The best no-bake 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls that are easy to make in 5 minutes, healthy, and gluten free. The perfect meal prep breakfast, snack, and dessert!
My favorite healthy no bake peanut butter snack
This might be my favorite snack recipe on my blog! Not kidding. Personally, before these energy bites, I always struggled to find filling snacks that were healthy. But don’t worry, problem solved!
These peanut butter oatmeal balls are easy to make with only three simple ingredients: rolled oats, creamy peanut butter, and honey. The peanut butter binds them together, the honey adds a little natural sweetness, and the oats are full of fiber and a dash of protein!
Plus, they make for the perfect meal prep breakfast, snack, and dessert. Make these peanut butter oat balls on a Sunday and enjoy them all week long! They keep wonderfully for weeks in the refrigerator and freezer.
Are they gluten free?
Yes, these 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls are gluten free if you use certified gluten free rolled oats. Just look for the label at the grocery store!
Make them vegan:
Make these three-ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls vegan by using maple syrup in place of the honey. Read instructions in the recipe card below! You will need to let the oat mixture chill in the fridge for 15 – 25 minutes before rolling the balls out if you use maple syrup.
Ingredients in three ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls
You are going to love how easy these peanut butter oatmeal balls are to make – they only require 3 basic ingredients: honey, peanut butter, and rolled oats. You certainly have all the ingredients at home already!
- Rolled Oats: For protein and fiber, add in 1 + 1/2 cups of old fashion rolled oats.
- Peanut Butter: Grab your favorite salted and creamy peanut butter to bind these 3 ingredient energy oatmeal balls together! Make sure it is really smooth because the dry stuff will not work! Check out my photos above for reference!
- Honey: This makes these 3 ingredient energy oatmeal balls perfectly sweet without any added refined sugars – it’s all-natural!
Kitchen tools required
To make 3 ingredient energy oatmeal bliss balls, you need to following kitchen tools:
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Tools: 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/2 cup.
How to make 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls
These no-bake 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls come together in 5 minutes in one mixing bowl! Just add all the ingredients to the bowl, mix, and then roll out 10 to 15 golf-sized balls. They’re simply perfect for sharing with the family, meal prep as a snack, or to bring to a party!
Begin by mixing all ingredients together.
Then, using your hands or a cookie scooper, form 10 – 15 balls. Tip: You may need to wet your hands a little if the dough is super sticky.
You can enjoy your 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls immediately or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7 – 10 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use quick oats?
Old fashioned rolled oats are best for these energy balls; however, if you do not have them on hand, you can certainly use quick oats. The texture will be softer. Do not use steel-cut oats!
Can I use maple syrup instead of honey?
This is a common question. I highly recommend using honey since it is naturally stickier than maple syrup and helps bind these energy balls together. If you use maple syrup, you need to let the “dough” chill in the fridge for 15 – 25 minutes before rolling out the energy balls.
What is the best type of peanut butter to use?
Creamy peanut butter is best! Stay away from dry and oily ones that will not bind the oats together to form energy balls.
Can I freeze them?
Yes, you can freeze these 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls for up to 3 months. Add them to a freezer-safe sealed bag or container and store them in the freezer. When ready to enjoy, let them sit at room temperature for 15 – 20 minutes, or place in refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours.
How to store leftovers:
For best results, store leftovers for meal prep breakfast, snack, and dessert in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Trail Mix Energy Balls
- Oatmeal Blueberry Banana Muffins
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free if necessary
- ¾ cup salted creamy peanut butter, I recommend all-natural
- ¼ cup honey, room temperature for best results
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Using your hands or a cookie scooper, form 10 – 15 balls. Tip: you may need to wet your hands a little if the dough is super sticky.
- Enjoy immediately and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7 – 10 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply