Say hello to the easiest 4 ingredient guacamole recipe – it’s packed with flavor, tangy, fresh, and so easy to make! Perfect as a healthy appetizer with some chips.
Best four ingredient guacamole recipe
This is seriously the best guacamole recipe ever – I am not trying to exaggerate! I have had my fair share of guac, and this one is my favorite. There is something about the tanginess of the lime zest and the freshness of the cilantro that hits different.
Anyways, this guacamole is better than other recipes because it’s made with only 4 simple ingredients, it’s so easy to throw together, and it takes 5 minutes. It’s fresh, tangy, and super flavorful. So if you are in a rush to serve guests and want to impress them, this recipe is for you!
This simple 4 ingredient guacamole recipe is perfect for parties, football season, and serving guests! I love making it for bbqs, family dinners, or kickback hang with friends. It’s just delicious.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- This guacamole recipe only calls for 4 simple ingredients.
- It’s quick and easy to make in under 5 minutes.
- Guacamole is great for meal prep.
- This recipe is gluten free, vegan, and keto.
- Serve guacamole with chips or on these cilantro lime chicken burgers.
- Perfect for parties, football season, and serving guests.
This homemade, authentic guacamole is so easy to make with 4 simple ingredients. You probably have everything in your pantry already! Here is a list of ingredients so you have everything prepared, make sure to scroll to the bottom to get the exact measurements and instructions!
- Avocados: First up, grab ripe avocados. We’ll mash them up in a bowl.
- White Onion: For a little sharpness and texture, add in the finely chopped white onion.
- Cilantro: Freshly chopped cilantro adds the best, most authentic flavor to this four ingredient guacamole recipe.
- Limes: We use both the juice and the zest for the best flavor! Since there are only 4 ingredients in this guacamole, we need both to add that authentic tangy taste.
Kitchen tools required
You’ll need a few kitchen utensils to make this guacamole recipe – don’t worry, I bet you have all of them already!
- Knife and Fork
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, and 1/4 cup.
How to make 4 ingredient guacamole
This 4 ingredient guacamole recipe comes together in 5 minutes – just add the avocados to a mixing bowl, mash it up, and mix in the rest of the ingredients. This guac recipe is fresh, tangy, and flavorful. Here are step-by-step instructions for any level cook:
To start, carefully slice the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop them into a mixing bowl. Then, using a fork, mash the avocado. I like mine a little chunky, but make it as smooth as you want.
After that, add the onion, cilantro, ½ teaspoon of lime zest, juice from 1 lime, salt, and pepper. Mix and taste – adjust salt, pepper, or lime juice if needed.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, and enjoy!
What to eat with guacamole
You can eat guacamole is just about anything – it makes for the perfect dip, condiment, and side! Here are a few of my favorite ways and things to enjoy this 4 ingredient guacamole with:
- Tortilla chips
- Carrot and cucumber sticks
- Fresh bell pepper sticks
- Pita chips
- Condiment for burgers – my favorite are these cilantro lime chicken burgers
How long is guacamole good for?
You can store guacamole in an airtight container in the fridge for three to four days. Since we are adding lime juice to this guacamole recipe, it lasts longer than a typical avocado would.
Is guacamole keto friendly?
Yes, guacamole is absolutely keto friendly! It’s low carb and high in good fats from the avocados. You can use vegetable sticks to dip, use it as a salad or burger condiment, or enjoy with your favorite keto chips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this recipe healthy?
Yes, this 4 ingredient guacamole recipe is certainly healthy. It calls for four simple, fresh ingredients and has no preservatives. Plus, avocados are full of healthy fats and vitamins C, E, K, and B6!
Is guacamole gluten free?
Yes, guacamole is gluten-free and grain free. Just make sure you use gluten-free chips if you are strictly gluten free.
Does guacamole go bad?
Yes, guacamole goes bad after about 3 – 4 days in the fridge. You can tell it has turned bad once there is a layer of brown liquid on the top and the guacamole becomes a gray color.
Can you eat brown guacamole?
That being said, you can eat “brown” guacamole if it has been stored correctly in the fridge and does not have that brown liquid I mentioned above. The brown color comes from the avocado enzymes interacting with oxygen (the air). It is completely safe to eat as long the guacamole is not more than 3 – 4 days old and does not have a foul smell.
Can you freeze guacamole?
Yes, you can freeze guacamole for up to 3 months without losing its texture or taste. Just add your guac to a freezer-safe bag or airtight container and freeze. To defrost, leave at room temperature for 20 – 30 minutes or put it in the fridge for a few hours.
For best results, add your 4 ingredient guacamole into an airtight container and place it in the fridge for 3 – 4 days.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Habanero Mango Salsa
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Mojito Lime Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers
- Mexican Turkey Kale Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 limes, some zest & juice (read instructions)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Carefully slice the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop them into a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado. I like mine a little chunky, but make it as smooth as you want!
- Add the onion, cilantro, ½ teaspoon of lime zest, juice from 1 lime, salt, and pepper. Mix and taste – adjust salt, pepper, or lime juice if needed.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply