Vegan Baked Oatmeal (10 Ways!)
Moist vegan baked oatmeal naturally sweetened with a dash of maple syrup and made with simple and healthy ingredients like rolled oats, bananas, and fresh fruit. This vegan baked oats recipe is the best breakfast with 10 different variations. Made gluten free, egg free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
The best healthy baked oatmeal recipe
Baked oatmeal is the best. I am simply obsessed on every level! It is easy to make, super moist, always tasty, healthy, and nourishing.
Most baked oatmeal recipes call for eggs, which makes this baked oats recipe so special…. it is 100% VEGAN and PLANT-BASED! That means there are no eggs, no animal products, and no dairy in this healthy oatmeal recipe.
I cannot recommend this oatmeal bake recipe enough. First, it tastes like you are eating cake for breakfast, but is naturally sweetened with bananas and a dash of maple syrup. Second, it only uses healthy and real ingredients that can be found in any grocery store. Third, any level cook can make this recipe.
This recipe is such a treat in the morning. It is moist on the inside with a bit of crunch on the outside. Meal prep this fresh fruit vegan baked oatmeal early in the week and enjoy the best breakfast every morning!
Why you’ll love this vegan oatmeal bake:
- Simple ingredients. This vegan baked oatmeal dish only uses minimal ingredients that are all good for you. You know exactly what goes into this recipe and no refined ingredients are used.
- Perfect meal prep. I loved that I can make a batch of this baked oatmeal and cut off a piece throughout the week. It makes breakfast hassle free each morning!
- No added refined sugar. These baked oats are naturally sweetened with banana and maple syrup.
- Healthy. You get a great source of fiber and protein from this dish. With only simple gluten-free and vegan ingredients it is 100% healthy!
- Easy to make. With only a few simple ingredients and one bowl, this vegan oatmeal bake recipe is delicious and super moist.
- Perfect for kids. Kids will absolutely love this egg free baked oats recipe; it is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack.
Ingredients vegan baked oats
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it requires minimal ingredients that are good for you. this vegan oatmeal bake will leave you full and fueled for the day. Here is what you will need to make the best vegan oatmeal.
- Bananas: First up, add 2 mashed large and spotty bananas into a bowl. Bananas are naturally sweet and help replace the eggs since this is a vegan recipe.
- Almond Milk: Add in 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk. You can use unsweetened vanilla or unflavored; both are great! Or any other type of milk.
- Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup pure maple syrup gives this plant based baked oats recipe the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Coconut oil: Adding 2 Tablespoons of melted coconut oil will keep these oats soft and very moist.
- Vanilla: A dash of vanilla goes a long way flavor-wise. Add in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Rolled Oats: Add 2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats or gluten-free rolled oats are the base of this oatmeal bake.
- Ground Flaxseed: Add in 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseeds to bind everything together. This is an egg free baked oats recipe.
- Baking Powder: To help these baked oats rise, add in 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Cinnamon: 1.5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon add the best taste in combination with the banana. It is like banana bread!
- Salt: A dash of salt goes a long way. Add in 1/2 teaspoon.
- Nuts: I like to add in 1/2 cup walnuts, pecans, or slivered almonds. Pick your favorite nut option!
- Mix-Ins: Add in 1 + 1/4 cup of your favorite mix-ins like blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries, or chocolate chips.
Kitchen tools used
I am all about simple recipes that use simple tools in your kitchen. Here is all you will need to make the best fresh fruit vegan baked oats: one large mixing bowl to combine everything, a spatula to mix, a 9-inch square casserole dish to bake the oats in, and measuring tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make vegan baked oatmeal
Vegan baked oatmeal is incredibly easy to make and is the best for meal prep breakfast. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients together in one bowl, top with some fresh fruit, and bake in the oven. Here are step by step instructions on how to make your new favorite oatmeal bake breakfast recipe:
First, preheat your oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9-inch square dish with cooking oil or avocado oil spray.
Then, in a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, almond milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together the wet ingredients to fully combine.
In another bowl, mix together the rolled oats, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nuts.
Next, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and hand fold in your mix-in of choice (blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, raspberries, blackberries) and nut of choice (almonds, walnuts, pecans, peanuts).
Finally, pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until the top is golden and the center is done.
Enjoy with peanut butter, almond butter, greek yogurt, or maple syrup, and top with fresh berries!
Vegan baked oatmeal variations:
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal: Add 1 and 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries to the oatmeal mixture for the best healthy baked oatmeal.
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal: Add 1 cup of freshly sliced strawberries. Fresh fruit baked oatmeal is the best.
Blackberry Baked Oatmeal: Add 1 and 1/4 cup of fresh blackberries to the oatmeal mixture for the best vegan blackberry oatmeal bake.
Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal: If you are like me and love peanut butter, try adding 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts to your oatmeal mixture before baking. Vegan peanut butter baked oats are the best!
Mix Berry Baked Oatmeal: For all the fresh fruit lovers try combining 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of raspberries for a vegan mixed berry baked oatmeal.
Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal: Use 1/2 cup of walnuts and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to make vegan chunky monkey baked oatmeal.
Almond Butter Baked Oatmeal: Alternatively, If you prefer almond butter over peanut butter, add 2 Tablespoons of almond butter to the mix before baking.
Banana Baked Oatmeal: If you want your oatmeal to taste like banana bread, add in 1 cup of sliced bananas to your mixture before baking. You can even layer banana slices on top too!
What should I serve with baked oatmeal?
There are so many great options for what you can eat your baked oatmeal with. I love eating baked oatmeal with a spoonful of greek yogurt, maple syrup, or peanut butter. In addition, topping your vegan baked oats with some fresh fruit and banana slices is a must! Such a delicious and healthy way to start your day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these baked oats egg free?
Yes! This baked oatmeal recipe is completely egg free and vegan. Instead, we are using flaxseed to make a flax egg which will help hold this healthy baked oatmeal together.
Is oatmeal vegan?
Yes! Many people wonder “is oatmeal vegan?” The answer is yes; oatmeal is completely vegan if prepared egg free. We are not using any dairy products or eggs in this recipe making it entirely plant based.
Are baked oats healthy?
Yes! This baked oats recipe is completely healthy. We only use simple and real ingredients that are good for you. Plus, oats are high in fiber and protein giving you the best healthy start to your day. You will be full for hours!
Can I freeze baked oatmeal?
Yes! Freezing baked oatmeal is a great option if you like to meal prep. Simply let the baked oatmeal cool, cut them into squares, and then place each square in a freezer safe and air-tight bag. Freeze up to 3 months!
How to store and reheat leftovers
Storing leftovers is so easy! I love making this recipe early in the week and storing it for breakfast or as a snack. One of the best things about this recipe is that you can eat it a room temperature or warmed.
To Store: Place baked oatmeal squares in an airtight container and store at room temperate for 1 – 2 days or place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To Reheat: When ready to enjoy, either placed in the microwave for 20 – 45 seconds to heat or in the oven at 350°F for 5 – 10 minutes.
If you loved this healthy baked oatmeal recipe, here are other breakfast recipes to check out….
Need some more healthier, easy, and simple breakfast recipes? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie recipes to try out….
- Protein Chocolate Chip Baked Oats (Single Serve)
- High Protein Cinnamon Banana Chia Oatmeal
- Double Chocolate Baked Oats
- Protein Oatmeal Blender Pancakes
- Blender Baked Oatmeal Muffins (3 Ways!)
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Moist vegan baked oatmeal naturally sweetened with a dash of maple syrup and made with simple and healthy ingredients like rolled oats, bananas, and fresh fruit. This vegan baked oats recipe is the best breakfast with 10 different variations. Made gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free.
Vegan Baked Oatmeal Base:
- 2 large spotty bananas, mashed (267g)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (200 g)
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix-Ins (10 ways):
- 1/2 cup nuts: walnuts, pecans, almonds, or roasted peanuts
- 1 + 1/4 cup of mix-ins: blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, banana slices, or chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9-inch square dish with cooking or avocado oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, almond milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together to fully combine.
- In another bowl, mix the rolled oats, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nuts.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and hand fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and sprinkle some extra blueberries and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until the top is golden and the center is done.
- Enjoy with peanut butter, almond butter, or yogurt, and top with fresh berries!
MILK: Use any milk. Can substitute with oat milk, cashew milk, or regular milk (if you are not vegan).
NUT FREE: Leave out the nuts.
TO STORE: In an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or at room temperature for 1 – 2 days.
TO FREEZE: Place baked oatmeal squares in an airtight freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat by thawing at room temperature, placing in the fridge overnight, or placing in the oven at 350F for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
Keywords: Vegan Baked Oatmeal, Vegan Baked Oats, Plant Based Baked Oatmeal, Oatmeal Bake, Vegan Oatmeal Bake, Baked Oats, Baked Oatmeal, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!