Super juicy air fryer turkey burgers that are easy to make, flavorful, and made with 5 ingredients. Say hello to your new go-to 15 minute dinner! This healthy air fried turkey burger recipe is gluten free, paleo, egg free, and keto.
The best healthy turkey burger recipe
Anyone else obsessed with their air fryer?! Because I sure am. I’ve been making so many air fried recipes recently. My favorites are definitely my sweet potato steak fries, buffalo chicken breasts, and super crispy tofu. But these healthy turkey burgers are now in first place!
Air fried turkey burgers are my go-to dinner! They only take 15 minutes to make and are so incredibly juicy it is wild. Forget about waiting for your grill to heat up or praying your burgers won’t burn on the stovetop!
This burger recipe is sure to be a family favorite. Make them on date night, meal prep them, or impress your friends with your cooking skills. This recipe will not disappoint!
Are turkey burgers healthy?
Yes, turkey burgers are certainly healthy! First, they have 22 grams of lean protein. Second, they are made with only 5 ingredients; there are no eggs and no bread crumbs in this recipe. Third, this healthy turkey burger recipe is keto (meaning it is low carb), gluten free, and paleo.
Ingredients in air fryer turkey burgers
This turkey burger recipe calls for five simple and healthy ingredients. Each burger patty is loaded with flavor, packed with fresh herbs, and only uses good-for-you ingredients. Here is a list of what you will need:
- Ground Turkey: I highly recommend 93% lean ground turkey to make these burgers extra moist and juicy. If you use 99% lean, the burgers with be rather dry.
- Dijon Mustard: I promise you can’t taste it, the dijon mustard helps make these burgers extra moist and binds them together.
- Garlic: 2 mined garlic cloves give these burgers extra flavor.
- Onion Powder: Plus, the onion powder to make sure these keto turkey burgers burst with flavor.
- Fresh Parsley: Finally, 3 Tablespoons of freshly chopped up parsley adds the best fresh flavor. I love cooking with herbs.
- Salt & Pepper: To taste of course!
Kichen tools needed
These juicy turkey burgers are so easy to make. They come together in under 15 minutes with these few kitchen tools:
How to make air fried turkey burgers
Everyone is going to love this easy, 15 minute dinner recipe. Just preheat your air fryer, and let’s get cooking! Any level cook can make this simple recipe:
Step One: Preheat your air fryer to 360°F and lightly grease with non-stick spray.
Step Two: In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the ground turkey, dijon mustard, minced garlic, fresh parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Do not over-mix!
Step Three: Divide mixture and make 4 burger patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
Step Four: Gently place each burger into the preheated air fryer basket, making sure they are evenly spaced out. Do not let the turkey burgers overlap. If your air fryer is small, do two batches.
Step Five: Air fry for a total of 10 – 12 minutes, flipping the burgers halfway through. The internal temperature of each burger should be 165°F. Over-cooked turkey burgers will be dry.
Serve your juicy air fried turkey burgers on toasted buns, topped with lettuce, tomato, and red onion. Enjoy!
I love these keto turkey burgers as is, but if you want to customize them to your preferences, be my guest! Here is a list of my recommended ingredient substitutions to help you out.
- Garlic: You can subsitute the freshly minced garlic cloves with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Fresh Parsley: Feel free to use cilantro.
- Dijon Mustard: Any type of mustard will work here! You can also use ketchup, BBQ sauce, or mayo if needed.
These air fried turkey burgers go well with so many things! Seriously, turkey burgers go well with just about any salad and roasted vegetable side! I love serving mine with a side of sweet potato fries, corn salad, or even grilled peach salad.
Fequently Asked Questions
Are turkey burgers keto?
Yes! These turkey burgers are keto since they are low carb and have no bread crumbs. Serve with a lettuce bun or your favorite keto bread!
Are turkey burgers gluten free?
Yes, since there are no bread crumbs, these turkey burgers are gluten free. Just make sure to buy gluten free buns when you serve them!
Can I double the recipe?
You can easily double this recipe for meal prep. However, do not try to fit all 8 burgers into the air fryer. Make two batches because it is very important that the burgers do not overlap in the basket. They simply will not cook properly.
Can I freeze cooked burgers?
Absolutely! Just let the cook air fried burgers come to room temperature then place them in a freezer safe bag. You can freeze them for up to 3 months. To reheat, just pop them back in the air fryer on defrost mode or in the microwave for 60 to 90 seconds (or until warm).
How to store and reheat leftovers
Storing leftover turkey burgers is super easy. I love meal prepping this recipe because these burgers keep all week long.
Storing: Place room temp cooked burgers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days.
Reheating: Reheat in the microwave for 30 – 60 seconds until warm or in the air fryer at 250°F for 5 – 7 minutes (or until warm).
Check out more healthy burger recipes!
Need some more healthier dinner recipes? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie burger recipes to try out….
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F and lightly grease with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the ground turkey, dijon mustard, minced garlic, fresh parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Do not over-mix!
- Divide mixture and make 4 burger patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Gently place each burger into the preheated air fryer basket, making sure they are evenly spaced out. Do not let the turkey burgers overlap. If your air fryer is small, do two batches.
- Air fry for a total of 10 - 12 minutes, flipping the burgers halfway through. The internal temperature of each burger should be 165F. Over-cooked turkey burgers will be dry.
- Serve the burgers on toasted buns, topped with lettuce, tomato, and red onion.
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff / Healthful Blondie + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!