Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles
Healthy no-bake peanut butter cookie dough truffles that are rich, delicious, and perfect for any occasion! Made with simple and minimal ingredients like almond flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vegan dark chocolate, these truffles are nutritious, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined-sugar-free. A true family favorite, especially for all those peanut butter lovers!
The BEST healthy salted cookie dough truffles ever!
It is hard to put it into words how tasty this healthy dessert is. The combination of the cold, peanut-buttery inside, with the crunch from the chocolate shell, is game-changing.
Growing up, I never actively asked my parents for chocolate candies and truffles. They were okay, but so many of them had all these weird after tastes. I wasn’t a big fan and was definitely more of an ice cream and cookie dough kind of girl. Whenever my mom would bake, I would literally beg my mom to let me eat raw leftover cookie dough straight from the bowl
I was a bit hesitant to make these given my history with truffles; but, boy, I am SO HAPPY I did! They are delicious. This is one of the best no-bake recipes on my blog!
These healthy peanut butter cookie dough truffles are sweet, rich and the texture is perfection. The nutty flavor from the crunchy peanut butter combined with the natural sweetness from maple syrup is heavenly.
I am a huge fan of the use of crunchy, salted peanut butter in this recipe. It elevates these no-bake healthy peanut butter truffles with that extra crunch factor. I can’t tell you why, but every time I eat one now, I feel so happy. It’s the same feeling I had as a little girl when I would steal the leftover cookie dough bowl and lick it clean.
Ingredients in healthy crunchy peanut butter truffles?
These cookie dough truffles are so easy to make and don’t require any fancy kitchen equipment! You just need a good old spatula, a large mixing bowl, some parchment paper, and a baking tray that fits into your freezer.
This easy recipe calls for minimal and nutritious ingredients. And, one of the best things about this healthy vegan dessert is that you probably have all the ingredients you need to make these cups in your pantry already!
- Salted Crunchy Peanut Butter – I am in love with everything peanut butter! And what better way to get the natural crunchy nutty flavor than using all-natural peanut butter. I use salted peanut butter here, so if you don’t, I recommend adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the recipe.
- Almond Flour – The best gluten-free, paleo flour options for baking!
- Plant Milk – I love to use almond milk, but seriously, any type will work!
- Maple Syrup – Baking with maple syrup is like baking with nature’s candy. I love everything about it! It is the perfect all-natural sweetener for this healthy dessert.
- Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate – I love a good dark chocolate! This recipe calls for any type. You can use a vegan brand like HU Chocolate or even a Paleo one like Enjoy Life Chocolate. Anything will work for this recipe!
- Coconut Oil
I mean, you guys know I seriously love peanut butter. It is one of the best foods created and tastes wonderful with everything! If you are anything like me, you will LOVE these healthy peanut butter cookie dough truffles. They are unreal.
Check out my latest healthy dessert recipes!
How to make healthy salted peanut butter cookie dough truffles.
This recipe is so simple and really easy to make. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in less than 35 minutes! And all you need is baking sheet, parchment paper, a mixing bowl, a freezer, and a microwave.
Here, I’ll walk you through the steps to make this delicious, healthy, and nutty cookie dough truffles!
First, line a baking tray that will fit in your freezer with parchment paper.
Then, in a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, plant milk, vanilla extract, and almond flour with a spatula. Chill the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes while you prepare the chocolate.
Add your favorite vegan or paleo dark chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and add in the coconut oil. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir. Microwave again for 20 seconds. Stir. Continue this process until your chocolate is completely melted. You do not want to burn the chocolate.
Next, using your hands, roll around 10 golf-sized balls and dunk each one into the chocolate. I fish mine out using two forks or spoons and place them on the lined baking sheet. Now, decorate with an extra chocolate drizzle & some coarse sea salt.
Take the vegan chocolate covered cookie dough balls and freeze for another 20 minutes.
I highly recommend storing them in the fridge like me. It makes them taste so much better. Trust me.
How to store these incredibly RICH & DELICIOUS truffles?
For best results, store in the fridge for up to 7 days in a covered airtight container or freezer for up to 1 – 2 months. If you freeze, let the healthy peanut butter cookie dough truffles thaw at room temperate for 10 to 15 minutes before serving!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Healthy no-bake peanut butter cookie dough truffles that are rich, delicious, and perfect for any occasion! Made with simple and minimal ingredients like almond flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vegan dark chocolate, these truffles are nutritious, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined-sugar-free.
- 1/2 cup salted crunchy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp plant milk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbs almond flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Line a baking tray that will fit in your freezer with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, plant milk, vanilla extract, and almond flour. Mix with a spatula. Chill the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes while you prepare the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, add chocolate and coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir. Microwave again for 20 seconds. Stir. Continue this process until your chocolate is completely melted. You do not want to burn the chocolate.
- Using your hands, roll around 10 golf-sized balls and dunk each one into the chocolate. I fish mine out using two forks or spoons and place them on the lined baking sheet. Decorate with an extra chocolate drizzle & some coarse sea salt. Freeze for another 20 minutes.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy dessert, healthy chocolate truffles, peanut butter, peanut butter dessert, healthy peanut butter dessert, peanut butter truffles, no bake dessert, freezer fudge
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!