This simple and fresh habanero mango salsa is packed with heat, spicy, and only takes 5 minutes to make! Serve with tortilla chips, grilled salmon, chicken, or shrimp.
Easy habanero mango salsa
I am a huge salsa fan! It’s super easy to make, is the perfect appetizer with some chips, and is ideal for the Super Bowl, family parties, and Summer BBQs. Mango and habanero salsa is perfect all year long.
This salsa is next-level delicious. It is fresh, made with 6 simple ingredients, and sure to be a crowd favorite. The combination of the sweet mango and spicy habanero chili is amazing.
I made it for my friends a few weeks ago, and they are still raving about it. It’s healthy and refreshing while still packing some heat.
You only need six ingredients to make mango habanero salsa! It packs heat from the habanero but is super fresh and tasty. Here is a list of ingredients:
- Mangos: You are going to need 2 ripe mangos which is about 3 cups for this salsa.
- Red Bell Pepper: This adds the best crunch and sweet taste.
- Red Onion: 1/4 cup of red onion add sharpness.
- Cilantro: I just love fresh cilantro, it adds the best flavor!
- Habanero Chili: Grab 1 habanero pepper for this salsa recipe. Make sure to remove the stem and the seeds. If you want extra spicy salsa, leave the seeds in.
- Lime: Finally, some lime juice and zest for a tangy flavor.
Kitchen tools need
You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in less than 5 minutes. Plus, clean-up will be a breeze. Here is a list so you are prepared and ready to cook!
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 cup or 1/3 cup.
How to make habanero mango salsa
Making habanero mango salsa is so easy; in fact, it only requires 1 step. Just place all ingredients into a bowl and gently mix to combine.
For the best taste, let recommend letting the salsa sit for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or as a topping for salmon, chicken, or shrimp.
Habanero vs scotch bonnet
Habanero and scotch bonnet peppers are both very spicy; however, they are not the same. The main difference is that scotch bonnet peppers are slightly sweeter, despite being extremely hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are habaneros spicy
Yes, habanero peppers are usually considered spicy. They are much hotter than a traditional jalapeno.
How spicy is this salsa?
Habanero chillis are known for their heat! This is not a “mild” salsa; I would rank it somewhere in-between “medium” to “hot.”
Can I use precut mangos?
Yes, you can buy pre-cut mangos. I always recommend preparing your own since the mango will be fresher, riper, and sweetener, but if you are in a rush or mangos are out of season, you can use pre-cut.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this mango habanero salsa ahead of time to serve at a party, dinner, or grill out. Just prepare the salsa and then cover the mixing bowl in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Store it in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 days for best results.
Can I double or tripple the recipe?
Double, triple, or quadruple this recipe for bigger events or dinner parties. It’s a dip everyone will love!
Try these recipes next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Habanero Mango Salsa
- 2 ripe mangos, ~3 cups, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, thick stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 habanero chili, seeded and finely minced
- 1 lime juiced + 1/2 tsp zest
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and gently mix to combine. For the best taste, let the salsa sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or as a topping for salmon, chicken, or shrimp.
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff / Healthful Blondie + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!