Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Banana Muffins
Healthy peanut butter & jelly banana muffins that are deliciously moist and fluffy. This easy pb&j muffin recipe is made in one bowl and full of good for you ingredients like all natural peanut butter, almond flour, honey, and a dash of raspberry jam! They’re the perfect gluten free on the go snack, breakfast, or even late-night treat.
Best ever peanut butter jelly banana muffins
I have got to admit I just love peanut butter and jam. And what better way to celebrate a classic like peanut butter and jelly sandwich than in muffin form?! It not only brings back all the childhood memories, but it is objectively the best food combination!
And this right here has got to be one of my all-time favorite muffins recipe! They are light, moist, perfectly sweetened, and absolutely addictive. My family and I finished a batch in one afternoon! The creamy peanut butter flavor in combination with the sweet jam and caramelized banana is out of this world. Each bite melts in your mouth.
Plus, they’re the perfect make-ahead recipe to keep on hand for healthy snacking or for an on-the-go breakfast. Safe to say, these best ever pb&j banana muffins are truly delightful and are going to be your new favorite healthy snack recipe. Y’all are going to love these muffins OMG!
Are banana muffins healthy?
The term “healthy” is all relative. I consider these moist peanut butter and jelly banana muffins to be very healthy because you only need a few very simple good-for-you ingredients. They are filling and super nourishing! Plus, there are absolutely no preservatives, no refined sugars, and no random ingredients!
- Naturally sweetened with the banana and a dash of honey, making these refined sugar free.
- Almond flour adds lots of vitamin E, fiber, and a little protein.
- The peanut butter adds protein and healthy fats.
- Bananas are packed with potassium, folate, and antioxidants.
- These banana muffins are dairy free!
Ingredients in peanut butter jelly muffins
You’ll only need a handful, simple ingredients to get this peanut butter muffin recipe going! You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For these naturally sweetened banana muffins, you’ll need some almond flour, honey, bananas, and, of course, lots of peanut butter and jam!
- Over-Ripe Bananas: You will need 2 large bananas, which should amount to about 1 cup when mashed.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: 1/3 cup of creamy all-natural peanut butter is used for the favor and keeps these muffins super moist. I highly recommend using peanut butter with peanuts (and salt) as the only ingredients.
- Honey: My favorite sweetener, add 3 Tbsp of honey, an all-natural refined sugar-free option that tastes fantastic!
- Eggs: This muffin recipe calls for 2 eggs, key for the fluffy texture.
- Vanilla Extract: A dash. of vanilla goes a long way in flavor! Add 2 tsp.
- Almond Flour: This recipe uses almond flour for a healthy twist, making them grain-free & gluten-free. You’ll need 2 cups.
- Baking Soda: Add 1 tsp of baking soda to make these muffins rise!
- Cinnamon: 1 tsp of cinnamon adds an incredible depth of flavor to these banana muffins.
- Raspberry Jam: Can’t have pb&j muffins without the jelly!
If you find yourself missing an ingredient or two for these banana muffins, try these! I recommend substituting no more than 1-2 ingredients.
- Salted Peanut Butter: swap 1 for 1 with unsalted peanut butter and add an additional 1/4 tsp of salt!
- Honey: Swap out the honey or another liquid sweetener. I recommend trying maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Raspberry Jam: You can use any type of jam or jelly you like for this muffin recipe! Try strawberry, blueberry, or mixed berry.
What you’ll need to make these muffins
For this easy gluten-free banana muffin recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! Grab your mixing bowl and spatula, because this kid friendly snack recipe could not be any simpler! Here’s a quick list of kitchen utensils you’ll need to make these pb&j muffins:
- One large mixing bowl
- Cupcake Tin
- Muffin Liners
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring tools: 1 teaspoon, 1/3 cup, and 1 cup.
How to Make Peanut Butter Jelly Banana Muffins
This grain free muffin recipe is so simple and really easy to make. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in 30 minutes and have a delicious on the go breakfast, snack, and dessert ready for the entire week! Here, I’ll walk you through the steps to make these delicious, healthy peanut butter jam banana muffins.
First, let’s preheat the oven to 350 F and line a cupcake tin with liners.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, creamy peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Then, add in almond flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix until completely combined.
Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
Then, add 1 teaspoon of naturally sweetened jam on top of each muffin and use the back of a spoon to swirl the jam into the top layer of the batter.
Bake for 24 – 26 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool & enjoy your pb&j muffins!
How to store leftover pb&j muffins
Make extra healthy peanut butter jam banana muffins? No worries, I love to save my extras in a sealed airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or store in the refrigerator for up to 6 days!
Can I freeze muffins?
Yes! You can also freeze these pb&j muffins for up to 3 months. Simply thaw frozen muffins overnight in the refrigerator and warm in the microwave (if desired) before enjoying.
More healthy baked goods recipes to check out:
Craving more (healthier) baked goods? Here are some tasty & fun snack, breakfast, and dessert recipes from Healthful Blondie:
- Healthy Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- Spiced Carrot Orange Muffins
- Grain-Free Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Blondies
- Healthy Cookie Dough Cake Bars
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Healthy pb&j banana muffins that are deliciously moist and fluffy. This easy muffin recipe is made in one bowl and full of good for you ingredients. They’re the perfect gluten-free on-the-go snack, breakfast, or even late-night treat!
- 1 cup mashed over-ripe banana (about 3 medium or 2 large bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 12 tsp raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cupcake tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, whisked eggs, creamy peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add in almond flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix until completely combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Add 1 teaspoon of naturally sweetened jam on top of each muffin. Use the back of a spoon to swirl the jam into the top layer of the batter.
- Bake for 24 – 26 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool & enjoy!
Can substitute unsalted peanut butter for salted peanut butter, just add 1/4 tsp salt.
TO STORE: In an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, refrigerator for 7 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator and warm in microwave (if desired) before enjoying.
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
Keywords: Healthy Peanut Butter Jelly Banana Muffins, banana bread muffins, peanut butter banana muffins, almond flour muffins, peanut butter and jelly muffins, pb&j muffins, peanut butter muffins, gluten-free muffins
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!