Crispy oven roasted honey sriracha brussel sprouts are the perfect side dish for any dinner. They’re gluten free, dairy free, and healthy!
Crispy brussel sprouts with honey sriracha sauce
Brussel sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables. I love when they are oven-roasted with a crispy, charred outside but tender inside. These maple roasted brussel sprouts are great, but this recipe is perfect for when I am in the mood for something a little spicy.
These are no ordinary roasted brussel sprouts. They are perfectly tender and crisp, but they are also coated in a sweet and spicy honey sriracha sauce made from only two ingredients.
You do not need to buy any fancy ingredients for this recipe. In fact, you probably have everything in your kitchen now. That’s one of the many reasons I love them.
Anyways, I’ve been enjoying these honey sriracha brussel sprouts at least once a week. My friends and family just love them, so I can’t wait to hear what you think!
What’s in honey sriracha sauce?
Honey sriracha sauce is a simple two-ingredient sauce made from honey and sriracha hot sauce. Other recipes sometimes call for butter and soy sauce, but we keep this one simple, easy, and healthier. You can add red chili flakes for extra spicy if desired.
You need five ingredients to make these crispy brussel sprouts coated in a honey sriracha sauce. Here is a list, so you have everything prepared:
- Brussel Sprouts: First, you’ll need 1 pound of brussel sprouts. Simply trim the ends off and cut them in half, so they are ready to go.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: Then, add 2 or 3 Tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil to ensure you get the crispiest brussel sprouts with a tender inside and charred outside.
- Salt & Black Pepper: For a simple seasoning.
- Honey: You’ll need 2 Tablespoons of honey which adds the best natural sweetness.
- Sriracha: Finally, add 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of your favorite sriracha for heat.
Kitchen tools required
You’ll need a few kitchen utensils to make this recipe – don’t worry, I bet you have all of them already!
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1 Tablespoon.
How to make honey sriracha brussel sprouts
It’s so easy to make these healthy roasted brussel sprouts. First, we roast the brussel sprouts with a little olive oil in the oven, and then we toss them in our homemade honey sriracha sauce. From start to finish, you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in 30 minutes. Here are step-by-step instructions for any level cook:
First, preheat the oven to 425°F.
Then, in a medium mixing bowl, toss the brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place them face-down in one layer across a baking sheet.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
Meanwhile, mix together honey and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside. For a spicier taste, use 1 Tablespoon of sriracha. For a milder spice, use 1.5 teaspoons.
Then, as soon as the brussel sprouts are done roasting, add them to a serving bowl and immediately toss them with the honey sriracha mixture. Important this is done with they are still piping hot, so the honey glaze melts onto them.
Finally, sprinkle a dash of salt on top, and enjoy!
Expert recipe tips:
- Use fresh brussel sprouts. I highly recommend using fresh brussel sprouts for this recipe, so they are crispy. Frozen brussel sprouts are much softer and can get mushy.
- Don’t skip out on the olive oil. Without olive oil, these brussels will not get crispy – trust me. Plus, dry roasting them makes the insides dry (no one wants that).
- Use room temperature honey. Try to use room-temperature honey, so the sauce is easy to mix and pour over the roasted Brussel sprouts.
- Add honey siracha sauce to roasted brussel sprouts while they are still hot. This makes sure the sauce melts and coats all the crispy brussels.
Is sriracha gluten free?
Yes, sriracha sauce is gluten free. It’s a fantastic hot sauce for all types of eaters, especially those who follow the gluten-free diet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this recipe healthy?
Yes, this recipe is healthy because it only calls for five simple ingredients, and there are no refined sugars. Brussel sprouts have many health benefits, including high fiber and Vitamin C.
Can I double or triple the recipe?
You can easily double or triple this recipe to serve more people. Just make sure the brussel sprouts don’t overlap on the baking tray. If they do, then they will not cook properly. So, you might need to roast them on two separate trays or in two batches.
Is sriracha vegan?
Yes, sriracha hot sauce is naturally vegan. There are no animal products in the ingredients.
Can I make it vegan?
To make this recipe vegan, swap out the honey for maple syrup.
Can I use hot sauce in place of sriracha?
If you are out of sriracha, you can certainly try using another type of hot sauce. The best substitute is Sambal Oelek (an Indonesian hot sauce) or Gochujang (a Korean chili paste). You can use Frank’s hot sauce; however, the taste will be slightly different.
Can you freeze oven roasted brussel sprouts?
You can freeze oven-roasted brussel sprouts for up to 12 months; however, once reheated, the texture might change. Unless absolutely necessary, I don’t recommend freezing them.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Storing: For best results, add your honey sriracha brussel sprouts to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheating: For best results, reheat these roasted brussel sprouts in the oven at 350°F for 5 – 10 minutes, or until warm. If you are in a rush, you can microwave them in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 – 60 seconds or until warm.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Honey Sriracha Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 – 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ – 1 Tbsp sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place them face-down in one layer across a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together honey and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside. For a spicier taste, use 1 Tablespoon of sriracha. For a milder spice, use 1.5 teaspoons.
- As soon as the brussel sprouts are done roasting, add them to a serving bowl and immediately toss them with the honey sriracha mixture. Important this is done with they are still piping hot, so the honey glaze melts onto them.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt on top, and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply