This is the easiest 4 ingredient guacamole recipe – it’s packed with flavor, tangy, fresh, and so easy to make! The perfect healthy, keto appetizer with some chips or veggie sticks.
Best 4–ingredient guacamole recipe
If you are one of my long-time readers, you know I love easy and healthy recipes! And this is seriously the easiest and best guacamole recipe ever – no joke! This is my friends and family’s favorite guacamole recipe since it’s tangy, fresh, and packed with flavor.
I have to admit, this guacamole is better than other recipes because it’s made with only 4 simple ingredients. It is so easy to throw together, and this guacamole only takes 5 minutes.
This recipe is perfect if you are in a rush to serve guests. Homemade guacamole is very easy to make, and it is ten times better than any store-bought version. It’s fresh, tangy, and super flavorful. Plus, there are no tomatoes; this recipe is healthy, gluten-free, and vegan.
I love making homemade guacamole for BBQs, family dinners, or game nights with friends since it is perfect for parties, football season, and serving guests!
Why you’ll love this easy recipe
- This guacamole recipe only calls for 4 simple ingredients.
- It’s quick and easy to make in under 5 minutes.
- Guacamole is great for meal prep.
- There are no tomatoes.
- This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and keto.
- Low-carb and healthy.
- Serve guacamole with chips or on these cilantro lime chicken burgers.
- Perfect for parties, football season, and serving guests.
- Try this low-fat tzatziki next!
This authentic homemade guacamole is so easy to make with four simple ingredients. Here is a list of ingredients so you have everything prepared. Remember to scroll to the bottom to get the exact measurements and instructions.
- Avocados: First up, grab ripe avocados. We’ll mash them up in a bowl.
- White Onion: This adds a little sharpness and texture.
- Cilantro: Freshly chopped cilantro adds the best, most authentic flavor to this four-ingredient guacamole recipe.
- Limes: We use both the juice and the zest for the best flavor! Since there are only 4 ingredients in this guacamole, we need both to add that authentic tangy taste.
Kitchen tools required
You need a few kitchen utensils to make this healthy guacamole recipe, and I bet you have all of them already!
- Knife and Fork
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, and 1/4 cup.
How to make 4-ingredient guacamole
This homemade 4-ingredient guacamole recipe is easy to make and comes together in 5 minutes. You’ll add the avocados to a mixing bowl and mash them up. Then, you will mix in the rest of the ingredients and serve it. Here are easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions for any level cook:
First, cut the avocados, remove the pit, and scoop them into a mixing bowl. After that, use a fork to mash the avocado. I like mine a little chunky, but make it as smooth as you want.
Then, add the diced onion, chopped cilantro, ½ a teaspoon of lime zest, juice from 1 lime, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the mashed avocados. After that, taste it and adjust the salt, pepper, or lime juice if desired.
Serve the guacamole with your favorite tortilla chips, and enjoy!
Expert recipe tips:
- Use ripe avocados. It is nearly impossible to mash hard, unripe avocados.
- Don’t forget the lime zest. This adds so much flavor and is necessary for this guacamole recipe.
- Don’t over-mash the avocados. I like to leave fresh chunks, so the guacamole is not a mushy dip.
- Store extras. You can make this recipe ahead of time and store extra for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Add tomatoes. Feel free to mix in diced tomatoes in the last step.
- Add garlic. It’s unnecessary, but you can add freshly minced garlic to this guacamole to every flavor.
What to eat with guacamole
You can eat guacamole with anything since it makes for the perfect dip, condiment, and side! Here are a few of my favorite ways and things to enjoy this 4 ingredient guacamole:
How long is guacamole good for?
You can store guacamole in an airtight container in the fridge for three to four days. Since we are adding lime juice to this guacamole recipe, it lasts longer than a typical avocado would.
Is guacamole keto-friendly?
Yes, guacamole is absolutely keto-friendly! It’s low carb and high in good fats from the avocados. You can use vegetable sticks to dip, use it as a salad or burger condiment, or enjoy with your favorite keto chips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this recipe healthy?
Yes, this four ingredient guacamole recipe is healthy. It calls for four simple, fresh ingredients and has no preservatives. Also, avocados contain healthy fats and vitamins C, E, K, and B6!
Is guacamole gluten-free?
Yes, guacamole is gluten free and grain free. Just make sure you use gluten-free chips if you are strictly gluten-free.
What can you eat with guacamole instead of chips?
If you don’t like tortilla chips, you can easily enjoy guacamole with crudité (carrot sticks, cucumber slices, bell pepper sticks), quesadillas, grilled chicken, or jicama sticks.
Does guacamole go bad?
Guacamole goes bad after about 3 – 4 days in the fridge. You can tell the guacamole has turned bad once a layer of brown liquid is on the top, and the guacamole becomes gray.
Can you eat brown guacamole?
Eating “brown” guacamole is completely safe as long the guacamole is not more than 3 – 4 days old and does not have a foul smell. The brown color comes from the avocado enzymes interacting with oxygen (the air).
How long is guacamole good for in the fridge?
Guacamole can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Can you freeze guacamole dip?
You can freeze guacamole dip for up to 3 months without losing its texture or taste. Simply add your guacamole to a freezer-safe bag or airtight container and freeze. To defrost, leave at room temperature for 20 – 30 minutes or put it in the fridge for a few hours.
What’s the best way to store leftover guacamole?
For best results, add your four ingredient guacamole into an airtight container and place it in the fridge for 3 – 4 days.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Habanero Mango Salsa
- Low-Fat Tzatziki
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Mojito Lime Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers
- Mexican Turkey Kale Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 limes, some zest & juice (read instructions)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Carefully slice the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop them into a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado. I like mine a little chunky, but make it as smooth as you want!
- Add the onion, cilantro, ½ teaspoon of lime zest, juice from 1 lime, salt, and pepper. Mix and taste – adjust salt, pepper, or lime juice if needed.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!
I only recommend products I love and use myself. In full disclosure, I may receive a small compensation for purchasing a product I recommend. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!