and then let them marinate for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, using your knife and cutting board, slice your mangos length-wise (there is a pit in the middle), remove the skin, dice into very small cubes. Place your cut-up mango into a separate small bowl.
Now, finely chop your red onion and roughly chop your cilantro. Add both to the mixing bowl with the mango with the additional lime juice, salt, and pepper.
Next, place a non-stick skillet on medium-low and spray it with some olive or avocado oil. Warm and slightly crisp your tortillas. This should take about 45 seconds per side. Or you can place them all stacked on each other into the microwave with a damp paper towel on top for 1 minute to warm if you want them to remain soft.
Once the shrimp is done marinating, place a large non-stick skillet on the stovetop on medium with a dash of olive oil. It should be large enough so that all shrimp are face down on the pan. If you do not have one that will fit all the shrimp, you will need to do two rounds. This ensures that the shrimp will be crispy and juicy!
Sear shrimp for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Assemble the tacos and add a side of guacamole.
Enjoy you healthy Caribbean shrimp tacos and mango salsa!
Don’t forget to check out my other entree recipes!
Can this recipe be single-serve?
You do not need to make 8 tacos. I am moving back to my apartment pretty soon and will definitely be eating these tacos regularly. This dinner can be easily tailored to serve one. I just defrost the amount of shrimp I want to eat (usually 4oz+), use 2 limes instead of 4 for the marinade, cube 1 mango instead of 2, chop up 2 Tbs of red onion, 1 Tbs of cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste and call it a day! Perfection.
How to serve these tasty tacos
I love serving my food family style. Just place the toasted tortillas on the table with all the toppings + sides and go wild! But seriously, guacamole is a must. It is just so good. You can easily make some or even buy a store pre-made one.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
These tasty and healthy shrimp tacos are packed with protein, jam-packed with flavor, and are super refreshing. The tangy lime shrimp marinade paired with the sweet mango salsa and the crunch from the tortilla makes for the perfect healthy tacos
- 16oz of shrimp *
- 4 limes
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp ground pepper (or to taste)
- 8 tortillas
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Place defrosted shrimp into a large bowl. Squeeze all 4 limes on top and season with salt and pepper. Let marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice your mangos length-wise (there is a pit in the middle), remove the skin, dice into small cubes, and add to a separate small bowl. Add finely chopped red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place a non-stick skillet on medium-low and spray with olive or avocado oil. Warm and slightly crisp your tortillas. This should take about 45 seconds per side. Or you can place them all stacked on each other into the microwave with a damp paper towel on top for 1 minute to warm.
- Once the shrimp is done marinating, place a large non-stick skillet on the stovetop on medium. It should be large enough so that all shrimp are face down on the pan – if not you will need to do two rounds. Add a dash of olive or avocado oil to the pan. Sear shrimp for 2 – 3 minutes on each side.
- Assemble tacos, add a side of guacamole, and enjoy!
* You can use frozen or fresh shrimp; whatever is easiest for you and your family. If frozen (like I used) place shrimp in the fridge to defrost for 6 hours or place in an airtight bag and run under or soak in warm water for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Caribbean
Keywords: healthy dinner, shrimp tacos, healthy tacos, mango salsa, healthy mango salsa, easy dinner, quick dinner, Caribbean shrimp tacos, healthy shrimp tacos, grain free dinner, grain free tacos
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!