These tender and juicy Mediterranean bison burgers are healthy, super nutritious, and jammed packed with flavor. The combination of lean red meat, fresh feta, and Greek seasonings has made these a real family favorite. They only take 25 minutes to prepare and have 7 ingredients, making this gluten-free, low-carb, and paleo-friendly recipe absolutely perfect for an easy summer weekend grill-out.
Best ever juicy and healthy greek burgers!
This may be one of the BEST burgers I have ever eaten. I’m not even joking. Don’t get me wrong, I love a classic beef burger, but these Mediterranean bison burgers are next level. They are super nutritious, healthy, and honestly taste like you’re eating at a fast-food restaurant. Crazy, right?
I love serving these burgers with my homemade balsamic sweet potato fries or even a little greek side salad. I just dice up some cherry tomatoes, sweet baby bell peppers, cucumbers, and toss it in a light vinaigrette.
For the burgers themselves, you can use any toppings you’re craving – tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions, tzatziki, ketchup, mayo, mustard, jalapeño slices, avocado, etc. – and your favorite bun! Personally, I absolutely LOVE using a classic brioche bun or my all-time favorite Outer Aisle low-carb, keto-friendly cauliflower thins. You can simply pop them into the toaster oven on 400 F for 5 minutes or put them in the toaster on medium. Think warm, slightly crisp parmesan heaven. I’m obsessed.
With summer around the corner, I know I’ll be making these a lot! These protein-packed Mediterranean bison burgers are incredibly tender, juicy, and perfect for a barbecue.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Mediterranean Bison Burgers
- 1 lb ground bison
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Form 5 equal-sized patties.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium (optional: spray with avocado oil or a drizzle of olive oil or cooking oil). Add burgers to the skillet and cook 5 - 6 minutes on the first side. Flip. Cook 5 - 6 minutes on the second side. These cooked to medium-well. Adjust time for desired doneness.
- If using outside grill, heat and cook burgers 4 - 5 minutes on the first side and 4 - 5 minutes on the second side.
- Construct your burgers with toppings and bun of choice. I love using Outer Aisle Gourmet cauliflower thins toasted until warm and crispy or a classic sough dough bun! I paired my burger with a side greek salad.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply