19 Dec Healthy Mexican Turkey Kale Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Hearty and healthy Mexican turkey kale quinoa stuffed peppers made with simple and nutritious ingredients like lean ground turkey, bell peppers, and corn. This nutritious and flavorful dinner is protein-packed, gluten-free, and ready in 30 minutes! Pair with some salsa, guacamole, and top with fresh cilantro for a healthy and comforting lunch or dinner.
The Best Ever Mexican Turkey Stuffed Peppers
I absolutely love bell peppers – yellow, orange, red, green, you name it, They are not only ideal for stir-fries and breakfast scrambles, but they are also the perfect vessels for delicious stuffings. I mean stuffed bell peppers… who doesn’t love them? It is the perfect way to sneak in some veggies, vitamins, and nutrients!
I have to admit I think I found my new favorite dinner recipe. This simple, 30-minute healthy dinner recipe is a must-try! The zesty cilantro and taco seasoning in combination with the warm and cheesy turkey stuffing is out of this world. Each nutritious ingredient compliments the other, making this a wholesome and hearty dish that everyone will love! Trust me, this recipe is not only super customizable, but it is ideal from kids, athletes, and adults!
Use any color of bell pepper and top with fresh guacamole for the perfect balanced, protein dinner. If you are vegan, simply leave out the turkey, add some beans, and substitute the cheese for a plant-based alternative. This fresh, filling, and fun recipe is perfect for this time of year and going to be a fan favorite!
Ingredients in Healthy Turkey Kale Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For this easy dinner recipe, you’ll need lean ground turkey, kale, cheese, taco seasoning, and of course, bell peppers!
- Lean Ground Turkey
- Bell Peppers
- Tri-Colored Quinoa
- Avocado or Olive oil
- Yellow Sweet Onion
- Fresh Kale
- Canned Sweet Corn
- Fresh Cilantro
- Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend
- Taco Seasoning
- Black pepper
Easy Ingredient Substitutions for Healthy Mexican Stuffed Peppers
You guys probably know by now that I love simple and easy recipes! If you don’t love every ingredient in this one, I am here to help you out with a list of the very best substitutions!
Don’ have ground turkey? Don’t worry! Simply use ground chicken or ground beef.
Don’t have yellow sweet onion? No worries! You can use a red onion! Just make sure the chop finely.
Don’t have tri-colored quinoa? Just use any type of quinoa!
Make this easy dinner vegan! Just leave out the turkey, add in some black beans, and swap the cheese for a plant-based alternative.
Looking for other tasty lunch and dinner recipes? Check these out!
What You’ll Need to Make Healthy Turkey Mexican Stuffed Peppers
For this easy recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! You’ll need a pot to cook the filling and sauce pot to make the peppers.
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Two large saute pans (one with a lid)
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring cups: 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to Make the Best Ever Healthy Turkey Kale Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
My favorite thing about this simple and easy stuffed peppers recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy it is to make! This recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish and is absolutely perfect for healthy family dinners!
First, preheat your oven to 425F and prepare the quinoa according to package. Set aside.
Meanwhile, add 2 cups of water to a large deep saucepan and bring to a simmer. Prepare the red bell peppers by removing the tops and taking out the seeds. Dice the tops into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Place the peppers open-side down into the simmering water, put the lid on top, and let simmer for 6-8 minutes. Once the bell peppers are ready, drain the water and set peppers to the side.
Meanwhile, in another large saute pan add the avocado or olive oil and heat to medium. Add in finely diced yellow onion and red diced bell pepper tops. Cook for 4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
Next, add in the lean ground turkey and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Break the turkey up with your stirring utensil as it cooks. Add in taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
Now, stir in the corn, kale, quinoa, and fresh cilantro. Cook for an additional 3 – 4 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Turn off heat and mix in the shredded cheese.
Using a spoon, fill each bell pepper with the ground turkey stuffing and place in the clean deep saute pan. Sprinkle some additional cheese on top and place in the oven for 3 -4 minutes.
Top with some fresh cilantro and serve immediately with some salsa, sliced avocado, guacamole. Enjoy!
How to Store Extra Mexican Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Make extra? No worries, these healthy Mexican turkey stuffed peppers are actually the best meal prep recipe ever! I love to save my extras in a sealed airtight container in the fridge. You can save any extras for up to 5 days!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Healthy Mexican turkey kale quinoa stuffed peppers made with lean ground turkey, cheese, and corn. Perfect nutritious dinner ready in 30 minutes!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 8 large bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3 tsp taco seasoning, more to taste
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn (12 or 15 oz)
- 1 cup fresh kale, stem removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or Mexican blend
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package and set aside.
- Add 2 cups of water to a large deep saucepan and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, prepare bell peppers by removing the tops and seeds. Dice the tops into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Place the peppers open-side down into the simmering water, put the lid on top, and let simmer for 6-8 minutes. Once bell peppers are ready, drain the water, and set peppers to the side.
- In a second large saute pan, heat olive oil to medium. Add in finely diced yellow onion and bite-sized diced bell pepper tops. Cook for 4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add in lean ground turkey and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Break turkey up with your stirring utensil as it cooks. Add in taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in sweet corn, chopped kale, cooked quinoa, and fresh cilantro. Cook for an additional 3 – 4 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Turn off heat and mix in the shredded cheese.
- Spoon turkey stuffing into each bell pepper and place back into clean deep saute pan. Sprinkle some additional cheese on top and place in the oven for 3 -4 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve immediately with some salsa, sliced avocado, guacamole, or chips. Enjoy!
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: healthy dinner, healthy lunch, mexican dinner, healthy mexican dinner, stuffed peppers, stuffed bell peppers, healthy stuffed peppers, mexican stuffed peppers, gluten-free stuffed peppers, gluten-free, lean ground turkey, quinoa, kale, Mexican turkey kale quinoa stuffed peppers
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!