Healthy nutty granola that is salty, sweet, and perfectly crunchy. Made with simple and clean ingredients, this nutritious homemade granola is the ideal breakfast, addition to yogurt bowls, and snack. Made gluten-free and dairy-free!
The Best Ever Healthy Nutty Granola
I am obsessed with all types of granola – nutty, chunky, chocolaty, cinnamon, you name it! Without even trying, I think I could down an entire bag in a day. But, let’s be honest, store bought granola is expensive. One small bag costs nearly $8! That’s why I am so excited to share my first, and favorite, granola recipe with you guys! You’ll be able to make double the quantity for half the price.
One of the best things about this simple homemade granola is the fact that you can make a huge batch over the weekend and enjoy it all week. It is the perfect healthy meal-prep recipe for people rushed in the mornings! Plus, this healthy granola is super customizable; use any type of nuts and easily double the recipe. Your kids and family will love it!
Anyways, you can probably tell by now that granola is definitely my favorite snack and go-to breakfast. It just adds the perfect sweet and salt crunch to anything! I love adding a handful on top of my yogurt bowls in the morning or simply enjoying it with some almond milk.
Safe to say, this homemade nutty granola is going to be your go to healthy granola recipe! It is truly the perfect crumbly, nutty, and crunchy granola.
How I Made This Granola Healthier:
This sweet and salty homemade nutty granola is clean, nutritious, and incredibly tasty! To make this homemade granola, you only need a few very simple ingredients, all of which are healthier alternatives to what you’ll find in store-bought brands. There are no preservatives or random ingredients in this recipe! Here are three ways that I made this vegan granola recipe more nutritious and health-friendly without taking away from the taste!
- Used coconut oil to keep the granola moist and crisp! Refined coconut oil has no taste, so don’t worry if you don’t like the flavor of coconut (like me!). But. in all honest, you can use any oil you’d like!
- Maple syrup instead of sugar. Pure maple syrup has got to be my favorite natural sweetener! It is the perfect sweet touch to this salty, nutty granola. It also helps crisp granola up!
- Using old-fashion rolled oats to boost fiber and healthy fats! Rolled oats work better than steel cut or quick oats for granola!
Ingredients in Dairy-Free Granola
You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For this easy gluten-free snack recipe, you’ll need pecans, maple syrup, and of course, rolled oats!
- Old Fashion Rolled Oats – gluten-free or regular
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup – the key to this granola’s natural sweetness!
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil
Easy Ingredient Substitutions for Healthy Nutty Granola
You guys probably know by now that I love simple and easy recipes! If you don’t love every ingredient in this one, I am here to help you out with a list of the very best substitutions!
Are you Gluten-Free? Make sure you use gluten-free rolled oats!
Maple Syrup: Simply use honey instead!
Pecans or Walnuts: Use any type of nuts you want! Peanuts and almond will also taste great!
Looking for other tasty breakfast recipes? Check these out!
What You’ll Need to Make Gluten-Free Healthy Nutty Granola
For this easy gluten-free breakfast recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! You’ll need a mixing bowl to make the granola and an oven to bake it.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Stirring Utensil
- Measuring cups: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to Make the Best Ever Healthy Nutty Granola
My favorite thing about this simple and easy granola recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy they are to make! This recipe is the absolute perfect addition to any meal; plus, this nutty granola is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free!
First, preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, nuts, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
Now, its time to add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and/or honey and vanilla extract. Mix very well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated.
Next, pour the granola onto your lined baking sheet and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
Bake until lightly golden, about 18 to 22 minutes, stirring halfway through. Make sure you do not burn your granola, it will further crisp up as it cools outside the oven!
Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes) and enjoy!
Store your homemade healthy nutty granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Store Extra Nutty Granola
Make extra? No worries, save extras in a sealed airtight container at room temp. You can save any extras for up to 2 weeks!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Healthy Nutty Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour in maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated.
- Once fully combined, press onto lined parchment paper – spread into flat layer.
- Baked for 18-22 minutes, stirring halfway. Granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Let COMPLETELY for at least 45 minutes before breaking apart.
- Store in airtight container on the counter for 1 - 2 weeks.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!