These super crispy and tender air fryer sweet potato cubes make for a great quick and healthy side dish for any dinner! They only take 15 minutes to make and are tossed in a delicious blend of garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper.
The best crispy air fryer sweet potato cubes
I am a big sweet potato fan! I love these sweet potato french fries, chicken parm stuffed sweet potatoes, and these cheesy scalloped sweet potatoes – I think I might be obsessed. So clearly, I am very excited to share this recipe with you!
You are going to love this recipe. These air fryer sweet potato cubes are tender on the inside yet super crispy on the outside. They are seasoned with a mixture of paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper, making them incredibly flavorful and irresistibly delicious!
Typical sweet potato recipes take over 30 minutes to roast in the oven, but these sweet potato cubes only take 12 minutes to cook in the air fryer. How awesome is that?! From start to finish, you will be in and out of the kitchen in less than 15 minutes. I call that a win in my book!
Air fryer sweet potato cubes are just perfect as a quick weeknight side dish for busy people, moms, and families. I pair mine with these air fryer chicken thighs (boneless & skinless) and these balsamic feta stuffed chicken. Everyone will love them (trust me)! I cannot wait to hear what you think of this recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Air fryer sweet potato cubes only take 15 minutes to make.
- They are crispy and tender.
- The perfect side dish for any dinner.
- Super easy to make.
- No oven is needed.
- Perfectly seasoned
- Much better than oven-roasted sweet potatoes that 30 to 40 minutes to bake.
- Kids will love them.
- Great for meal prep.
- Try these super crispy air fryer fingerling potatoes next!
You only need two main ingredients plus four spices to make these incredibly tender and crispy air fryer sweet potato cubes! They make for the perfect quick and healthy side dish for any dinner. Here is a list of ingredients, so you have every prepared:
- Sweet Potatoes: Grab 2 medium sweet potatoes, peel them, and cut them into 1-inch bite-sized pieces.
- Olive Oil: We just need a little olive oil or avocado oil to help coat the sweet potato cubes in the spices. Don’t skip out on it (trust me) the sweet potatoes will be dry otherwise.
- Salt & Pepper: For that classic seasoning.
- Paprika & Garlic Powder: The best favor ever. I love the paprika and garlic combination.
Kitchen tools required
These sweet potato cubes require a few different kitchen tools. Clean-up will be super easy, and I am sure you already have everything in your kitchen. Here is a list, so you are prepared and ready to cook!
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon and 1 Tablespoon.
How to make air fryer sweet potato cubes
These homemade crispy sweet potato cubes are not only super delicious, but they are so easy to make in your air fryer! They come together in two simple steps: first, we will season the sweet potatoes, and second, with will air fryer then. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference so any level cook can make them. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are at the bottom of this page in the recipe card.
First, preheat air fryer to 400°F and lightly grease with avocado, olive oil, non-stick spray.
Next, prepare your sweet potatoes by carefully peeling and cutting them into 1-inch bite-sized pieces. If you prefer to keep the skin on, you can.
After that, add to a large mixing bowl with olive oil and seasonings. Mix until they are fully coated.
Once the air fryer is heated, add sweet potato cubes in and cook for 10 – 12 minutes until tender and slightly crispy. Remember to shake the basket halfway through.
Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes them healthy?
Air fryer sweet potato cubes are healthy for many reasons. First, this recipe only requires 5 simple, wholesome ingredients. Second, they are naturally vegan and gluten-free. Third, they make for a balanced side dish with fiber, healthy fats, and vitamins. Finally, since we are cooking them in the air fryer, we only use 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, far less than other recipes.
Can I use Japanese sweet potato?
Although I have not tested this, using Japanese sweet potatoes should work perfectly. Follow the instructions below and let me know how they turn out!
Can I double or triple the recipe?
Yes! You can certainly double or triple this recipe for larger parties and dinners. Just make sure the sweet potato cubes do not overlap in your air fryer. So, if your air fryer basket is small, cook them in two batches to ensure maximum crispness.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes! Sweet potatoes are naturally gluten-free.
Can I use minced garlic instead of garlic powder?
I don’t recommend using minced garlic in place of the garlic powder. The minced garlic will burn in the air fryer and can result in a bitter taste.
What to serve with sweet potato cubes?
The sky is the limit! Personally, I love serving sweet potato cubes with crispy chicken cutlets, turkey burgers, buffalo chicken, or stuffed chicken breasts. If you are vegan, try this cauliflower leek potato soup or these no-bean veggie burger. You can serve these with anything!
Are they vegan?
Yes! Sweet potatoes are naturally vegan.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, place them in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 60 seconds until warm. You can also reheat them in the air fryer at 350°F for 3 – 5 minutes, until warm.
Try these side dish recipes next!
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- Air Fried Sweet Potato Steak Fries
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F and lightly grease with avocado, olive oil, non-stick spray.
- Meanwhile, prepare your sweet potatoes by carefully peeling and cutting them into 1-inch bite-sized pieces. If you prefer to keep the skin on, you can.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with olive oil and seasonings. Mix until they are fully coated.
- Once the air fryer is heated, add sweet potato cubes in and cook for 10 – 12 minutes, until tender and slightly crispy. Remember to shake the basket halfway through.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply