High Protein Cinnamon Banana Chia Oatmeal
The most delicious thick and creamy high protein cinnamon banana chia oatmeal! This easy to make healthy breakfast recipe is full of wholesome and simple ingredients like rolled oats, chia seeds, banana, almond milk, and egg whites. Made gluten free, no sugar added, dairy free. The best single serve stovetop oatmeal recipe without protein powder!
Best ever single serve protein oatmeal
TI’ve been an oatmeal lover since college and haven’t turned back since. But let’s be honest, stovetop oatmeal is so much better than microwaved oatmeal. That is why I am so excited to share this high protein single serve oatmeal recipe with you all! Once you try this thick and creamy oats recipe, you’ll never look at oatmeal the same!
Oatmeal was a staple in my house. It is such a healthy, easy, and versatile breakfast. You can add any toppings you want and pair it with any flavor combination! I think this cinnamon banana chia oats recipe is by far my favorite. I always add lots of peanut butter to my bowl.
I’m warning you now… these oats so addictive and are going to be your new favorite breakfast!
Is oatmeal good for you?
Long story short…. YES!!! Oatmeal and oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. Rolled oats have so many health benefits it is hard to count! I love them because…..
- Oats are high in fiber and antioxidants
- Super satisfying & filling
- Gluten free and vegan friendly
- 100% whole grain
- The best healthy breakfast ever
When you eat a bowl of these thick and creamy oats, you’re not getting the perfect amount of fiber and whole grains, but you are also getting a hearty dose of protein from the egg whites & potassium from the banana. Not to mention the antioxidants & protein from the chia seeds!
Definitely the best breakfast ever.
Ingredients in creamy stovetop protein oats.
Every single ingredient used to make healthy banana protein oatmeal was hand selected to create the most satisfying and tasty breakfast! You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy recipe going:
- Rolled oats – we use certified gluten free oats to make these cookies totally gluten free.
- Egg white – the secret to making these creamy oats thick and high in protein! Making this breakfast recipe all natural, organic, and healthy!
- Almond milk – ideal for making these protein oats thick and creamy!
- Chia seeds – use black or white chia seeds to get a healthy dose of antioxidants, omega-3s, and extra protein! Chia seeds also help to thicken up this oatmeal recipe.
- Ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Easy substitutions for thick cinnamon protein oats
You guys probably know by now that I love simple and easy recipes! If you don’t love every ingredient in this one, I am here to help you out with a list of the very best substitutions!
Almond milk: Simply substitute with any milk or plant milk!
Egg: If you don’t have an egg, no worries! You can use 2 – 3 Tablespoons of liquid egg whites.
Pro tips to making the creamiest protein oats
I love thick and creamy oats! Here are my secret hacks to making the best, most fluffy, stovetop protein oats:
- Add your rolled oats to the water while you bring it to a boil. Most recipes tell you to add your oats after the water is boiling, but trust me this is better! This will help soften the oats and make them perfectly tender!
- Whip your egg whites in fast. Make sure you whip your egg whites into the oats after they are done cooking by mixing fast with a spatula for 20 seconds. Don’t worry the heat from the oats will cook the egg white!
- Keep the temperature at a simmer. If your pot is too hot, then your oatmeal will burn and stick to the bottom.
- Add in almond milk, not just water. This is necessary and ideal for making these protein oats thick and creamy!
How to make healthy stovetop oatmeal
My favorite thing about this simple and easy breakfast (besides the taste of course) is how easy it is to make! This single serve stovetop oatmeal recipe is the absolute perfect healthy breakfast full of protein.
First, in a small saucepan, bring the water and rolled oats to a boil. It sounds weird adding the oatmeal to the water before it is boiling, but this hack will help soften the oats! Next, reduce the heat to a simmer (medium/low) and cook oats for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
After that, add in your almond milk, mashed banana, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until oatmeal thickens. Make sure to stir occasionally.
Once oatmeal is at the desired consistency, remove from heat and whip in the egg white. You want to stirring fast with a spatula for 20 seconds until the egg whites are cooked in.
Serve immediately, top with banana, cinnamon, berries, honey, and/or nut butter, and enjoy your fluffy high protein cinnamon banana chia oatmeal!
Oatmeal topping ideas
There are so many fun toppings for this high protein cinnamon banana chia oatmeal recipe!
Some of my favorites include banana slices, blueberries, strawberries, sprinkle of chia seeds, coconut flakes, nuts, and a drizzle of nut butter.
Peanut butter is my favorite topping because it adds hearty dose of protein and healthy fats to keep you full for longer!
The best single serve oatmeal recipe!
One of my favorite things about this stovetop oatmeal recipe is that it is single serve! It takes 8 minutes to make and there is no need to worry about storing extras!
If you are meal prepping, you can double or triple this recipe and store extras in a sealed airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days! Simply add a splash of almond milk or water to the oatmeal before heating it up in the microwave.
If you liked this breakfast recipe, you’ll want to try these!
- Healthy Fluffy Chunky Monkey Banana Pancakes
- Mini French Toast Bagels
- Healthy Homemade Apple Pie Granola
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
The most delicious thick and creamy high protein oatmeal! This easy to make healthy breakfast recipe is full of wholesome and simple ingredients and is made gluten free, no sugar added, dairy free. The best single serve stovetop oatmeal recipe made without protein powder!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon, more to taste
- pinch of salt, optional
- 1 egg white
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and rolled oats to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer (medium/low) and cook oats for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in almond milk, mashed banana, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until oatmeal thickens, sitting occasionally.
- Once oatmeal is at the desired consistency, remove from heat and whip in the egg white, stirring fast with a spatula for 20 seconds.
- Serve immediately and top with banana, cinnamon, berries, honey, and/or nut butter.
Can substitute almond milk for any milk.
Can substitute fresh egg white with 3 Tbsp of liquid egg whites.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal, high protein breakfast, high protein oatmeal, single serve oatmeal recipe, healthy oatmeal, healthy breakfast, protein oats, protein oatmeal, protein breakfast, banana oatmeal, stovetop oatmeal, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, no sugar, breakfast, rolled oats, cinnamon, cinnamon banana oatmeal, thick oatmeal, thick oats, creamy oatmeal
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!