This is the best creamy cinnamon overnight oats recipe made with almond milk, rolled oats, and cinnamon. The perfect on-the-go breakfast that’s naturally sweet, gluten-free, and vegan!
Creamy cinnamon overnight oats
Overnight oats are the best! After the gym, I love enjoying my protein overnight oats. On other mornings, I love to eat these creamy cinnamon overnight oats. They are perfect for kids since we are not adding protein powder.
They are super creamy and have the best warm cinnamon flavor. It honestly reminds me of Fall and makes me want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and a book.
You only need 5 simple ingredients for this recipe, which makes them easy and also affordable.
Overnight oats are perfect for busy people. It is the ideal on-the-go breakfast, snack, and even dessert. You might laugh at that, but I love eating these overnight oats for dessert!
Is overnight oatmeal healthy?
Yes, overnight oatmeal is certainly healthy. First, it is made with simple ingredients that will leave you feeling good and full. Second, we use almond milk which is a great source of calcium and makes these cinnamon overnight oats vegan. Third, we add chia seeds which are high in Omegas.
This recipe calls for a handful of simple and healthy ingredients. You’ll need rolled oats, milk, and cinnamon. Here is a complete list of all the ingredients you will need:
- Almond milk: To soak these rolled oats, we use unsweetened almond milk. You’ll need 1/2 cup of either plain or vanilla-flavored almond milk.
- Rolled Oats: We use 1/2 cup of old fashion rolled oats in this recipe. Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if needed.
- Chia Seeds: For extra health benefits and omega 3’s.
- Maple Syrup: For a little sweetness.
- Cinnamon: The star of the show! Add 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon. This is entirely based on your preference.
- Vanilla Extract: This is optional but adds a lovely flavor to these creamy cinnamon overnight oats.
How to make cinnamon overnight oats
These overnight oats take 5 minutes to prepare; it’s that easy! Seriously, any level cook can make this delicious meal prep breakfast. Here are step-by-step instructions:
In a sealable mason jar or small container mix together the almond milk, rolled oats, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Stir with a spoon until it is all combined. Make sure all oats are submerged in the almond milk.
Then, add in cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
Next, place the lid on top of the jar or container to seal. Set in the refrigerator to soak overnight or for at least 6 hours and up to 5 days.
When you’re ready to serve, add sliced banana, walnuts, or any fruit on top. For extra sweetness add in a dash of maple syrup, honey, or add peanut butter. Enjoy chilled!
Fequently Asked Questions
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are similar to classic oatmeal recipes, but instead of heating the rolled oats to soften them, we soak them. When oats are soaked in milk, they absorb the liquid and become soft. They are even easier to digest than classic oatmeal since the fiber and starch content breaks down as they soak.
Can I use any milk?
Yes, you can use any milk for these overnight oats. Feel free to substitute the almond milk with cashew milk, oat milk, regular milk, or light coconut milk.
Are they vegan?
Yes, these cinnamon overnight oats are vegan since we use almond milk.
Are they gluten free?
Yes, these overnight oats are gluten free. Just remember to buy certified gluten free oats!
Can I eat overnight oats warm?
Personally, I love eating my overnight oats chilled. But, if you would like to eat them warm you can. Just place them into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 – 60 seconds.
Can I use steel-cut oats for overnight oats?
Don’t use steel-cut oats when making overnight oats. It will not yield the same creamy soaked oats.
Check these oatmeal recipes out next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Best Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- In a sealable mason jar or small container mix together the almond milk, rolled oats, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Stir with a spoon until it is all combined. Make sure all oats are submerged in the almond milk.
- Add in cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Place the lid on top of the jar or container to seal. Set in the refrigerator to soak overnight or for at least 6 hours and up to 5 days.
- When you’re ready to serve, add sliced banana, walnuts, or any fruit on top. For extra sweetness add in a dash of maple syrup, honey, or add peanut butter. Enjoy chilled!
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff / Healthful Blondie + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!