Super juicy air fryer turkey burgers that are easy to make, flavorful, and made with 5 healthy ingredients. The best 15 minutes weeknight dinner! They’re gluten-free, egg-free, and keto.
The best air fryer turkey burger recipe
Is anyone else obsessed with their air fryer?! Because I sure am. I’ve been making so many air-fried recipes recently. My favorites are my sweet potato steak fries, buffalo chicken breasts, and super crispy tofu. But these healthy turkey burgers are now in first place!
Air fried turkey burgers are my go-to dinner! They only take 15 minutes to make and are so incredibly juicy it is wild. Forget about waiting for your grill to heat up or praying your burgers won’t burn on the stovetop!
This burger recipe is sure to be a family favorite. Make them on date night, meal prep them, or impress your friends with your cooking skills. This recipe will not disappoint!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- The juiciest turkey burgers.
- Cooking in an air fryer in under 15 minutes.
- Only 5 ingredients are needed.
- Super flavorful.
- Healthy dinner and meal prep.
- Gluten-free and keto.
- No breadcrumbs and no eggs are needed.
- Over 22 grams of protein per turkey burger.
- Try this air fryer bbq chicken next!
Ingredients needed for air fryer turkey burgers
This air fryer turkey burger recipe calls for five simple and healthy ingredients. Each burger patty is loaded with flavor, packed with fresh herbs, and only uses good-for-you ingredients. Here is a list of what you will need:
- Ground Turkey: I highly recommend 93% lean ground turkey to make these burgers extra moist and juicy. If you use 99% lean, the burgers with be rather dry.
- Dijon Mustard: I promise you can’t taste it, the dijon mustard helps make these burgers extra moist and binds them together.
- Garlic: 2 minced garlic cloves give these burgers extra flavor.
- Onion Powder: Plus, the onion powder to make sure these keto turkey burgers burst with flavor.
- Fresh Parsley: Freshly chopped up parsley adds the best fresh flavor. I love cooking with herbs.
- Salt & Pepper: To taste, of course!
Kitchen tools needed
These juicy air-fried turkey burgers are so easy to make. They come together in under 15 minutes with these few kitchen tools:
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1 Tablespoon.
How to make air fryer turkey burgers
Everyone is going to love this easy, 15-minute dinner recipe. Just preheat your air fryer, and let’s get cooking! Here are detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference so any level cook can make them. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are at the bottom of this page in the recipe card.
First, preheat your air fryer to 360°F and lightly grease it with non-stick spray.
In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the ground turkey, dijon mustard, minced garlic, fresh parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Do not over-mix!
Now, divide the mixture and make 4 burger patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
Then, gently place each burger into the preheated air fryer basket, making sure they are evenly spaced out. Do not let the turkey burgers overlap. If your air fryer is small, do two batches.
Finally, air fry for a total of 10 – 12 minutes, flipping the burgers halfway through. The internal temperature of each burger should be 165°F. Over-cooked turkey burgers will be dry.
Serve your juicy air-fried turkey burgers on toasted buns, topped with lettuce, tomato, and red onion. Enjoy!
I love these keto turkey burgers as is, but if you want to customize them to your preferences, be my guest! Here is a list of my recommended ingredient substitutions to help you out.
- Garlic: You can substitute the freshly minced garlic cloves with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Fresh Parsley: Feel free to use cilantro or 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- Dijon Mustard: Any type of mustard will work here! You can also use ketchup, BBQ sauce, or mayo if needed.
These air-fried turkey burgers go well with so many things! Seriously, turkey burgers go well with just about any salad and roasted vegetable side! I love serving mine with a side of sweet potato fries, corn salad, grilled peach salad, or this watermelon salad.
Why these turkey burgers are healthy:
Turkey burgers are certainly healthy! First, they have 22 grams of lean protein. Second, they are made with only 5 ingredients; this recipe has no eggs or bread crumbs. Third, this healthy turkey burger recipe is keto (meaning it is low carb), gluten-free, and paleo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use 99% lean ground turkey?
I do not recommend using 99% lean ground turkey for this burger recipe. Since there are no bread crumbs or eggs, 99% lean turkey can result in a drier burger.
Are these turkey burgers keto?
Yes! These turkey burgers are keto since they are low-carb and have no bread crumbs. Serve with a lettuce bun or your favorite keto bread!
Are they gluten-free?
Since there are no bread crumbs, these air fryer turkey burgers are gluten-free. Just make sure to buy gluten-free buns when you serve them!
Can I double the recipe?
You can easily double this recipe for meal prep. However, do not try to fit all eight burgers into the air fryer. Make two batches because it is very important that the burgers do not overlap in the basket. They will not cook properly.
What’s the best temperature to air fry turkey burgers?
For best results, air fry turkey burgers at 360°F. If the temperature is too high, they will dry out.
How long do I air fry turkey burgers at 360°F?
Air fryer turkey burgers take about 10 to 12 minutes to air fry at 400°F.
Can I freeze cooked burgers?
Absolutely! Just let the cook air-fried burgers come to room temperature, then place them in a freezer-safe bag. You can freeze them for up to 3 months. To reheat, just pop them back in the air fryer on defrost mode or in the microwave for 60 to 90 seconds (or until warm).
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Storing: Place room temp cooked burgers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days.
Reheating: Reheat in the microwave for 30 – 60 seconds until warm or in the air fryer at 250°F for 5 – 7 minutes (or until warm).
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Grilled Turkey Burgers (keto)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers
- Pineapple Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
- Healthy Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Burgers
- No-Bean Veggie Burger
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F and lightly grease with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the ground turkey, dijon mustard, minced garlic, fresh parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Do not over-mix!
- Divide mixture and make 4 burger patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Gently place each burger into the preheated air fryer basket, making sure they are evenly spaced out. Do not let the turkey burgers overlap. If your air fryer is small, do two batches.
- Air fry for a total of 10 – 12 minutes, flipping the burgers halfway through. The internal temperature of each burger should be 165F. Over-cooked turkey burgers will be dry.
- Serve the burgers on toasted buns, topped with lettuce, tomato, and red onion.
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff / Healthful Blondie + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply