Maple Roasted Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprouts
Crispy and tender oven roasted maple sweet potato cubes and brussel sprouts are the perfect healthy, flavorful, and delicious side dish. Enjoy this gluten free, dairy free, and easy recipe for Thanksgiving, on any holiday, or for family dinner.
The best roasted sweet potato cubes
Anyone else obsessed with sweet potatoes!? They could honestly be my favorite food. Nothing beats a roasted sweet potato that is slightly crispy on the outside, yet tender on the inside.
These healthy maple roasted sweet potato cubes with crispy brussel sprouts are baked in the oven, super easy to make, and a dish that everyone will love. The sweet cinnamon in combination with the dash of maple syrup yields the crispiest brussel sprouts. I promise you can’t even tell this recipe is healthy.
For anyone on the hunt for a simple family dinner side dish or even a Christmas or Thanksgiving side, this vegan and vegetarian recipe is for you. Everyone will love it!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Tender sweet potato cubes
- Crispy brussel sprouts
- Easy to make
- Gluten free
- Perfect Thanksgiving or family dinner side
All of my recipes call for simple and healthy ingredients. All in all, you will need 6 ingredients for this vegetarian side dish. These crispy sweet potatoes and brussels are easy to make, delicious, and made with good-for-you ingredients. Here is a list of what you will need:
- Sweet potatoes: Grab 2 or 3 medium sweet potatoes. You’ll need to peel and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
- Brussel sprouts: Next, grab 1 pound of brussel sprouts and trim the ends off, and cut them in half.
- Olive oil: To make sure the sweet potatoes and brussels get crispy, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil.
- Cinnamon: Add in 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon for all those delicious fall flavors.
- Maple syrup: Then, 2 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup for a dash of sweetness.
- Salt: Finally, salt to taste. I use 1/2 a teaspoon.
Kichen tools needed
This healthy vegetarian side dish is so easy to make. It will come together in around 30 minutes with these few kitchen tools:
How to make oven roasted brussels and sweet potato cubes
Say hello to your new go-to side dish recipe. These crispy and tender oven roasted sweet potato cubes and brussel sprouts come together in a few simple steps. You do not need to be an experienced cook to make this recipe!
Step One: First, preheat your oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Step Two: Next, peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into bite-sized 1-inch cubes. Trim and halve the brussel sprouts. Place both on the lined baking sheet.
Step Three: Then, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Pour the glaze over the sweet potatoes and brussel sprout. Use a spatula or your hands to toss. Make sure everything is coated.
Step Four: Roast for 30 – 40 minutes, or until your desired doneness & crispiness.
Serve warm and enjoy your delicious gluten free sweet potato brussel sprouts.
Fequently Asked Questions
What to serve with brussel sprouts:
The options are endless when it comes to what you can serve with these brussel sprouts and roasted sweet potato cubes. I love pairing this side dish with my Balsamic Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts or No-Bean Veggie Burger. Also add this to your Thanksgiving recipe lineup!
Is this gluten free?
Yes! Sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts are both gluten free foods. There are no grains nor gluten in this side dish.
Are sweet potatoes paleo?
Yes, sweet potatoes are the only potato that are considered paleo. This means that they are gluten free and grain free.
How to store and reheat leftovers
Storing leftover brussel sprouts and sweet potato is easy. You can double or triple to recipe for meal prep too!
Storing: Store in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 4 – 6 days.
Reheating: Reheat in the microwave for 30 – 60 seconds until warm or in the oven at 350°F for 10 – 15 minutes.
Check out more healthy dinner recipes!
Need some more healthier dinner recipes? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie recipes to try out….
- Healthy 30-Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Balsamic Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Cauliflower Tacos With Cilantro Yogurt Crema
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Crispy and tender maple roasted sweet potato cubes and brussel sprouts are the perfect healthy, flavorful, and delicious side dish. Enjoy this gluten-free, dairy-free, and easy recipe for Thanksgiving, on any holiday, or for family dinner.
- 2 – 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb of brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into bite-sized 1-inch cubes. Trim the ends off and halve the brussel sprouts. Place both on the lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the glaze over the sweet potatoes and brussel sprout. Use a spatula or your hands to toss. Make sure everything is coated.
- Roast for 30 – 40 minutes, or until your desired doneness & crispiness.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
Keywords: maple roasted sweet potato and brussel sprouts, crispy brussel sprouts, healthy maple brussels, oven roasted sweet potato cubes
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff / Healthful Blondie + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!