10-minute tender and crispy air fryer baby carrots are the best healthy side dish for any dinner – even for picky eaters! Made vegan and gluten-free with just 3 ingredients.
Tender and crispy air fryer baby carrots
These air fryer baby carrots are tender, crispy, and so easy to make. The fresh baby carrots are tossed with a little olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then air fried until tender and golden. They are seriously a family favorite side dish!
Add these delicious carrots as a side for any holiday dinner served alongside your favorite cornbread, mashed potatoes, and pasta, or serve them with any main course. I simply love these airy fryer baby carrots with grilled chicken or salmon.
Anyways, this dish is the perfect way to sneak vegetables into your diet. They are healthy but taste so good. I even offer other flavor variations below: you can try maple cinnamon glazed, Asain-inspired, Italian, or balsamic glazed.
Air fryer baby carrots are seriously delicious and easy to make.
Why you’ll love this air fryer recipe
- Air fryer baby carrots are made with three ingredients and are tender and crispy.
- Quick and easy side dish for any meal.
- Perfect for the holidays and to serve guests.
- Air-fried and ready in under 10 minutes.
- This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- Very customizable with lots of flavor variations below/
- Try these air fryer green beans for another flavorful side dish!
Ingredients & substitutions
These air fryer baby carrots are made with three ingredients, plus salt, pepper, and fresh parsley to garnish. Here is a list of all the ingredients, so you are prepared – scroll to the bottom of this blog post to see the entire recipe card with measurements.
- Baby Carrots: You need 1 pound. You can use orange, yellow, or tri-colored ones.
- Olive Oil: To help crispen the carrots up as we air fry them. You can substitute extra-virgin olive oil with melted unsalted butter or avocado oil too.
- Garlic Powder: For that classic garlic flavor. Don’t use freshly minced garlic because it will burn in the air fryer. You can substitute this with onion powder if needed, but the flavor will change.
- Salt & Pepper: For flavor.
- Parsley: For a fresh and bright garnish. You can also use rosemary.
Kitchen tools required
You only need a few kitchen utensils to make these crispy air fryers baby carrots. Clean-up is so easy! Here is a list:
How to make air fryer baby carrots
Air frying is the easiest and fastest way to prepare tender and crispy baby carrots. Roasting carrots can take between 20 – 30 minutes, but air frying them only takes 10 minutes. Here are step-by-step directions and pictures for visual reference:
First, preheat your air fryer to 380°F and lightly grease the basket with nonstick olive oil spray.
Next, pat the baby carrots dry with paper towels. This is an important step!
Then, toss the carrots in a mixing bowl with olive oil OR melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Finally, add to preheated air fryer and air fry for a total of 10 – 12 minutes. Shake the basket at the 5-minute mark to ensure they are cooking evenly.
Serve immediately, garnished with a sprinkle of fresh parsley; enjoy!
Taste & texture
These air fryer baby carrots are seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper. They are garlicky, flavorful, and bright with the added fresh parsley. It truly has the best flavor and makes for an easy meal prep side dish.
The texture of these carrots is tender and crisp. They are slightly charred on the outside but soft on the inside. Don’t worry they are NOT mushy.
Expert tips & tricks
Here are my expert cooking tips for making the perfect air fryer baby carrots:
Pat the baby carrots dry. Seems silly, I know. But you MUST do this because if you don’t, the carrots may get mushy from all the excess liquid.
Shake the basket at the 5-minute mark. Every air fryer is different, so I recommend shaking the baby carrots around at the 5-minute mark to ensure they are cooking evenly.
Don’t skip out on the olive oil. You only need one tablespoon, and it is super important. The olive oil helps crispen up the carrots as they air fry while also making them tender.
Make ahead. You can easily meal prep this recipe since it creates four servings. Air fryer baby carrots keep for 4 – 5 days in the refrigerator.
Air fryer carrot flavor variations
Here are a few air fryer baby carrot flavor variations to spice things up if you are feeling more adventurous!
Asain-Inspired. Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce, 1/2 a teaspoon of sesame oil, and garnish with sesame seeds. Don’t add extra salt since soy sauce is already salty.
Balsamic Glazed. Drizzle and toss the air fryer carrots in balsamic glaze.
Italian. Sprinkle 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese on top of the baby carrots after air frying them.
Cinnamon Maple Glazed. Add one tablespoon of pure maple syrup along with the olive oil. Remove the garlic powder, and replace it with 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon.
Rosemary. Instead of fresh parsley, use freshly chopped up rosemary!
What to serve with baby carrots
Air fryer baby carrots go well with so many dishes! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Greek Yogurt Chicken
- Juiciest Grilled Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon Bites
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Blackened Salmon with Mango Salsa
- No-Bean Veggie Burger
- Balsamic Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use tri-colored baby carrots?
Yes, you can use any variety of baby carrots for this recipe, including tri-colored ones.
Do I need to use nonstick spray?
Since these baby carrots are tossed in olive oil, you don’t need to spray your air fryer with nonstick spray. However, I always recommend it just to be safe.
Are carrots low fodmap?
Yes, carrots are a low FODMAP food.
Why is this recipe healthy?
Baby carrots are a great healthy side dish. This recipe only uses healthy and simple ingredients, there is no added sugar, and they are vegan. Plus, carrots are packed with vitamin A and vitamin C.
Do they keep well for meal prep?
Air fryer baby carrots are a great option for meal prep. You can store them in the fridge for up to 4 days and serve them with your favorite main dish.
What temperature should I air fry carrots?
You should air fry baby carrots at 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long should I air fry carrots at 380°F?
You should air fry baby carrots for 10 to 12 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Storing: Store leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheating: You can reheat baby carrots in an air fryer or microwave. For best results, reheat in an air fryer at 350ºF for 3 – 6 minutes until warm and crisp. If you are in a rush, you can microwave them for 30 – 45 seconds until warm.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- 1 lb. bag of baby carrots
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or melted unsalted butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F and lightly grease the basket with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Pat the baby carrots dry with paper towels. This is important!
- Then toss the carrots in a mixing bowl with olive oil OR melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add to preheated air fryer and air fry for a total of 10 – 12 minutes. Shake the basket at the 5-minute mark to ensure they are cooking evenly.
- Serve immediately garnished with a sprinkle of fresh parsley; enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!