This is the best creamy cinnamon overnight oats recipe made with almond milk, rolled oats, and cinnamon. The perfect on-the-go breakfast that’s naturally sweet, gluten-free, and vegan!
The best cinnamon overnight oats
Overnight oats are the best! I love these peanut butter banana overnight oats and these protein overnight oats. On other mornings, I love to eat these creamy cinnamon overnight oats. They are perfect for kids since we are not adding protein powder.
They are super creamy and have the best warm cinnamon flavor. It honestly reminds me of Fall and makes me want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and a book.
You only need five simple ingredients for this recipe, making them easy and affordable. Mix everything together in a jar and let the oats soak overnight. Any level cook can make this super easy recipe.
You might laugh at that, but I love eating these overnight oats for dessert! Overnight oats are perfect for busy people. It is the ideal on-the-go breakfast, snack, and even dessert.
Why you’ll love this meal prep recipe:
- Easy 5-minute meal prep recipe.
- Creamy texture.
- Strong cinnamon flavor.
- Only 5 ingredients are required.
- They are healthy.
- No yogurt in this recipe.
- Cinnamon overnight oats are vegan and gluten-free.
- Ideal breakfast or snack for busy people.
- Kids will love them.
- Try these peanut butter banana overnight oats next!
Ingredients & substitutions
This recipe calls for a handful of simple and healthy ingredients. You’ll need rolled oats, milk, and cinnamon. Here is a complete list of all the ingredients you will need:
- Milk: We use unsweetened almond milk to soak these rolled oats. You’ll need 1/2 cup of either plain or vanilla-flavored almond milk. You can use any milk you want, though – feel free to try using skim, 2%, oat milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk.
- Rolled Oats: We use 1/2 cup of old fashion rolled oats in this recipe. Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if needed. You can use quick oats if needed, but it will be a softer texture. Don’t use steel-cut oats!
- Chia Seeds: For extra omega 3’s. You can also use hemp hearts.
- Maple Syrup: For a little sweetness. You can substitute maple syrup with honey.
- Cinnamon: The star of the show! Add 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon. This is entirely based on your preference.
- Vanilla Extract: This is optional but adds a lovely flavor to these creamy cinnamon overnight oats.
How to make cinnamon overnight oats
These overnight oats take 5 minutes to prepare; it’s that easy! Seriously, any level cook can make this delicious meal prep breakfast. Here are step-by-step instructions:
In a sealable mason jar or small container, mix together the almond milk, rolled oats, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Stir with a spoon until it is all combined. Make sure all oats are submerged in the almond milk.
Then, add in cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
Next, place the lid on top of the jar or container to seal it. Set in the refrigerator to soak overnight or for at least 6 hours and up to 5 days.
When you’re ready to serve, add sliced banana, walnuts, or any fruit on top. For extra sweetness, add in a dash of maple syrup, and honey, or add peanut butter. Enjoy chilled!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are similar to classic oatmeal recipes, but we soak them instead of heating the rolled oats to soften them. Oats absorb the liquid and become soft when they are soaked in milk. They are even easier to digest than classic oatmeal since the fiber and starch content breaks down as they soak.
What can I substitute the almond milk with?
You can use any milk for these overnight oats. Feel free to substitute the almond milk with cashew, oat, regular, or light coconut milk.
Is this overnight oats recipe vegan?
Yes, these cinnamon overnight oats are vegan since we use almond milk.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes, these overnight oats are gluten-free. Just remember to buy certified gluten-free oats!
Can I use quick oats for overnight oats?
Rolled oats are best for overnight oats; however, you can use quick oats too. The texture will be softer. but the overnight oats will still be delicious.
Can I use steel-cut oats for overnight oats?
Don’t use steel-cut oats when making overnight oats. It will not yield the same creamy oats.
Is overnight oatmeal healthy?
Yes, overnight oatmeal is certainly healthy. First, it is made with simple ingredients that will leave you feeling good and full. Second, we use almond milk, a great calcium source, making these cinnamon overnight oats vegan. Third, we add chia seeds which are high in Omegas.
Can I eat overnight oats warm?
I love eating my overnight oats chilled. But, if you would like to eat them warm, you can. Just place them into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 – 60 seconds.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Protein Chocolate Chip Baked Oats
- Vegan Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Baked Oats without Banana
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Best Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- In a sealable mason jar or small container mix together the almond milk, rolled oats, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Stir with a spoon until it is all combined. Make sure all oats are submerged in the almond milk.
- Add in cinnamon and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Place the lid on top of the jar or container to seal. Set in the refrigerator to soak overnight or for at least 6 hours and up to 5 days.
- When you’re ready to serve, add sliced banana, walnuts, or any fruit on top. For extra sweetness add in a dash of maple syrup, honey, or add peanut butter. Enjoy chilled!
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff / Healthful Blondie + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!