This is the crispiest honey sriracha brussels sprouts recipe – they’re sweet, caramelized, and oven-roasted. The perfect gluten-free, dairy-free, and healthy side dish for any dinner!
Crispiest brussels sprouts with a sweet honey sriracha sauce
Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables, but they have to be crispy and charred outside with a tender inside. I actually hate steamed Brussels. If you’re like me, you’ll love these balsamic maple brussel sprouts, these maple brussels & sweet potato cubes, and this honey sriracha Brussels recipe.
This is no ordinary roasted Brussels sprouts recipe. These honey sriracha brussel sprouts are perfectly tender, crisp, and coated in a sweet and spicy honey sriracha sauce made from only two ingredients. They’re caramelized and outrageously delicious.
I love how easy this recipe is. You only need four ingredients, plus salt and pepper: Brussels sprouts, olive oil, honey, and sriracha. You probably have all these ingredients in your kitchen right now!
Anyway, I cannot wait to hear your thoughts about this recipe. My family and I eat them at least once a week. Plus, they’re a great way to mask the taste of plain Brussels in a fun way; trust me, picky eaters will love them!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Sweet and Spicy Bliss: Enjoy the perfect blend of sweet honey and spicy Sriracha, turning Brussels sprouts into a taste sensation.
- Crispy Goodness: These Brussels sprouts have the most satisfying crunch. So good!
- Quick & Easy: This recipe is quick and easy, making it a go-to for a flavorful side dish without the hassle.
- Healthy Twist: Transform nutritious Brussels sprouts into a flavorful delight, a tasty departure from the usual.
- Holiday Side Dish: This unique recipe is perfect for the holidays, and picky eaters will love this.
- Try these delicious balsamic maple brussel sprouts next!
Ingredients needed & substitutions
You need five ingredients to make these extra crispy brussel sprouts coated in a honey sriracha sauce. Here is a list so you have everything prepared:
- Brussel Sprouts: First, you’ll need 1 pound of brussel sprouts. Simply trim the ends off and cut them in half so they are ready to go.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: This ensures your brussel sprouts are so crispy with a tender inside and charred outside. You can also use avocado oil.
- Salt & Black Pepper: For a simple seasoning.
- Honey: You’ll need 2 Tablespoons of honey, which adds the best natural sweetness and helps caramelize the brussels. You can also use maple syrup.
- Sriracha: Finally, add 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of your favorite sriracha for heat.
Kitchen tools needed
You’ll need a few kitchen utensils to make this recipe – don’t worry, I bet you have all of them already!
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1 Tablespoon.
How to make honey sriracha brussels sprouts
It’s so easy to make these healthy roasted brussels sprouts. First, we roast the Brussels sprouts with olive oil in the oven, then toss them in our homemade honey sriracha sauce. From start to finish, you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in 30 minutes. Here are step-by-step instructions for any level cook:
First, preheat the oven to 425°F.
Then, in a medium mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place them face-down in one layer across a baking sheet.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
Meanwhile, mix honey and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside. For a spicier taste, use 1 Tablespoon of sriracha. For a milder spice, use 1.5 teaspoons.
Then, as soon as the Brussels sprouts are done roasting, add them to a serving bowl and immediately toss them with the honey sriracha mixture.
Tip: It is important this is done when they are still piping hot so the honey glaze melts onto them.
Finally, sprinkle a dash of salt on top, and enjoy your sweet and spicy honey sriracha brussels sprouts!
Expert recipe tips for crispy Brussels sprouts
- Use fresh Brussels sprouts: I highly recommend using fresh Brussels sprouts for this recipe so they are crispy. Frozen Brussels sprouts are much softer and can get mushy.
- Trim and Halve: Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellowed or damaged leaves. Cut them in half for more surface area, which helps with crispiness.
- Thoroughly Dry: Moisture is the enemy of crispiness. Pat the Brussels sprouts completely dry with a paper towel after washing them. Any excess moisture will prevent them from getting crispy.
- Don’t skip out on the olive oil: Without olive oil, these brussels will not get crispy – trust me. Plus, dry roasting them makes the insides dry (no one wants that).
- Use room-temperature honey: Use room-temperature honey so the sauce is easy to mix and pour over the roasted Brussels sprouts.
- Add honey siracha sauce to roasted Brussels sprouts while they are still hot: This makes sure the sauce melts and coats all the crispy Brussels.
What’s in honey sriracha sauce?
Honey sriracha sauce is a simple two-ingredient sauce made from honey and sriracha hot sauce. Other recipes sometimes call for butter and soy sauce, but we keep this one simple, easy, and healthier. You can even add red chili flakes for extra spicy if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen Brussels sprouts for this recipe?
While fresh Brussels sprouts are recommended for the best texture, you can use frozen ones in a pinch. Ensure they are thawed, and pat them dry before cooking to minimize excess moisture.
How do I prevent the Brussels sprouts from getting soggy?
Ensure the Brussels sprouts are thoroughly dried before cooking to maintain maximum crispiness. Use high heat during roasting, and avoid overcrowding on the baking sheet to allow proper caramelization.
Can I use a different sweetener instead of honey?
Yes, you can experiment with alternative sweeteners like maple syrup or agave nectar if you prefer. Adjust the quantity based on your desired level of sweetness.
Is sriracha gluten-free?
Yes, sriracha sauce is gluten-free. It’s a fantastic hot sauce for all types of eaters, especially those who follow a gluten-free diet.
Is this recipe healthy?
Yes, we consider this recipe to be healthy for many reasons. First, it only calls for five simple ingredients. Second, there are no refined sugars. Third, it is vegan with one ingredient swap. Fourth, it is gluten-free.
Can I double or triple the recipe?
You can easily double or triple this recipe to serve more people. Just make sure the brussel sprouts don’t overlap on the baking tray. If they do, then they will not cook properly. So, you might need to roast them on two separate trays or in two batches.
Is sriracha vegan?
Yes, sriracha hot sauce is naturally vegan. There are no animal products in the ingredients.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
To make this recipe vegan, swap out the honey for maple syrup.
Can I use hot sauce in place of sriracha?
If you are out of sriracha, you can certainly try using another type of hot sauce. The best substitute is Sambal Oelek (an Indonesian hot sauce) or Gochujang (a Korean chili paste). You can use Frank’s hot sauce; however, the taste will be slightly different.
Can you freeze oven-roasted Brussels sprouts?
You can freeze oven-roasted brussel sprouts for up to 12 months; however, the texture might change once reheated. Unless absolutely necessary, I don’t recommend freezing them.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Storing: For best results, add your honey sriracha brussel sprouts to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheating: For best results, reheat these roasted brussel sprouts in the oven at 350°F for 5 – 10 minutes or until warm. If you are in a rush, you can microwave them in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 – 60 seconds or until warm.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Balsamic Maple Brussel Sprouts
- Maple Roasted Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Cubes
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Broccoli and Cauliflower
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Honey Sriracha Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 – 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ – 1 tbsp sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place them face-down in one layer across a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together honey and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside. For a spicier taste, use 1 Tablespoon of sriracha. For a milder spice, use 1.5 teaspoons.
- As soon as the brussel sprouts are done roasting, add them to a serving bowl and immediately toss them with the honey sriracha mixture. Important this is done with they are still piping hot, so the honey glaze melts onto them.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt on top, and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, I may receive a small compensation by purchasing a product I recommend. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!