The best oat flour chunky monkey banana pancakes that are healthy and packed with natural protein! Made with 8 simple ingredients like rolled oats, banana, chocolate chips, and almond milk, these pancakes make for the perfect healthy and gluten free breakfast.
The best ever oat flour pancakes
I am simply in love with pancakes. They make for the perfect breakfast or brunch, they are filling, and they are always delicious!
These chunky monkey banana pancakes are unlike any other recipe! They are extra fluffy, super soft, and incredibly easy to make. They are naturally sweetened with the banana and honestly MELT IN YOUR MOUTH. Not to mention they are made gluten free and dairy free.
Safe to say, this is going to be your go-to pancake recipe! I cannot wait for you to try 🙂
What makes these pancakes healthy?
These fluffy pancakes are healthy and delicious! You only need eight straightforward ingredients, all of which are healthier alternatives to what you’ll find in store-bought brands. There are NO preservatives, NO added sugars, and NO random ingredients in this recipe! Here are 3 ways I made these pancakes better for you:
- Bananas for natural sweetness. Use extra brown and spotty bananas for extra sweetness; it’s natural sugar!
- Almond milk to make them dairy-free. You can also use any other nut milk or regular milk.
- Oat flour to boost fiber. We turn rolled oats into oat flour, which is unprocessed and healthy.
You only need 8 healthy ingredients to get this easy breakfast recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. Plus, this chunky monkey recipe is made nut-free.
- Banana: First up, grab a super spotty banana. The browner the banana, the sweeter and more flavorful these chunky monkey pancakes are!
- Eggs: The egg makes these pancakes fluffy and binds them together.
- Almond Milk: You can use any milk you want! We love almond milk because it’s dairy-free and has a nutty flavor.
- Rolled Oats: We blend rolled oats into oat flour to make these banana protein pancakes.
- Vanilla Extract: For the best flavor.
- Cinnamon: We love cinnamon for some extra flavor.
- Baking Powder: To help these fluffy pancakes rise.
- Chocolate Chips: Chocoalte makes everything better! Add your favorite chocolate chips to these pancakes for a sweet, but healthy breakfast.
Tips for fluffy oat flour banana pancakes
I love fluffy pancakes, so here are my secret hacks to making the best, fluffiest, and softest pancakes:
- Don’t over mix the batter. Gently combine ingredients with a spatula, add your chocolate chips, and then set to the side while you get your pan heated.
- Add pancake batter to a fully heated pan. Make sure your pan is hot before you add the pancake batter, or else the edges will not get crispy and the pancakes will not be as fluffy.
- Heat pan to MEDIUM. If your pan is too hot or too low then the pancakes will burn and not fluffy up.
- Use butter or coconut oil in the pan. This will give you the crispiest edges…. so damn yummy.
How to make healthy chunky monkey banana pancakes
My favorite thing about this simple and easy homemade pancake recipe (besides the taste, of course) is how easy they are to make!
Step 1: First, whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl. Then, add in the mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
Step 2: Next, you are going to make your oat flour in a blender. In a blender, add the rolled oats and blend until the oats turn into a fine flour, about 20 seconds to 1 minute.
Step 3: Then, add oat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon to the large mixing bowl with wet ingredients. Hand fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
Step 4: Heat skillet to medium with a little butter or coconut oil. Spoon and gently spread batter into the heated pan and create 5 to 6 pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until pancakes puff up. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown on the underside for about 1 – 2 minutes. If you find that pancakes are browning too quickly, then you need to lower the heat.
Stack your chunky monkey banana protein pancakes and serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!
How to make homemade oat flour:
Making homemade oat flour is easy! Add rolled oats to a high-speed blender and blend until it resembles a flour-like consistency. Depending on the power and size of your blender, this will take anywhere between 20 seconds to 1 minute.
Try these pancakes recipes next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Healthy Chunky Monkey Banana Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 spotty medium banana, mashed
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 - 2 tsp vanilla extract, based on your preference
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon, optional
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg.
- Add in mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a blender, add rolled oats. Blend until the oats turn into a fine flour, about 20 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add oat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon to the large mixing bowl with wet ingredients. Hand fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Heat skillet to medium with a little butter or coconut oil. Spoon and gently spread batter into the heated pan and create 5 to 6 pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until pancakes puff up. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown on the underside for about 1 - 2 minutes. If you find that pancakes are browning too quickly, then you need to lower the heat.
- Stack the pancakes and serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!