Balsamic Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Tender and juicy balsamic chicken breasts stuffed with fresh tomato and warm feta. This healthy dinner recipe is incredibly tasty, easy to make, and the chicken is coated in a homemade balsamic glaze. You’ll love this easy gluten free, grain free, and low carb chicken dinner!
My favorite stuffed chicken recipe
Chicken breast is a staple meal idea when trying to eat healthy. But this is no ordinating, boring chicken breast recipe. This balsamic glazed stuffed chicken breast recipe takes a classic protein option and adds a ton of flavor in a fun way!
Stuffed with creamy feta cheese and fresh tomato slices and covered in homemade balsamic glaze, this chicken is so juicy and mouthwatering. You are never going to want a plain chicken breast again! Trust me.
I promise these stuffed chicken breasts are the best easy dinner or lunch. By adding in some delicious and good for you ingredients, you will have the most flavorful dinner recipe ever. I would eat cheesy and tender chicken any day.
This stuffed chicken recipe is so versatile and is ideal for family dinners, meal prep, and your kids will love it! If you are bored with classic oven-baked and grilled chicken, make this. It is bound to be a crowd pleaser and something everyone will love!
What makes feta stuffed chicken healthy?
Stuffed chicken breasts are most certainly healthy! Chicken breast itself is one of the healthiest and high-protein foods you can find. In fact, there are 32g of protein in one piece of lean chicken breast!
In addition, the ingredients in this recipe are all simple. Crumbled feta cheese, ripe vine tomatoes, olive oil, and simple seasonings are all that are used to give this dish the best flavor.
Plus this dinner recipe is gluten-free and grain-free, so if you are looking for a low-carb dinner recipe this is balsamic feta stuffed chicken breasts are perfect for you. You can probably tell by now, I am obsessed with this stuffed tomato and feta stuffed chicken!
Ingredients in balsamic tomato feta stuffed chicken breasts
Making stuffed chicken is super easy because it calls for 6 different healthy ingredients, plus some Italian seasonings. It is full of vitamins and protein, contains zero grains, and is bursting with flavor. Here is what you will need to make the best ever balsamic tomato & feta stuffed chicken breasts:
- Chicken breasts: a wonderful souce of lean protein. You’ll be needing 4 total since this recipe yields four servings.
- Roma or Vine Tomatoes: slice 2 fresh tomatoes into 1/8th inch slices. Once baked with the feta, these tomatoes burst with flavor.
- Feta: in addition to the tomatoes, use 4 ounces of feta for the stuffing. It is naturally salty and tastes so good. You can buy crumbled feta or a block and crumble it yourself.
- Olive oil: 1 – 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (or avocado oil) is the perfect amount to get a great sear on the outside of the chicken. This will lock the juices on the inside and make this the most tender stuffed chicken recipe out there!
- Balsamic vinegar: for the best homemade balsmic glaze, add 1/3 cup of balsamic vinager on top of the healthy stuffed chicken breasts before placing the pan in the oven.
- Garlic clove: for a simple, yet burst of flavor, use 2 minced garlic cloves.
- Seasonings: you’ll be needing some Italian seasoning, salt, fresh black pepper.
- Saute Pan
- Sharp cutting knife
- Measuring cups: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, 1/3 cup.
Kitchen tools needed
You only need a few simple kitchen tools to make these juicy balsamic glazed stuffed chicken breasts. Just grab a cutting board and a knife, clean up will be easy.
How to make oven baked balsamic feta stuffed chicken
Making stuffed chicken is actually really easy; anyone can make this healthy dinner. Follow these simple instructions and you’ll impress everyone with your cooking skills!
First, start by preheating your oven to 400°F.
Next, start preparing the chicken breasts by patting them dry with a paper towel and using a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the middle of each chicken breast. They should be about 3/4 quarters of the way through, so be careful not to cut all the way through.
After that, season the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. For the best flavor, I recommend seasoning the inside of the chicken pocket as well.
Place 1 or 2 slices of tomato and about 2 Tablespoons of crumbled feta into each chicken breast pocket. If necessary, use a toothpick to secure the chicken breasts.
Now, let’s cook the chicken by heating a saute pan with olive oil to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken breast to the pan and cook each side for 2 minutes.
While the chicken cooks, combine the minced garlic cloves and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Then, pour on top of each chicken breast once they are done cooking. Bring the mixture to a simmer and gently spoon over each chicken breast until the glaze has slightly thickened. This should take an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
Finally, carefully transfer the pan to the oven and continue to cook for 15 – 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through or reaches the internal temperature of 165°F. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving or cutting.
Spoon extra balsamic reduction on top and serve with a side salad or roasted vegetables. Enjoy!
The key to making great stuffed chicken breasts is making sure the stuffing is bursting with flavor and the chicken is not overcooked. To ensure that your balsamic tomato feta stuffed chicken is perfectly juicy, tender, and delicious, here are some quick cooking tips:
- Pat your chicken dry. Make sure you pat your chicken dry with paper towels before seasoning and cooking. This will ensure that you get a good sear on the outside.
- Season the inside of the chicken. Once you cut a pocket in the chicken, I highly recommend sprinkling some of the seasonings on the inside to make every bite super tasty!
- Be careful not to cut your chicken breast all the way through. Your pocket should not go thorough to the other side. We want to ensure that the tomato feta stuffing stays sealed inside the chicken and does not fall out.
- Use a toothpick to ensure the stuffed chicken is sealed. If your chicken breasts are super loaded, using a toothpick will help hold the pocket closed, ensuring the feta and tomato stuffing stays inside the chicken.
- Spoon the balsamic reduction on top of the chicken breasts. Use a spoon to baste the chicken breasts in the yummy balsamic glaze to ensure the chicken is super juicy and flavorful.
- Grilled Honey Soy Chicken Thigh Skewers
- Sheet Pan Chicken With Crispy Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
- Mojito Lime Chicken Bowl
- Healthy Balsamic Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Goat Cheese & Pesto Crusted Chicken
- 4 medium chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 roma or vine tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F and pat your chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the middle of each chicken breast, about 3/4 quarters of the way through. Be careful not to cut it all the way.
- Season the outside and pocket of the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly stuff each chicken breast with 1 or 2 slices of tomato and about 2 Tablespoons of crumbled feta. Use a toothpick to secure the chicken breasts, if necessary.
- Heat a saute pan with olive oil to medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken breast to the pan and cook each side for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, as the chicken cooks, combine the minced garlic cloves and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken is done, pour the balsamic mixture over each chicken breast. Bring to a simmer and gently spoon over each chicken bread until the vinegar has slightly thickened to a glaze. This should take an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the pan to the oven and continue to cook for 15 – 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon extra balsamic reduction on top and serve with a side salad or your favorite roasted vegetable. Enjoy!
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
What to serve feta stuffed chicken with
This feta cheese stuffed chicken dish pairs well with so many things; you can make the perfect dinner for whatever you’re in the mood for. If you are looking for a lighter option, I recommend putting the chicken on a bed of arugula or your favorite lettuce for a tasty salad.
If you want to incorporate some healthy grains into the meal, pair this chicken with some brown rice or quinoa. In addition, this fresh and simple recipe pairs well with almost any vegetable. Roasted broccoli, asparagus, sweet potato, or cauliflower makes for a tasty side dish to this chicken!
Balsamic glaze vs. balsamic vinegar
“Balsamic vinegar” is classic to Italian cooking and is a strong vinegar made from grapes. While “balsamic glaze” is made from a reduction of balsamic vinegar by letting simmering and cooking down the vinegar. It is thicker and slightly sweeter (but don’t worry there is no added sugar)!
Both are wonderful options for cooking. This recipe calls for balsamic vinegar, but we are making it into a balsamic glaze by simmering it and then letting it reduce further in the oven as the stuffed chicken cooks.
How to store, meal prep and reheat leftovers
Keep these healthy stuffed chicken breasts on hand for a quick and easy meal. Leftover balsamic feta stuffed chicken breasts store well in the fridge and are great for weekly meal prep!
How to store: Simply store leftovers in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days in one large sealed container or individual containers.
How to meal prep: For meal prep, prepare the chicken normally and then let the chicken completely cool before putting them in separate airtight containers. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to reheat: In order to reheat this delicious stuffed chicken recipe, just place each breast in the microwave with a damp paper towel on top.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
If you loved this recipe, check these out!
Luckily for you, if you love this recipe I have a few more Healthful Blondie desserts you should check out:
Tender and juicy balsamic chicken breasts stuffed with fresh tomato and warm feta. This healthy dinner recipe is incredibly tasty, easy to make, and the chicken is coated in a homemade balsamic glaze. You’ll love this gluten-free, grain-free, and low-carb chicken dinner!
TO STORE: in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days.
TO REHEAT: place each breast in the microwave with a damp paper towel on top, until warm.
Keywords: balsamic feta stuffed chicken breasts, healthy stuffed chicken, stuffed chicken breasts, healthy dinner, chicken recipe, tomato feta stuffed chicken, feta chicken, balsamic chicken
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff / Healthful Blondie + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!