The juiciest grilled turkey burgers that are healthy, keto, and made without any breadcrumbs. These low-carb burgers are the perfect summer lunch and dinner recipe!
The best keto turkey burgers without breadcrumbs
It’s grilling season, and I love making burgers! These cilantro chicken burgers are one of my favorite recipes, but these grilled turkey burgers are my go-to when I am in the mood for a classic burger.
You only need six ingredients plus salt and pepper to make these super juicy keto turkey burgers. There are no bread crumbs or flour, making them low carb and healthy.
This has to be the juiciest turkey burger recipe. We shred a yellow onion into the ground turkey so that the patties are super moist as we cook them on the grill.
Also, one of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can cook them on a grill pan indoors. So if the weather is too cold, you can still make these delicious healthy turkey burgers.
Why you’ll love this healthy recipe
- No bread crumbs
- No eggs
- Healthy turkey burger recipe
- Super juicy and tender
- Grill in 10 minutes
- Perfect for Summer cookouts and grilling
- Easy meal prep recipe
- Instructions on how to cook on a grill pan indoors on the stove too
You only need 6 ingredients to make these juicy grilled turkey burgers! You don’t need bread crumbs, eggs, or flour. Here is a list of all the ingredients you will need so you have everything prepared. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom to see the exact measurements.
- Ground Turkey: I used 93% lean ground turkey, not 99% for the juiciest burgers. Since there is no egg and no breadcrumbs in this keto turkey burger recipe, I always recommend using 93% lean.
- Yellow Onion: Then, we grated one small yellow onion into the ground turkey mixture to make the burgers extra juicy.
- Dijon Mustard: This adds the best tang. You really cannot taste it. So if you don’t like mustard, don’t worry!
- Garlic Cloves: We add 2 – 3 minced garlic cloves for the best flavor. I prefer fresh garlic over garlic powder when making burgers because the flavor is more pronounced and fresh.
- Parsley: For some fresh notes, add in some finely chopped fresh parsley. This adds the best flavor.
- Onion Powder: Just a little onion powder is needed to season this turkey burger meat well.
- Salt & Pepper: Season your keto turkey burgers to taste.
Kitchen tools needed
You’ll need a few kitchen utensils to make this keto turkey burger recipe – don’t worry, I bet you have all of them already!
- Mixing Bowl
- Box Grater
- Cutting Board
- Grill or Grill Pan
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1/4 cup.
How to make juicy grilled turkey burgers
These grilled healthy and low-carb turkey burgers are so easy to make. Any level cook can make them in under 15 minutes. Here are step-by-step instructions:
In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey. Then, shred the yellow onion on top of the turkey using a box grated.
Then, add dijon mustard, garlic cloves, fresh parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Next, gently mix with hands and form 4 to 5 equal-sized patties
Clean the grill and heat to medium-high, between 375°F to 400°F. Make sure to grease your grill by using spray or dipping paper towels in oil and spreading across the grill.
Then, place turkey burgers on the heated grill, cover with the lid, and cook for 5 minutes until grill marks appear. Carefully flip the burgers on the grill for another 5 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Assemble your burgers on a regular or lettuce bun with red onion, avocado, tomato, lettuce, or toppings of your choice. Make sure to use a lettuce bun or keto-certified bun if you follow the keto diet.
What to serve with keto turkey burgers
You can serve these grilled turkey burgers in so many ways. It truly depends on your mood and preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- On a lettuce bun (keto friendly) – just cut a small head iceberg lettuce in half and use it as a “bun”
- In a salad (keto friendly) – I love this strawberry goat cheese salad
- Bunless with all the toppings
- On a toasted burger bun
- Add your choice of lettuce, tomato, red onion, or pickles
- With ketchup, mustard, or mayo
Are these burgers low carb?
These healthy grilled turkey burgers are low carb and keto since this recipe does NOT call for bread crumbs, flour, or any other grain. They are also gluten free and grain free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my turkey burgers dry?
If your turkey burgers are dry, you likely overcooked them. Make sure to keep an eye on the clock or use an meat thermometer. Turkey burgers are done when the center of the burger reaches 165°F.
Can I use 99% lean ground turkey?
I do not recommend using 99% lean ground turkey for this burger recipe. Since there are no bread crumbs or eggs, 99% lean turkey can result in a drier burger.
Are they gluten free?
Yes, these healthy grilled turkey burgers are 100% gluten-free.
Can I use a grill pan if I don’t have a grill?
Yes! Feel free to use a grill pan on the stovetop if needed. Heat it to medium-high, grease the pan, and follow the exact cooking instructions.
Can I freeze grilled burgers?
You can freeze grilled burgers. Just let them cool to room temperature, then store them in a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to enjoy them, heat them up in the microwave until warm or leave them in the refrigerator for a few hours to defrost before heating them on the stovetop.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Storing: For best results, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating: Reheat grilled turkey burgers in the air fryer for 3 – 5 minutes at 350°F or in the microwave for 45 – 90 seconds or until warm. You can also try the stovetop for 2 minutes on each side.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Burgers
- Healthy Pineapple Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Juiciest Grilled Turkey Burgers (Keto)
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey, (not 99%)
- 1 small yellow onion, or white onion
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey. Then using a box grated shred the yellow onion on top of the turkey.
- Add in dijon mustard, garlic cloves, fresh parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Gently mix with hands and form 4 to 5 equal-sized patties
- Clean the grill and heat to medium-high, between 375°F to 400°F. Make sure to grease your grill by using spray or dipping paper towels in oil and spreading across the grill. Read notes below if using a grill pan inside on stovetop.
- Place turkey burgers on the heated grill, cover with the lid and cook for 5 minutes until grill marks appear. Carefully flip the burgers on the grill for another 5 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Assemble your burgers on a regular or lettuce bun with red onion, avocado, tomato, lettuce, or toppings of your choice. If you are keto, use a lettuce bun or keto bun.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply