12 Feb Healthy Fluffy Chunky Monkey Banana Pancakes
Best ever nut-free healthy fluffy chunky monkey banana pancakes! Made with 8 simple and clean ingredients like rolled oats, banana, chocolate chips, and almond milk, these nutritious pancakes make for the perfect breakfast! Plus, they’re made sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free!
The Best Ever chunky monkey pancakes
I do not know how else to say this…. I am obsessed with these chocolate chip banana pancakes!!!
Pancakes are just meant to be golden, soft, and fluffy with the perfect crispy edges. As a kid, I used to pick the buttery crisp edges off my pancakes – they were the best part!
Anyways, these healthy chocolate chip banana pancakes are next level. The fluff factor is not only off the charts, but they are so incredibly easy to make. You will be in and out of the kitchen in 10 minutes, making these gluten-free pancakes perfect for busy families, kids, and athletes.
We love these pancakes because they are so soft, delicious, and gluten-free. They are naturally sweetened with the banana and honestly MELT IN YOUR MOUTH. I highly recommend enjoying with maple syrup!!
Safe to say, this is going to be your go to pancake recipe! I cannot wait for you to try 🙂
How I Made these chunky money pancakes healthier:
These fluffy pancakes are nutritious and incredibly tasty! You only need a few very simple ingredients, all of which are healthier alternatives to what you’ll find in store-bought brands. There are no preservatives, no added sugars, and no random ingredients in this recipe!
Here are 3 ways I made these pancakes better for you:
- I used banana to make these pancakes fluffy, full of potassium, and soft. Plus banana acts as a natural sweetener making these pancakes sugar-free!
- Used almond milk to boost calcium and make these pancakes dairy-free.
- Using old-fashion rolled oats to boost fiber! Rolled oats work best when making homemade oat flour.
Ingredients in Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy breakfast recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. PLus this chunky monkey recipe is made nut-free!
- Spotty Ripe Banana – a ripe banana helps give these pancakes a delicious naturally sweet flavor. It also helps to bind them together!
- Almond Milk – you can use any milk you want! We love almond because of the dairy free aspect and nutty flavor
- Vanilla Extract
- Old Fashion Rolled Oats – we use certified gluten free oats to make these pancakes totally gluten free. I’ll teach you how to make homemade oat flour below!
- Cinnamon (Optional)
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips – I used my favorite brand, Lily’s, which is sugar free and dairy-free!
- Walnuts (optional)
Can you blend oatmeal into oat flour for pancakes?
YES!!! That’s exactly what we do in this recipe. We blend dry rolled oats (oatmeal) in a blender to make your homemade oat flour. We love making our own oat flour because it’s cheap, easy, and fresh!
If you have a gluten allergy, make sure that you are using certified gluten free oats.
Looking for other tasty breakfast recipes? Check these out!
Pro tips to making the fluffiest banana pancakes
I love fluffy pancakes! Here are my secret hacks to making the best, most fluffy, soft pancakes:
- Do not over mix the batter. Gently combine with a spatula until all ingredients are blended, add your chocolate chips, and then set to the sit while you get your pan heated.
- Add pancake batter to a fully heated pan. Make sure your pan is hot before you add the pancake batter, or else the edges will not get crispy and the pancakes will not be as fluffy.
- Heat pan to MEDIUM. If your pan is too hot then the pancakes will burn and not fluffy up.
- Use butter or coconut oil in pan! This will give you the crispiest edges…. so damn yummy.
How to Make Healthy fluffy chunky monkey Banana pancakes
My favorite thing about this simple and easy homemade pancake recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy they are to make!
First, whisk your egg and then add in the mashed banana, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Make sure they are fully combined before adding in your dry ingredients!
Next, you are going to make your oat flour in a blender! First, add rolled oats into a blender and blend on HIGH for 20 seconds to 1 minute. Then, add your homemade oat flour to your wet mixture along with the baking powder and optional cinnamon. After that, simple hand hold in your chocoalte chips.
Now it’s time to cook your fluffy pancakes! Heat a skillet or pan to medium and add a little butter or coconut oil. Then, spoon your batter into the pan and form 5 to 6 pancakes. Make them whatever size or shape you want!
Cook the healthy fluffy pancakes and then enjoy with some maple syrup, extra chocolate chips, walnuts (optional), and a little butter!
How to Store Extra oatmeal pancakes
Make extra? No worries, these pancakes are great for meal prep! Save extra healthy fluffy chunky monkey banana pancakes in a freezer safe bag for 2 months in the freezer.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Best ever nut-free healthy fluffy chunky monkey banana pancakes! Made with 8 simple and clean ingredients, these nutritious pancakes make for the perfect breakfast! Plus they’re made sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free!
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl whisk egg. Add in mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a blender, add rolled oats. Blend until the oats turn into a fine flour, about 20 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add homemade oat flour and baking powder to the large mixing bowl with wet ingredients. (Optional: add cinnamon). Hand fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Heat skillet to medium with butter or coconut oil. Spoon and spread batter into the heated pan and create 5 to 6 pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until pancakes puff up.
- Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on the underside for about 1 – 2 minutes. If you find that pancakes are browning too quickly then you need to lower the heat.
- Stack the pancakes and serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!
Substitute almond milk for any milk.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy chunky monkey banana pancakes, nut-free, chocolate chip pancakes, healthy breakfast, gluten free breakfast, dairy free, refined sugar free, healthy, pancakes, banana pancakes, healthy banana pancakes, fluffy pancakes
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!