The best ever crispy parmesan garlic air fryer fingerling potatoes! Ready in 20 minutes, this easy recipe makes for the best side dish to any meal.
Super crispy 20-minute air fryer fingerling potatoes
If you love potatoes, you need to try these extra crispy air fryer fingerling potatoes. They are cheesy, with a parmesan garlic flavor, and only take 20 minutes to make. I make this recipe at least twice a week (along with these crispy air fryer smashed potatoes). I rarely have leftovers, but if I do, I just save the rest for meal prep.
Air-frying fingerling potatoes are the best way to cook them. You don’t have to wait over 20 minutes for your oven to preheat and then another 30 to 40 minutes for the potatoes to roast. Trust me; this air fryer recipe is about to be the only way you prepare fingerling potatoes.
Anyways, air fryer fingerling potatoes are perfect for any time of year since they pair well with so many meals. Kids, picky eaters, and adults love them! Trust me.
Why you’ll love this air fryer recipe:
- Air fryer fingerling potatoes only take 20 minutes to make.
- They are crispy, cheesy, and tender.
- The perfect side dish for any dinner.
- Super easy to make.
- Clean-up is a breeze.
- No oven is needed.
- Very customizable with lots of flavor variations.
- Much better than oven-roasted fingerling potatoes that 30 to 40 minutes bake.
- Try these super crispy air fryer smashed potatoes next!
Ingredients & substitutions
These are the crispiest and most delicious air fryer fingerling potatoes. This recipe calls for four simple ingredients that can be found at any grocery store. You need fingerling potatoes, olive oil, parmesan, and a few seasonings. Here is a list of everything you need so you are prepared:
- Fingerling Potatoes: Grab one 1.5-pound bag of fingerling potatoes. You can also use baby red potatoes, Yukon gold, or baby russets potatoes.
- Olive Oil: To help crispen up the potatoes in the air fryer. You can also use avocado oil.
- Seasonings: You need garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper to season the fingerling potatoes.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated is best! Once air fried, the parmesan cheese gets super crispy and sticks to the fingerling potatoes.
- Parsley: I love adding fresh chopped parsley on top!
Kitchen tools required
Here is a list of kitchen utensils you will need to make this easy air fryer fingerling potatoes recipe.
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, and 1/4 cup.
How to make air fryer fingerling potatoes
This is the best air fryer fingerling potatoes recipe! The potatoes take under 20 minutes to roast, and they are super crispy, tender, and cheesy. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference so any level cook can make them. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are at the bottom of this page in the recipe card.
First, preheat your air fryer to 400°F and lightly grease the basket with non-stick olive oil spray.
Then, toss the halved fingerling potatoes in a mixing bowl with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Carefully line the bottom of your air fryer with parchment paper, so the cheese doesn’t fall off into the basket or get stuck on the grate.
Finally, add the seasoned potatoes to the preheated air fryer and air fry at 400°F for a total of 14 – 18 minutes. TIP: Shake the basket at the 10-minute mark to ensure they are cooking evenly. Every air fryer is different, so check at the 14-minute mark, then decide if you want them to be crispier.
Enjoy immediately, and serve with a sprinkle of parsley. Enjoy!
Expert tips for air fryer fingerling potatoes
Don’t skip the olive oil. Trust me, olive oil is a must in this recipe! It’s essential if you want super crispy fingerling potatoes. If you skip out on the olive oil, the potatoes will dry out as they air fry.
Add parmesan cheese. I love adding freshly grated parmesan to these air-fried fingerling potatoes. It adds flavor and the best crispy texture.
Shake the air fryer basket at the 7-minute mark. All air fryers are different, so make sure to shake the potatoes around the 7-minute make to ensure they are cooking evenly and not burning.
Customize the flavors. Keep reading this blog post, and you’ll find a long list of air fryer fingerling potato flavor variations.
Make this recipe dairy-free and vegan. You can easily make this air fryer fingerling potatoes recipe dairy-free and vegan but omitting the parmesan cheese.
Fingerling potato flavor variations
- Pesto fingerling potatoes: omit the olive oil and add 3 Tablespoons of your favorite pesto. I love this nut-free basil one!
- Cajun fingerling potatoes: substitute the seasonings called for in the recipe and add 1 Tablespoon of cajun seasoning. I love this one!
- Rosemary fingerling potatoes: add 2 – 3 teaspoons of freshly chopped up rosemary to the mixing bowl with the potatoes, olive oil, and seasonings.
- Buttery fingerling potatoes: substitute the olive oil with butter or drizzle an extra 1 tablespoon of melted butter on top of the potatoes when they are done air frying.
- Lemony fingerling potatoes: squeeze half a lemon on top of the potatoes after they are done air frying.
- Balsamic fingerling potatoes: Add 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar along with the other seasonings. You can even add a drizzle of balsamic glaze on top before serving them.
What to serve with fingerling potatoes
Air fryer fingerling potatoes make for a great side dish for any dinner! Here are a few ideas on what to serve them with:
Chicken & turkey recipes:
- Balsamic Feta Stuffed Chicken
- Goat Cheese & Pesto Crusted Chicken
- Turkey Lentil Soup
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Salad & vegetarian recipes:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to soak fingerling potatoes before air frying?
No, you do not need to soak fingerling potatoes in water before air frying. Most oven-roasted fingerling potato recipes call for this step to remove excess starch and ensure they get crispy; however, you do not need to do this since we are air-frying the fingerling potatoes at a higher temperature.
What’s the best substitute for fingerling potatoes?
Baby potatoes are the best substitute for fingerling potatoes. You can use baby red potatoes, Yukon golds, or baby russets. All will work great for this recipe!
Can I use Yukon gold potatoes?
Yes! You can certainly substitute the fingerling potatoes for baby Yukon gold potatoes. I still reccomend cutting them in half before seasoning and air frying.
Can I make them dairy-free?
Easily make this air fryer fingerling potatoes recipe dairy free by omitting the parmesan cheese.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Easily make this air fryer fingerling potatoes recipe vegan by omitting the parmesan cheese.
What do fingerling potatoes taste like?
Fingerling potatoes taste very similar to classic russets or Yukon gold potatoes. They are mild in taste and have a rich and creamy texture when cooked.
Do I need to remove the skin?
No, you do not need to peel the skin of fingerling potatoes before air frying.
Can I bake them in the oven?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake fingerling potatoes in the oven. Bake them at 400°F for 30 – 40 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
What’s the best temperature to air fry fingerling potatoes?
For best results, air fry fingerling potatoes at 400°F. If the temperature is too high, the potatoes will dry out. If the temperature is too low, the fingerling potatoes won’t cook through, and the centers may be starchy and raw.
How long do I air fry fingerling potatoes at 400°F?
Fingerling potatoes take about 14 to 18 minutes to air fry at 400°F. This is much shorter than waiting 30 to 40 minutes to oven-roast them!
Can I freeze fingerling potatoes?
I do not recommend freezing air fryer fingerling potatoes. The texture will not be the same when you reheat them.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Storing: Store leftover air fryer fingerling potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days.
Reheating: For best results, reheat in the air fryer at 300°F for 5 – 7 minutes, in the oven or toaster oven at 350°F for 5 – 10 minutes until warm, or in the microwave for 1 – 2 minutes until warm.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fried Parmesan Zucchini
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 – 2 tbsp olive oil, depending on how crispy you want the potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Garnish: 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F and lightly grease the basket with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Then toss the halved fingerling potatoes in a mixing bowl with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Carefully line the bottom of your air fryer with parchment paper so the cheese doesn’t fall off into the basket or get stuck on the grate.
- Add seasoned potatoes to the preheated air fryer and air fry at 400°F for a total of 14 – 18 minutes. Shake the basket at the 10-minute mark to ensure they are cooking evenly. Every air fryer is different, so check at the 14-minute mark, then decide if you want them to be crispier.
- Enjoy immediately, and serve with a sprinkle of parsley. Enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply