Easy 15-minute air fryer boneless and skinless chicken thighs that are super juicy with crispy edges. Serve with fresh lemon and parsley for the perfect weeknight dinner!
Best air fried boneless & skinless chicken thighs
These air fryer boneless and skinless chicken thighs are so delicious, moist and make for the best quick weeknight dinner. Seasoned with a blend of paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, these chicken thighs practically melt in your mouth. Plus, they have super crunchy and crispy edges without oil.
Since they only take 15 minutes to air fry, this recipe is perfect for weeknight dinner, meal prep, family dinner, and even lunch. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon and a side of sweet potatoes and your favorite roasted vegetable for a balanced and healthy dinner!
What’s the difference between chicken breast and chicken thigh?
Chicken breast is white meat, while chicken thigh is considered dark meat. Both are high in protein and delicious; however, chicken thighs have more fat, making them much moister than chicken breasts.
Air fryer boneless chicken thigh comes together in under 20 minutes and calls for a few spices and, of course, chicken thighs. There is no oil in this recipe! You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already. Here is a list of ingredients, so you have everything prepared:
- Chicken Thighs: The main ingredient. You need 5 to 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs with the excess fat trimmed off.
- Spices: We need a combination of smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. This creates the best taste!
- Lemons: Add some fresh lemon juice when you are ready to serve for the perfect tang.
- Fresh Parsley: Optionally, garnish with fresh parsley.
Are chicken thighs keto?
Yes, this chicken thigh recipe is keto. There are no breadcrumbs, it is low carb, and 100% gluten-free. Plus, it is high in protein and has a healthy amount of fat.
How to make air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs
Air frying chicken thighs is so easy! You will be in and out of the chicken in under 20 minutes. Here are step-by-step instructions, so you are ready to cook.
First, preheat your air fryer to 380°F and lightly grease the basket with non-stick olive oil spray.
Meanwhile, dry your chicken thighs with a paper towel and combine all your seasonings into a small bowl. Season both sides of the chicken thighs, using your fingers to pat the seasoning mixture onto each gently.
Then, add the chicken things smooth side down to the preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Make sure to flip with tongs and air fryer for 4 – 5 more until cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon, sprinkle of fresh parsley, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Is this recipe healthy?
Yes, I consider this recipe to be healthy for a few reasons. First, it is high in protein. Second, there is no additional oil. Thirds, it is gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free. Air fryer boneless and skinless chicken thighs are a healthy and balanced meal.
How to tell if chicken thighs are cooked through?
Air fryer chicken thighs are cooked through when the internal temperate of the thickest part reads 165°F.
Can I use skin-on chicken thighs?
If you buy skin-on chicken thighs, simply remove the skin. You can leave it on, but make sure you air fry with the skin side up so it gets crispy.
How to store leftovers:
Store leftover air fryer chicken thighs in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to reheat chicken thigh:
Reheat in microwave for 45 – 90 seconds, until warm. You can also reheat in the air fryer at 350°F for 4 – 6 minutes until warm.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
- Cripsy Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer Italian Turkey Meatballs
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs (Boneless & Skinless)
- 5 - 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed off
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 - 2 lemons, for serving
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped, for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F and lightly grease the basket with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Meanwhile, pat your chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and combine all your seasonings into a small bowl.
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs, using your fingers to gently pat the seasoning mixture onto each.
- Add chicken things smooth side down to the preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip with tongs and air fryer for 4 - 5 more, until cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon, sprinkle of fresh parsley, and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!