06 Mar Healthy Bacon Egg and Cheese Pancake Burrito
Best ever healthy bacon, egg & cheese pancake burrito to kick start your morning! This loaded breakfast burrito recipe is filled with eggs, turkey bacon, avocado and wrapped in a fluffy pancake. You’re going to love this protein-packed breakfast that is ready in less than 10 minutes!
Healthy bacon, egg and cheese
Consider. the game changed… Introducing the world’s first loaded PANCAKE BURRITO!!
These pancake burritos are stuffed with turkey bacon, soft scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, and creamy avocado. They are fun, tasty, and easy to make! Perfect Saturday or Sunday brunch 🙂
This simple, healthy twist on a bacon egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich is incredible. I’m typically a sweet breakfast kind of girl, but these breakfast burritos have completely changed my mind! They’re packed with protein, delicious, and super filling. A breakfast recipe that everyone will enjoy!
This healthy bacon, egg, avocado, and cheese is sure to be your new favorite brunch and breakfast recipe!
Is a bacon egg and cheese healthy?
Absolutely!! This breakfast burrito has the perfect balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Bacon, egg and cheese keeps you full, satisfied, and nourished!
I even added avocado to this bacon egg and cheese which adds tons of healthy fats and vitamins. Each pancake burrito is not only packed with feed good ingredients, but it has lots of protein for my fitness lovers!
Healthy pancake breakfast burrito ingredients
You’ll only need six simple ingredients to get this easy breakfast recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. This bacon egg and cheese recipe is healthy and made gluten free & refined sugar free!
- Eggs – Eggs make for the perfect breakfast. They are protein packed and delicious! You can use egg whites or regular eggs.
- Bacon – I used turkey bacon in this recipe, but pork bacon works too. Turkey bacon is lean, protein packed, and crispy!
- Cheese – Just a little bit of ooey-gooey cheese to make this pancake wrap super cheesy & tasty.
- Avocado – Who doesn’t love a creamy avocado?! Full of healthy fats & irresistible. You can even use guacamole for this pancake burrito!
- Pancake Mix – You can use any pancake mix you want! That’s why I love this recipe. My favorite is Birch Benders Protein Mix.
- Salt & Pepper – Don’t forget your seasonings!
Pancake burrito variations
I love this breakfast burrito recipe. But that being said, it is super customizable! Use ingredients you have on hand, or play with it to make a breakfast burrito that you really love. Here are some suggestions:
- Substitute the avocado for guacamole.
- Add in some cherry tomatoes or salsa!
- Pack some spinach into your bacon, egg, and cheese to up the nutrients and vitamin A!
- Skip the bacon and make this meal vegetarian! Egg & cheese burritos are the best.
- Vegan? Just swap out the cheese for dairy-free cheese, swap the eggs for a tofu scramble, and replace turkey bacon with vegan bacon!
- Add some fresh cilantro & beans to make this bacon egg and cheese Mexican flavored.
How to make healthy bacon, egg & cheese pancake burrito
My favorite thing about this simple and easy breakfast recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy it is to make! You will only need a pan and a bowl, making clean up super easy. Here, I’ll walk you through how to make a bacon egg and cheese pancake wrap in under ten minutes.
First, prepare your favorite pancake mix. My favorite is Birch Bender’s Protein Mix or Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Mix. Pro tip: I recommend adding a little more liquid than what is called for to make sure the pancake burrito is large and not too thick.
After that, heat a large skillet to medium with butter, nonstick spray, or coconut oil. Pour pancake batter into the heated pan and spread batter to form one large pancake (about 7 inches wide). Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the pancake, then flip. Sprinkle cheese across the top of the pancake and turn off the heat.
Meanwhile, prepare your soft scrambled eggs in a pan by heating a pan to medium heat, adding the eggs. Let them cook for a few seconds, then stir and scramble until the eggs until just set. Season with salt and pepper.
Now it is time to assemble your pancake burrito! Simply layout your pancake with cheese melted on top on a clean plate and add the scrambled eggs, cooked bacon, and sliced avocado to the center. Then, roll up your burrito and enjoy!
Cheers to the best bacon, egg, and cheese pancake burrito! The perfect healthy breakfast.
Other tasty breakfast recipes to try…
- Healthy Fluffy Chunky Monkey Banana Pancakes
- Peanut Butter and Fruit French Toast Roll Ups
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Paleo Cinnamon Toast Crumb Muffins
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Best ever healthy bacon, egg & cheese pancake burrito to kick start your morning! This loaded breakfast burrito recipe is filled with eggs, turkey bacon, avocado and wrapped in a fluffy pancake. You’re going to love this protein-packed breakfast!
- 1/2 cup pancake mix (I love Birch Bender’s protein mix)
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices cooked bacon, turkey or pork
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional add-ins: hot sauce, spinach, tomatoes, cilantro
- Prepare pancake mix. I recommend adding a little more liquid than what is called for to make sure the pancake burrito is large and not too thick.
- Heat a large skillet to medium with butter, nonstick spray, or coconut oil. Pour pancake batter into the heated pan and spread batter to form one large pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the pancake, then flip. Sprinkle cheese across the top of the pancake and turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare your soft scrambled eggs. Heat a pan to medium heat and add whisked eggs. Let them cook for a few seconds, then stir and scramble until desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the burrito: On a clean plate, lay out the pancake with cheese melted on top. Add scrambled eggs, cooked bacon, and sliced avocado to the center.
- Roll up your burrito and enjoy!
Can substitute cheddar cheese with any shredded cheese.
I recommend cooking bacon on a stovetop or microwave. Follow package instructions.
MAKE VEGAN: Swap cheese for non-dairy alternative, use tofu scramble, and vegan bacon!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast burrito, pancake burrito, bacon egg and cheese, healthy bacon egg and cheese pancake burrito, healthy bacon egg and cheese, bacon egg and cheese wrap, breakfast wrap, gluten free, easy breakfast, avocado
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!