29 Apr Double Chocolate Baked Oats
Healthy double chocolate baked oats that are single serve, high protein, and made in a blender (as seen on TikTok). This easy breakfast is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and banana and is made with good for you ingredients like rolled oats, egg, and almond milk. These 20 minute chocolate blender baked oats are rich, soft, taste like cake, and are super filling!
An easy healthy breakfast recipe
As you can probably tell by now, I am obsessed with baked oats! Seriously, if you have 20 minutes in the morning before work or school, you have got to try these! This double chocolate baked oatmeal tastes like a fluffy, rich, and soft cake but is absolutely packed with nutrients, vitamins, good carbs, and protein to kick-start your day. I top mine with some peanut butter (a healthy fat) to give me energy and keep me more full!
Seriously, this single-serve baked oats recipe is not your average oatmeal. They are so light, soft, warm, and so easy to make. Just pop all the ingredients in a blender, pour the batter into a single serve ramekin, and bake in the oven. Baked oats are the best healthy breakfast!
I am not kidding you when I say my roomates and I have been making them every single morning for a month now. I promise you after you try baked oats you will never be able to stop eating them for breakfast, snack, and dessert.
Are chocoalte baked oats healthy?
Chocolate baked oats are incredibly healthy! They are such a balanced and filling breakfast. You get a hearty dose of fiber and whole grains from the rolled oats, protein from the egg, calcium and vitamin E from the almond milk, potassium from the banana, and antioxidants from the chocoalte. And you only need a few very simple ingredients and there are no preservatives, no refined sugars, and random ingredients!
Ingredients in single serve baked oats
You’ll only need a handful of very simple ingredients to make these chocolate blender baked oats! You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now. Here is a quick list of all the ingredients you need to make this single-serve chocolate chip baked oats recipe:
- Rolled oats: you’ll be needing 1/2 cup of roll oats or quick oats. If you are gluten free, make sure to use gluten-free certified oats.
- Egg: one egg is what makes these baked oats high in protein.
- Banana: this recipe calls for 1/2 a ripe banana. Try to use a very spotty banana because it will make these baked oats taste better and naturally sweeter.
- Almond milk: just 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk is needed for this recipe! But you can use any milk you want – try cashew milk, regular milk, or oat milk!
- Maple syrup: add 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup or honey to sweeten – making this baked oatmeal refined sugar free!
- Vanilla extract: a splash of vanilla extract is super important and goes a long way flavor-wise.
- Baking powder: 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder is plenty for this baked oats recipe.
- Chocolate chips: I used Enjoy Life Dark Chocoalte Chips because they are lower in sugar, gluten free, and dairy free.
Kitchen tools used in baked oatmeal recipe
Baked oats are made using 2 kitchen tools: a blender and an oven. You are going to love how easy clean up is going to be! Here’s a quick list of what you’ll need for this healthy breakfast recipe:
- High speed blender or food processor
- Ramekin (5.5 or 6 oz): alternatively you can use any single-serve oven-safe dish!
- Measuring cups: 1/4 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1/4 cup, and 1/2 cup.
How to make double chocolate baked oats
Double chocolate baked oats are incredibly easy to make! All you need to do is add all the ingredients to a high speed blender, blend until smooth, and then bake until fluffy! Here, I’ll walk you through the steps of how to make this healthy breakfast recipe.
To start, preheat your oven to 350°F.
Then, blend all ingredients except for the chocolate chips until fully combined. Pour the batter into a greased single-serve baking dish or ramekin and top with chocolate chips.
Bake for 18 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, top with a drizzle of peanut butter or chocolate, a dash of maple syrup, or a splash of milk.
Enjoy your delicious fluffy baked oats!
Tips for making the best baked oats
These double chocolate chip baked oats are light and fluffy. Here are my tips and trick to make the very best cakey blender baked oats:
- Baking powder and baking soda are not the same things. Make sure to use packing powder when making these baked oats!
- Use a high-speed blender to blend the ingredients. To get the fluffy cake-like texture of baked oats you need to blend all the ingredient together until smooth.
- Lightly grease the ramekin. I reccomened using cooking spray so the baked oats don’t stick to the side.
- Easily double or triple this recipe. You can just divide the batter into multiple single serve ramekins or use a cake pan.
- Do not use steal cut oats. To make the fluffiest baked oats make sure to use rolled oats or quick oats.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Looking for other healthy breakfast recipes? Check these out!
Need some more healthier breakfast recipes? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie morning eats you need to try out….
- Protein Chocolate Chip Baked Oats (Single Serve)
- Fluffy Chunky Monkey Banana Pancakes
- Healthy Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- Healthy Bacon Egg And Cheese Pancake Burrito
Healthy double chocolate baked oats that are single-serve, high protein, and made in a blender. An easy breakfast that is naturally sweetened with maple syrup, ready in 20 minutes, and are rich, soft, taste like cake, and are super filling!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend all ingredients except for the chocolate chips until fully combined.
- Pour batter into a greased single-serve baking dish or ramekin. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, top with a drizzle of peanut butter, a dash of maple syrup, or a splash of milk.
- Category: Breakfast & Snacks
- Method: Oven, Blender
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
Keywords: double chocolate baked oats, TikTok baked oats, chocolate baked oats, baked oats, baked oatmeal, brownie baked oatmeal
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!