Best ever healthy peanut butter granola that is chunky, sweet, and perfectly crisp. Made with simple and clean ingredients, this nutritious homemade granola is the ideal breakfast, addition to yogurt bowls, and a healthy snack. Ideal for meal-prep and made gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free!
The Best Ever Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
I am obsessed with peanut butter!! I put it on everything…. from oatmeal to pancakes to yogurt bowls to brownies and cookies. There is simply nothing better than a perfectly salted, creamy peanut butter.
And let’s not forget about granola. Without even trying, I think I could down an entire bag in a day. But, let’s be honest, store-bought granola is expensive. One small bag costs nearly $8! That’s why I am so excited to share my favorite peanut butter granola recipe with you guys! You’ll be able to make double the quantity for half the price.
One of the best things about this simple homemade peanut butter granola is the fact that you can make a huge batch over the weekend and enjoy it all week. It is the perfect healthy meal-prep recipe for people rushed in the mornings! Plus, this healthy granola is super customizable; use any type of nuts and easily double the recipe. Your kids and family will love it!
Anyways, you can probably tell by now that granola is definitely my favorite snack and go-to breakfast. It just adds the perfect sweet and salty crunch to anything! I love adding a handful on top of my yogurt bowls in the morning or simply enjoying it with some almond milk.
Safe to say, this homemade peanut butter granola is going to be your go to healthy granola recipe! It is truly the perfect crumbly, nutty, and crunchy granola.
How I Made This Peanut Butter Granola Healthier:
This sweet and salty homemade peanut butter granola is clean, nutritious, and incredible tasty! To make this crunchy peanut butter homemade granola, you only need a few very simple ingredients, all of which are healthier alternatives to what you’ll find in store-bought brands. There are no preservatives or random ingredients in this recipe!
Here are three ways that I made this vegan granola recipe more nutritious and health-friendly without taking away from the taste!
- Used coconut oil to keep the granola moist and crisp! Refined coconut oil has no taste, so don’t worry if you don’t like the flavor of coconut (like me!). But, in all honest, you can use any oil you’d like!
- Maple syrup instead of sugar. Pure maple syrup has got to be my favorite natural sweetener! It is the perfect sweet touch to this salty, nutty granola. It also helps crisp granola up!
- Using old-fashion rolled oats to boost fiber and healthy fats! Rolled oats work better than steel-cut or quick oats for granola!
Ingredients in Vegan Peanut Butter Granola
You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For this easy gluten-free snack recipe, you’ll need peanuts, maple syrup, and of course, rolled oats and peanut butter!
- Old Fashion Rolled Oats – make sure to use gluten-free rolled oats if you are gluten-free!
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup – the key to this granola’s natural sweetness!
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil
Easy Ingredient Substitutions for Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
You guys probably know by now that I love simple and easy recipes! If you don’t love every ingredient in this one, I am here to help you out with a list of the very best substitutions!
Are you Gluten-Free? Make sure you use gluten-free rolled oats!
Maple Syrup: Simply use honey instead!
Peanuts: Use any type of nuts you want! Walnuts, pecans, and almond will also taste great!
Coconut oil: Use refined or un-refined (depending on your taste).
Looking for other tasty snack recipes? Check these out!
What You’ll Need to Make Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Granola
For this easy breakfast recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! You’ll need a mixing bowl to make the healthy granola and an oven to bake it.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Stirring Utensil
- Measuring cups: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to Make the Best Ever Peanut Butter Granola
My favorite thing about this simple and easy peanut butter granola recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy they are to make! This recipe is the absolute perfect addition to any meal; plus, this peanut butter granola is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free!
First, preheat your oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, peanuts, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
Now, its time to add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and/or honey, vanilla extract, and peanut butter. Mix very well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated.
Next, pour the granola onto your lined baking sheet and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
Bake until lightly golden, about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. If you want big chunks, make sure to pat down the granola with you spatula again after stirring half way though. Make sure you do not burn your granola, it will further crisp up as it cools outside the oven!
Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes) and enjoy!
Store your homemade healthy peanut butter granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Store Extra Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
Make extra? No worries, save extras in a sealed airtight container at room temperature for 1 – 2 weeks or in a sealed freezer safe bag for 3 months.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Best Ever Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, peanuts, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour and mix peanut butter mixture into the large bowl until every oat and nut is lightly coated.
- Once fully combined, press onto lined parchment paper – spread into flat layer.
- Baked for 15-18 minutes, stirring halfway. Make sure to press down granola into flat layer again after mixing. Granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Let COMPLETELY for at least 30 - 45 minutes before breaking apart.
- Store in airtight container on the counter for 1 – 2 weeks.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!