The best cheesy gluten free breakfast sandwich served on a crispy toasted English muffin and made in one pan with four healthy ingredients. The perfect 5-minute quick and easy breakfast recipe!
Best single-serve healthy breakfast sandwich
I love breakfast sandwiches. There is something special about a crisp, buttery English muffin with cheesy eggs. It not only tastes fantastic, but it is also addictive.
I make this breakfast sandwich almost every single morning. And if I don’t have it for breakfast, I certainly have it for lunch. That’s how much I love it!
This easy gluten-free breakfast sandwich is healthy, single-serve, and easy to make in under 5 minutes. If you are in a rush in the morning but still want a nourishing and delicious meal, this gluten-free breakfast sandwich is for you. My family begs me to make these when I am home!
Plus, you can freeze them for up to 3 months for meal prep.
Why you’ll love this gluten-free recipe:
- This breakfast sandwich is single-serve.
- It has 14 grams of protein.
- Use your favorite brand and kind of English muffin.
- No sugar.
- Simple ingredients.
- It’s healthy and gluten-free.
- Use dairy-free cheese to make this breakfast sandwich dairy-free.
- Easy meal prep breakfast.
- Freeze them for up to 3 months.
- No oil is required.
- Kids and athletes will love this recipe.
- Try these Air Fryer Egg Bites or Keto Egg Bites next!
Ingredients needed for healthy breakfast sandwiches
You only need four ingredients (plus salt & pepper) to make this cheesy, gluten-free breakfast sandwich on a crispy, buttery English muffin! It makes for a great quick, and healthy breakfast. Trust me, you’ll try the egg and cheese sandwich once and be hooked! Here is a list of everything you need so you are prepared:
- English Muffin: This has got to be my favorite type of bread for breakfast sandwiches. It is crispy when toasted and soft on the inside. Paired with cheesy eggs, English muffins are just amazing! Make sure to pick up gluten-free English muffins.
- Butter: You’ll only need a little butter for this healthy breakfast sandwich.
- Eggs: Grab 1 or 2 eggs, depending on how much you want to stuff this breakfast sandwich.
- Cheese: You’ll need one slice of your favorite cheese. I love using extra-sharp cheddar cheese; the taste is amazing.
- Salt & Pepper: For seasoning!
Kitchen tools you’ll need
Making a gluten-free breakfast sandwich is seriously easy. It only requires a few kitchen tools. Here is a list so you are prepared and ready to cook!
- Frying Pan
- Mixing Bowl
How to make a gluten-free breakfast sandwich
From start to finish, making a healthy breakfast sandwich takes 5 minutes. This recipe is not only super delicious, but it is so easy to make! Plus, this egg and cheese sandwich is single-serve, which makes them perfect for a quick breakfast. Here are step-by-step instructions for any level cook:
First, heat a large non-stick pan over medium with the butter.
Next, once the butter is melted, add both English muffin pieces face-side down onto one side of the pan. Use your hand or a spatula to move them in a small circle, and then press down to ensure the muffins will get crispy. Toast for 1 – 2 minutes until they reach your desired crispiness. Alternatively, you can toast your English muffin in a toaster and butter it after.
Meanwhile, whisk the egg(s), salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Once the English muffin is done, pour the egg mixture into the other side of the buttered pan. Once the eggs just begin to set, use a rubber spatula to gently push them across the pan. Try not to stir, or else they will not be as fluffy. If the eggs cook too fast, reduce the heat to low.
Finally, assemble your breakfast sandwich by placing your soft scrambled eggs on top of the bottom half of the English muffin, followed by the slice of cheese and then the top half. The heat from the eggs will melt the cheese.
Enjoy your delicious gluten-free breakfast sandwich!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I double or triple the recipe?
Yes! You double or triple this recipe for your family or meal prep. Follow the instructions below and equally portion the eggs onto each English muffin after cooking. Use a maximum of 2 Tablespoons of butter when cooking, even if you triple the recipe, or else it will be too greasy.
What makes it gluten-free?
This recipe is gluten-free if you use a gluten-free English muffin.
Can I store extras for meal prep?
Yes! You can store these breakfast sandwiches as meal prep. Just let the sandwiches cool, wrap them in tin foil, and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Reheat by heating in the microwave for 60 – 90 seconds until warm.
Can I reheat cooked eggs in the microwave?
Yes! You can reheat this egg and cheese sandwich super easily in the microwave. Just heat for 60 – 90 seconds or until warm.
Can I omit the butter?
No, you can use olive oil spray, non-dairy butter, coconut oil, or olive oil.
Can I add bacon?
You can add cooked regular bacon or turkey bacon to this egg and cheese breakfast sandwich!
Can I add turkey?
You can add turkey slices to this egg and cheese breakfast sandwich! Use honest roasted, oven-roasted, or smoked.
Is this recipe healthy?
Yes! This breakfast sandwich recipe is healthy for several reasons. First, it is made with 5 simple and fresh ingredients. Second, it is high in protein from the eggs. Third, it uses less butter than traditional recipes and has no oil. Third, it is gluten-free if you use a gluten-free English muffin. This breakfast sandwich is a perfectly healthy start to your day!
Can I freeze these gluten-free breakfast sandwiches for meal prep?
Yes! These egg and cheese sandwiches make for the perfect meal prep breakfast. Simply let them cool to room temperature, wrap them in aluminum foil, and freeze them for up to 3 months. Reheat by heating in the microwave for 60 – 90 seconds until warm.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
- Gluten Free Feta Quiche
- Keto Egg Bites (5 ways!)
- Protein Chocolate Chip Baked Oats
- Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Banana Chia Pudding
- Egg White Oatmeal
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 English muffin, gluten-free if needed
- 1 tbsp butter, salted or unsalted
- 1 – 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 slice of cheese, I love extra-sharp cheddar
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium with the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add both English muffin pieces face-side down onto one side of the pan. Use your hand or a spatula to move them in a small circle and then press down to ensure the muffins will get crispy. Toast for 1 – 2 minutes until they reach your desired crispy-ness. Alternatively, you can toast your English muffin in a toaster and butter it after.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg(s), salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Once the English muffin is done, pour the egg mixture into the other side of the buttered pan. Once the eggs just begin to set, use a rubber spatula to gently push them across the pan. Try not to stir, or else they will not be as fluffy. If the eggs cook too fast, reduce the heat to low.
- Assemble your breakfast sandwich by placing your soft scrambled eggs on top of the bottom half of the English muffin, followed by the slice of cheese and then the top half. The heat from the eggs will melt the cheese.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!