Quick, easy, and crispy air fryer broccoli and cauliflower makes for the perfect healthy side dish and is ready in under 15 minutes. It’s perfectly seasoned, tender roasted, and crisp on the outside.
Easy air fryer broccoli and cauliflower recipe
I love roasted cauliflower and broccoli, but I never have time to wait 45 minutes for it to roast in the oven! That is why I am so excited to share this 15-minute tender and crispy air fryer broccoli and cauliflower recipe — it tastes as if we roasted it in the oven, but it is crispier and faster to make.
I will always love roasted vegetables, but seriously, this air fryer recipe is a game-changer!
Air-fried broccoli and cauliflower makes for the ideal side dish for any dinner! It is garlic-flavored, tender on the inside, and slightly crunchy and crisp on the outside — actually addictive! Your kids will love it, and everyone will ask more.
What to serve with air fried cauliflower & broccoli
The sky is the limit for what you can serve with air fryer broccoli and cauliflower. I love adding a squeeze of fresh lemon and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Feel free to add some red chili flakes if you want a spicer side dish. Here are a few ideas of what dishes pair well with air-fried cauliflower & broccoli:
- Zucchini Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
- Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
This air fryer side dish is made with 3 super simple ingredients and some seasonings. Here is a list of ingredients so you have every prepared:
- Cauliflower: First up, grab one small cauliflower head and cut it into small-to-medium-sized florets. Once air-fried, cauliflower becomes tender on the inside with crispy edges.
- Broccoli: Don’t forget broccoli! You need one medium head of broccoli. Once cut up into medium-sized florets, we’ll season them and air fryer them to crispy perfection.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: This helps the cauliflower and broccoli crisp up on the outside and make it nice and tender as it cooks. Don’t skip this ingredient because if not, the broccoli will burn! You need 2 Tablespoons.
- Garlic Powder: The secrete to making this recipe taste so good! You need one teaspoon of garlic powder. If you want a stronger flavor, add a little more!
- Salt & Black Pepper: For seasoning, of course.
- Optional Garnishes: Once done, feel free to garnish your air fryer broccoli and cauliflower with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, or a dash of red chili flakes.
How to make air fryer broccoli and cauliflower
Ready in under 15 minutes, this air fryer broccoli and cauliflower recipe is so easy to make! We start by seasoning the florets in a mixing bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; then we air fryer them to tender and crispy perfection. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions for any level cook:
To begin, preheat air fryer to 370°F and lightly grease the basket with non-stick olive oil spray.
Then, toss cauliflower and broccoli florets in a mixing bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. TIP: Cauliflower takes longer to cook, so make sure the florets are smaller than the broccoli.
Next, Add to preheated air fryer and air fry for 11 – 15 minutes, shaking the basket every 3 – 4 minutes – this is necessary so everything cooks evenly. TIP: All air fryers are different, so check at the 11-minute mark to see if ready.
Serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lemon, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, or a dash of red chili flakes for some heat (if desired).
Pro tips for air frying cauliflower and broccoli
Here are 4 pro cooking tips that ensure the best air fryer broccoli and cauliflower:
- Make sure the cauliflower florets are smaller than the broccoli florets. Cauliflower takes longer to air fry, and if the florets are not smaller than the broccoli ones, then they will not cook properly in 15 minutes.
- Don’t skip out on the olive oil. The olive oil is essential to make sure the broccoli doesn’t burn, and the cauliflower is super tender. In fact, feel free to add 1 Tablespoon more for extra crisp broccoli and cauliflower.
- Shake the basket every 3 or 4 minutes! This makes sure that both the broccoli and cauliflower cook properly in the air fryer. We don’t want one side tender and crispy and the other side raw!
- Might need to cook in batches. If your air fryer basket is too small, then cook in batches! You don’t want the cauliflower and broccoli to be piled on top of eachother or it won’t cook properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this recipe healthy?
This recipe is certainly healthy since both broccoli and cauliflower have many health benefits — vitamins, fiber, antioxidants. We also use olive oil which is a great source of healthy fats.
Is broccoli paleo?
Yes! Both broccoli and cauliflower are paleo-friendly. They are both gluten-free too.
Is it vegan?
Yes, air fryer broccoli and cauliflower is a vegan recipe.
Can I use frozen broccoli?
I do not recommend using frozen broccoli. It will be softer and can get mushy.
Can I make air fryer cauliflower and broccoli ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge for meal prep. Check out the instructions below!
How to store leftovers:
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Maple Roasted Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprouts
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small-to-medium florets
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into medium florets
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, for serving
- Optional Garnishes: freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1 tsp red chili flakes, spicy
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F and lightly grease the basket with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Toss cauliflower and broccoli florets in a mixing bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cauliflower takes longer to cook, so make sure the florets are smaller than the broccoli.
- Add to preheated air fryer and air fry for 11 - 15 minutes, shaking the basket every 3 - 4 minutes - this is necessary so everything cooks evenly. All air fryers are different so check at the 11-minute mark to see if ready.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lemon (if desired).
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!