Healthy almond flour peanut butter & jelly banana muffins that are deliciously moist, fluffy, and gluten free. This easy pb&j muffin recipe is made in one bowl and full of good for you ingredients like all natural peanut butter, honey, and a dash of raspberry jam! They’re the perfect on the go snack, breakfast, or even late-night treat.
Best ever peanut butter jelly banana muffins
I have got to admit I just love peanut butter and jam. And what better way to celebrate a classic like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich than in muffin form?! It not only brings back all the childhood memories, but it is objectively the best food combination!
And this right here has got to be one of my all-time favorite muffins recipe! They are light, moist, perfectly sweetened, and absolutely addictive. My family and I finished a batch in one afternoon! The creamy peanut butter flavor in combination with the sweet jam and caramelized banana is out of this world. Each bite melts in your mouth.
Plus, they’re the perfect make-ahead recipe to keep on hand for healthy snacking or for an on-the-go breakfast. Safe to say, these healthy jelly muffins are truly delightful and are going to be your new favorite healthy snack recipe. Y’all are going to love these muffins OMG!
Are almond flour banana muffins healthy?
The term “healthy” is all relative. I consider these moist peanut butter and jelly banana muffins to be very healthy because you only need a few very simple good-for-you ingredients. They are filling and super nourishing! Plus, there are absolutely no preservatives, no refined sugars, and no random ingredients!
- Naturally sweetened with the banana and a dash of honey, making these refined sugar free.
- Almond flour makes these muffins gluten free and grain free!
- The peanut butter adds protein and healthy fats.
- Bananas are packed with potassium and antioxidants.
- These banana muffins are dairy free!
You’ll only need a handful, simple ingredients to get this peanut butter muffin recipe going! You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For these naturally sweetened banana muffins, you’ll need some almond flour, honey, bananas, and, of course, lots of peanut butter and jam!
- Over-Ripe Bananas: You will need 2 large bananas, which should amount to about 1 cup when mashed.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: 1/3 cup of creamy all-natural peanut butter is used for the favor and keeps these muffins super moist. I highly recommend using peanut butter with peanuts (and salt) as the only ingredients.
- Honey: My favorite sweetener, add 3 Tablespoons of honey, an all-natural refined sugar-free option that tastes fantastic!
- Eggs: These healthy jelly muffins calls for 2 eggs, key for the fluffy texture.
- Vanilla Extract: A dash. of vanilla goes a long way in flavor! Add 2 teaspoons.
- Almond Flour: This recipe uses almond flour for a healthy twist, making them grain-free & gluten-free. You’ll need 2 cups for this gluten free banana muffins recipe.
- Baking Soda: Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to make these muffins rise!
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon of cinnamon adds an incredible depth of flavor to these banana muffins.
- Raspberry Jam: Can’t have pb&j muffins without the jelly!
If you find yourself missing an ingredient or two for these banana muffins, try these! I recommend substituting no more than 1-2 ingredients.
- Salted Peanut Butter: swap 1 for 1 with unsalted peanut butter and add an additional 1/4 tsp of salt!
- Peanut Butter: You can even use almond butter to make these almond butter and jelly banana muffins.
- Honey: Swap out the honey or another liquid sweetener. I recommend trying maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Raspberry Jam: You can use any type of jam or jelly you like for this muffin recipe! Try strawberry, blueberry, or mixed berry.
Kitchen tools you’ll need
For this easy gluten-free banana muffin recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! Grab your mixing bowl and spatula, because this kid friendly snack recipe could not be any simpler! Here’s a quick list of kitchen utensils you’ll need to make these pb&j muffins:
- One large mixing bowl
- Cupcake Tin
- Muffin Liners
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring tools: 1 teaspoon, 1/3 cup, and 1 cup.
How to Make Peanut Butter Jelly Banana Muffins
This grain free muffin recipe is so simple and really easy to make. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in 30 minutes and have a delicious on the go breakfast, snack, and dessert ready for the entire week! Here, I’ll walk you through the steps to make these delicious, healthy peanut butter jam banana muffins.
Step 1: First, let’s preheat the oven to 350 F and line a cupcake tin with liners.
Step 2: Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, creamy peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Then, add in almond flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix until completely combined.
Step 3: Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
Step 4: Then, add 1 teaspoon of naturally sweetened jam on top of each muffin and use the back of a spoon to swirl the jam into the top layer of the batter.
Step 5: Bake for 24 – 26 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool & enjoy your healthy almond flour banana muffins!
Fequently Asked Questions
Are these muffins gluten free?
Absolutely! We use almond flour, which makes these banana muffins gluten free.
Can I use strawberry jelly?
You can use whatever jelly you want! I used raspberry because it is my favorite, but feel free to try strawberry, mixed berry, blueberry, apricot, or whatever you like.
Can I use almond butter?
Yes! Make these peanut butter banana muffins into almond butter and jelly banana muffins by swapping the peanut butter out for creamy almond butter.
How to store leftover pb&j muffins?
Make extra healthy peanut butter jam banana muffins? No worries, I love to save my extras in a sealed airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or store in the refrigerator for up to 6 days!
Can I freeze muffins?
Yes! You can also freeze these pb&j muffins for up to 3 months. Simply thaw frozen muffins overnight in the refrigerator and warm in the microwave (if desired) before enjoying.
More muffin recipes to check out!
Craving more (healthier) baked goods? Here are some tasty & fun snack, breakfast, and dessert recipes from Healthful Blondie:
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Banana Muffins
- 1 cup mashed over-ripe banana, about 3 medium or 2 large bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 12 tsp raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cupcake tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, whisked eggs, creamy peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add in almond flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix until completely combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Add 1 teaspoon of naturally sweetened jam on top of each muffin. Use the back of a spoon to swirl the jam into the top layer of the batter.
- Bake for 24 - 26 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool & enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!