The best 10-minute crispy air fryer chicken sausages! Enjoy them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a side dish.
Crispy air fryer chicken sausages
I love chicken sausages. They are the perfect breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Usually, I cook them on the stovetop, but they never get as crispy as I want. So I decided to air fry them.
These air fryer chicken sausages are next-level delicious! They are tender on the inside and crisp on the outside.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can use any flavor of chicken sausages you want. I love Italian for lunch and dinner and maple for breakfast. Plus, you can use frozen, uncooked, or pre-cooked sausages.
Serve these crispy air fried chicken sausages alongside Greek Spinach Salad for a full meal or Feta Quiche for a delicious brunch!
Why you’ll love this healthy recipe
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, and Side
- Crispy chicken sausages
- Easy cleanup
- Gluten free, dairy free, and healthy
- High in protein
- Use precooked, uncooked, or frozen chicken sausages
You only need one ingredient to make air fryer chicken sausages! So grab your favorite flavor of chicken sausage, and let’s get cooking.
- Chicken Sausage: I used Italian flavor chicken sausage and served them with sauteed vegetables. Feel free to use any flavor you want! My family loves spicy herb, maple apple, and Mexican-flavored ones.
Kitchen tools needed
You only need a few kitchen utensils to make these crispy and easy air fried chicken sausages. Clean-up is easy! Here is a list:
- Air Fryer
How to make air fryer chicken sausages
Air fryer chicken sausages are so easy to make. Any level cook can make them in under 10 minutes. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make precooked, uncooked, or frozen air fryer chicken sausages:
First, preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
Then, place chicken sausages in a single layer into the preheated air fryer. They should NOT overlap. If sausages are uncooked, poke 3 – 4 small holes with a sharp knife in each sausage before air frying.
Step 3: Precooked chicken sausages
Most chicken sausages come precooked. Simple, air fry for 8 – 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through until brown, slightly crisp, with an internal temperature of 165°F. Every air fryer is different, so check at the 6-minute mark! They might be done.
Step 4: Uncooked chicken sausages
If your chicken sausages came uncooked, air fry them for 12 – 15 minutes, flipping them halfway through until brown, slightly crisp, with an internal temperature of 165°F.
Step 5: Frozen chicken sausages
If your chicken sausages are frozen, air fry them for 12 – 15 minutes, flipping them halfway through until brown, slightly crisp, with an internal temperature of 165°F.
Serve bunless with your favorite side salad, roasted or grilled vegetables for dinner, with eggs for breakfast, or in a bun with toppings.
What to serve with chicken sausages
You can serve so many things with chicken sausages. It truly depends on what meal you are making them for. Here are a few ideas:
Breakfast & Brunch:
- Banana Foster Pancakes: I love sweet and savory breakfasts. These pancakes go perfectly with chicken sausage.
- Air Fryer Hash Browns: For a more classic breakfast and brunch.
- Flourless Banana Oat Waffles: Another great sweet and savory combination!
- Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich: Add air fryer chicken sausages to these breakfast sandwiches for extra protein!
Lunch & Dinner:
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad: Add cut-up air fryer chicken sausages to this fresh salad for extra protein and to make it a full meal!
- Creamy Tomato Soup: I love a side of chicken sausage with this cozy soup.
- Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl: For extra protein, add some air fried chicken sausage to this buddha bowl!
Is chicken sausage healthy?
Yes, chicken sausage is healthy. It is high in protein, low in sugar, gluten-free, dairy-free, and keto. However, it all depends on the brand you buy. Make sure you buy ones with minimal processed ingredients and sugars.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the texture of air fried chicken sausage?
Air fryer chicken sausages are slightly crispy on the outside and tender, warm on the inside.
Can I use uncooked chicken sausage?
Yes, feel free to use uncooked chicken sausages for this recipe. Simply poke 3 – 4 small holes with a sharp knife in each sausage link, then air fry for 12 – 15 minutes. Make sure to flip them halfway through until brown, slightly crisp, with an internal temperature of 165°F.
Is it gluten free?
Yes, most chicken sausages are gluten free; just double-check on the packaging.
Is it healthy?
Yes, this recipe is healthy. Chicken sausages are a great source of lean protein, with minimal sugar and processed ingredients. They’re also gluten free, low carb, keto, grain free, and dairy free.
Can I use frozen chicken sausage?
Yes, you can certainly use frozen chicken sausages as well. This recipe is super customizable. Simply, add the frozen chicken sausages to the basket and air fry for 12 – 15 minutes until warm and crispy.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Storing: For best results, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating: Reheat air fryer chicken sausages in the air fryer for 3 – 5 minutes at 350°F or in the microwave for 45 – 90 seconds or until warm. For best results, I recommend air frying to reheat.
If you loved this air fryer recipe, try these next!
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Chicken Sausages
- 4 – 6 chicken sausages, precooked or uncooked (any flavor)
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Place chicken sausages in a single layer into the preheated air fryer. They should NOT overlap. If sausages are uncooked, poke 3 – 4 small holes with a sharp knife in each sausage before air frying.
- Pre-Cooked Sausages: Air fry for 8 – 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through until brown, slightly crisp, with an internal temperature of 165°F. Every air fryer is different, so check at the 6-minute mark! They might be done.
- Uncooked & Frozen Sausages: Air fry for 12 – 15 minutes, flipping them halfway through until brown, slightly crisp, with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve bunless with your favorite side salad, roasted or grilled vegetables for dinner, with eggs for breakfast, or in a bun with toppings.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply