These easy Starbucks copycat air fryer egg bites are super flavorful, healthy, and perfect for meal prep! Easily customize them for a protein-packed breakfast or snack.
The best air fryer egg bites
Trust me when I say these are the BEST air fryer egg bites you will ever eat. I am so obsessed with them and eat them daily. I said they are Starbucks copycats, but in reality, they are better than the Starbucks version because they are healthier, made with fewer ingredients, and moister.
Anyways, these egg bites are incredible! They call for 5 simple and healthy ingredients, and I give you many flavor variation options below. That means you can customize them however you want.
Another thing I cannot forget to mention is that air fryer egg bites are perfect for meal prep. You can easily store them in the fridge for 5 days or freeze them for up to 2 months. I am super busy and love preparing these egg bites on Sunday for meal prep and eating them throughout the week for breakfast.
I cannot wait to hear what you think about these better-than-Starbucks egg bites. You will be in and out of the kitchen in 15 minutes; plus, clean up is easy since they are made in an air fryer. Kids love them too!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- These air fryer egg bites taste better than Starbucks.
- They are healthy.
- 6 grams of protein per egg bite.
- These egg bites are low-carb and keto.
- Easily customize and add your favorite mix-ins and flavors.
- Easy to make in your air fryer.
- Try this sweet potato feta quiche or these air fryer chicken sausages next!
The taste and texture
You can customize these air fryer egg bites to your flavor preference. If you use the original recipe, the main flavor comes from the cheese and onion. If you add bacon, fresh herbs, or chicken sausage, that will be the main flavor. You cannot taste cottage cheese!
These air fryer egg bites are fluffy and moist. They have that classic Starbucks sou vide texture, but we cook them in the air fryer! The secret is using cottage cheese.
These Starbucks copycat air fryer egg bites call for five simple, healthy ingredients. You need eggs, collage cheese, feta cheese or shredded cheese, spinach, and a few others. Here is a list of everything you need so you are prepared:
- Eggs: The main ingredient in this air fryer egg bites recipe.
- Cottage Cheese: This is the secret ingredient to making these egg bites super fluffy and soft. I used 2% cottage cheese, but you can use low-fat or no-fat. Once blended, the cottage cheese is smooth and adds moisture to the egg bites.
- Cheese: I love using both feta cheese crumbles and shredded cheddar cheese. But you can use your favorite kind of cheese!
- Baby Spinach: You cannot take it, I promise! I love adding spinach to everything because it adds health benefits and is full of Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Onion: You can use white or yellow onion. This adds flavor, texture, and sharpness to the egg bites.
- Optional Mix-Ins: For extra protein and flavor, feel free to add turkey bacon or regular bacon crumbles.
Kitchen tools required
Here is a list of kitchen utensils you will need to make these easy air-fried egg bites.
- Air Fryer
- Silicone Muffin Cups or Silicone Muffin Pan
- High-Speed Blender
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, 1/4 cup, and 1/3 cup.
How to make air fryer egg bites
Air fryer egg bites are very easy to make. Here are super detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are at the bottom of this page in the recipe card.
First, add the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend on high for 20 – 30 seconds until smooth.
Then, evenly divide the cheese, spinach, onion, and optional bacon into 8 regular-sized silicone muffin cups or a 6-cavity silicon muffin pan. Then place them in your air fryer basket.
After that, pour the egg mixture into each cup, filling each one about ¾ of the way full. Then, use your finger or a spoon to mix each one to combine the mix-ins.
Finally, air fry at 290°F for 12 – 15 minutes or until the eggs are puffed up and cooked. I love enjoying these warm, but I left instructions below on how to store and freeze them for meal prep.
Expert tips for air fryer egg bites
Don’t skip out on the cottage cheese. This is my secret ingredient to making these air fryer egg bites extra moist.
Don’t over-blend the eggs. Just blend until the cottage cheese is smooth. Over blending could cause the egg bites to be flat when you air fry them.
Use silicon muffin cups. Do not use paper muffin cups! It will NOT work, and the paper will burn.
Don’t overcook the egg bites. Overcooked egg bites are dry and tough. Keep an eye on the clock and air fryer the egg bites until they are cooked through and set.
Egg bite flavor variations
- Vegetable Egg Bites: You can add 3 to 4 tbsp of frozen vegetables (chopped up) or fresh vegetables (like zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, or broccoli). Make sure to chop them up into small pieces.
- Turkey Egg Bites: Roll up and thinly slice or chop 3 – 4 slices of deli-style turkey breast instead of adding bacon. This adds flavor and lots of protein.
- Mexican Egg Bites: Add 1/2 tsp chili powder and 1/2 taco seasoning.
- Sausage Egg Bites: Add 1/4 cup of chopped pre-cooked chicken or pork sausage along with the cheese.
- Gruyère Egg Bites: Instead of feta or cheddar, use shredded gruyère for lots of flavor.
- Italian Egg Bites: Add 3/4 tsp of Italian seasoning and/or 2 tbsp of freshly chopped basil.
- Broccoli & Ham Egg Bites: Roll up and thinly slice or chop 3 – 4 slices of deli-style ham and add in 3 to 4 tablespoons of chopped-up broccoli (small pieces).
Here is a list of the best ingredient substitutions for these air fryer egg bites. I only recommend swapping 1 – 2 ingredients, so the original recipe doesn’t completely change.
- Cottage Cheese: You can use ricotta cheese or plain Greek yogurt instead.
- Onion: You can use green onion/scallions (the white parts) or red onion.
- Spinach: You can use mixed greens, arugula, kale, butterhead lettuce, or swiss chard. Arugula will have a peppery flavor.
- Cheese: You can use dairy-free cheese, any shredded cheese, or freshly grated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use egg whites?
I have not tested this, but it should work well. If you want to substitute the whole eggs, you will need around 10 to 12 egg whites.
Are they keto?
Yes, these air fryer egg bites are low-carb and keto friendly. There is 1g of carbs per egg bite.
What can I substitute the cottage cheese with?
You can use ricotta cheese or plain Greek yogurt.
Can I bake them?
Yes, you can also bake these egg bites. Bake them in a regular muffin pan lined with silicon cups of well greased for 15 to 18 minutes at 350°F.
Are egg bites healthy?
Yes, these air fryer egg bites are healthy. They are high in protein, full of healthy fats, and have no random ingredients. There are no trans fats. We also add spinach to increase vitamin A and vitamin C.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes, these air fryer egg bites are gluten-free.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Air fryer egg bites are perfect for meal prep. You can freeze them for up to 2 months or store them in the fridge for up to 1 week.
What’s the best temperature to air fry egg bites?
For best results, air fry egg bites at 290°F, so they cook slowly and remain super moist. If the temperature is too high, they can dry out.
Can I freeze egg bites?
Yes! Let the air fryer egg bites cool, then place them in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container. You can freeze them for up to 2 months. When you are ready to enjoy them, reheat them in the microwave for 60 – 90 seconds on high or until warm.
How to store and reheat:
Storing: For best results, store leftover air fryer egg bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheating: Reheat in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds or until warm.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Air Fryer Chicken Sausages
- Keto Egg Bites
- Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Gluten Free Feta Quiche
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Egg Bites
- 5 large eggs
- ⅓ cup 2% cottage cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles or shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp white or yellow onion, minced
- Optional: 1 – 2 slices of turkey bacon or regular bacon crumbled
- Add the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend on high for 20 – 30 seconds until smooth.
- Evenly divide the cheese, spinach, onion, and optional bacon into 8 regular-sized silicone muffin cups or a 6-cavity silicone muffin pan. Then place them in your air fryer basket.
- Pour the egg mixture into each cup, filling each one about ¾ of the way full. Then, use your finger or a spoon to mix each one to combine the mix-ins.
- Air fry at 290°F for 12 – 15 minutes or until the eggs are puffed up and cooked.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply