Healthy maple roasted brussels sprouts with crispy bacon and toasted pecans as an easy Thanksgiving, Christmas, or holiday side dish! Perfectly spiced with cinnamon and lightly sweetened with maple syrup, this delicious and easy recipe is perfect for any special occasion.
The Best Ever Healthy Maple Roasted Brussels with Crispy Bacon
Thanksgiving could be my favorite holiday. There is just something about the cozy weather, family time, and delicious food that make me happy. I honestly look forward to Thanksgiving dinner all year. And, you know what?! The sides are probably my favorite part: warm cornbread, roasted sweet potato, homemade cranberry sauce, creamy mashed potatoes, and, best of all, maple roasted brussel sprouts.
I set out on a mission this year to make some “healthier” side dish recipes for the Holidays. I mean, I absolutely adore my grandma’s sugar-loaded maple-glazed brussles, don’t get me wrong, but these healthier cinnamon maple and bacon brussels are next level.
This maple roasted brussel recipe is perfectly spiced, naturally sweetened, and so dang delicious. I nearly liked my plate clean at Friendsgiving this year. I have to admit this dish was probably the favorite at Friendsgiving – there were NO left overs!
This easy recipe is the perfect side dish for the Holidays, Thanksgiving, or for a family dinner! Personally, I love to serve mine with some roasted turkey, oven-baked chicken, and even a warm bowl of butternut squash soup.
Ingredients Used for Healthy Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Bacon
You’ll only need a handful, simple ingredients to get this easy recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For this easy dinner recipe, you’ll need some fresh vegetables, sweet potatoes, Greek yogurt, and, of course, some delicious spices!
- Brussel sprouts
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Maple syrup – the best natural sweetener!
- Pecans – the perfect nutty flavor to this deliciously healthy sweet dish.
- Bacon – you can use pork, turkey, or even vegan bacon!
What You’ll Need to Make Maple-Glazed Brussels
For this easy recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! Plus you only need a big pot to cook this delicious healthy , how easy is that?!
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- 2 baking sheets
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring tools: 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, and 1/4 cup.
Looking for other tasty side dishes? Check these out!
How to Make the Healthy Roasted Maple Brussels with Crispy Bacon
My favorite thing about this simple maple roasted brussel sprout recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy it is to make! Ready in under an hour, this nutritious recipe is perfect as a delicious side dish, especially for Thanksgiving or any Holiday! The prep is straightforward and there are only a few steps. Here, I’ll walk you through how to make this instantly tasty roasted cinnampn maple brussels recipe!
First, preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, let’s prepare the brussels! Simply trim the end off and cut them in half.
Now, in a large bowl, combine the cleaned brussels, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Make sure all the brussel sprouts are evenly coated! Evenly spread the brussels across the baking sheet and place in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, line another baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Evenly space out 5 to 6 slices of bacon (making sure they do not overlap) and place tray in the same oven for 25 to 30 minutes. You may also cook on the stove top following the package instructions. Keep an eye on the bacon as not to burn.
Once the bacon is crispy, transfer to a clean paper towel and pat away the grease as much as possible, then chop the bacon into desired bit sized pieces and set aside.
Remove the parchment paper used to cook the bacon and line the second tray with new parchment paper. Toast your pecans in the oven for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Once the Brussels are done roasting, transfer them to a large serving bowl and gently fold in chopped bacon and toasted pecans.
Garnish with an extra sprinkle of crispy bacon and enjoy!
How to Store Extra Cinnamon Maple Glazed Brussels with Toasted Pecans
Make extra? No worries, this is actually the best meal prep recipe ever! I love to save my extras in a sealed airtight container in the fridge. You can save any extras up to 5 days!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Healthy Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Bacon
- 2 lbs Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup pecans, whole or halved
- 4 - 5 oz uncooked bacon, pork or turkey
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the trimmed and halved brussels, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and pepper until well combined. Evenly spread brussels across baking sheet and place in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line another baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Space out 5 to 6 slices of bacon and place in the same oven for around 25 minutes, or until desired crispy-ness. You may also cook on the stove top, following package instructions. Keep an eye on the bacon as not to burn.
- Once bacon is crispy, transfer to a paper towel and pat away the grease as much as possible, then chop the bacon and set aside.
- Line the second tray with new parchment paper and toast your pecans in the oven for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once Brussels are done roasting, transfer them to a large serving bowl and gently fold in chopped bacon and toasted pecans. Enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!