Healthy Banana Crumb Muffins
Fluffy banana crumb muffins that are healthy, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and kid-friendly. Made with simple and delicious ingredients, these muffins are perfect as a breakfast addition, afternoon treat, or even a pre-workout snack. Made with homemade oat flour, bananas, almond flour, and sweetened with maple syrup, these light, and scrumptious muffins are a must bake!
Have too many bananas lying around and sick of banana bread? Try these healthy banana crumb muffins!
I am seriously “banana bread-ed” out. I have been baking and eating so much of it. In a desperate attempt to put my browned bananas to use, I came up with this fun recipe. My little mess around in the kitchen turned out to be one of my family’s favorite muffin recipe! I have been receiving tons of messages on Instagram about how good these are. A must bake in my book.
This fun take on banana bread is truly tasty and a family favorite. I love eating these with yogurt in the morning and even as a little afternoon pick me up snack. They only take 15 minutes to prep and 20 – 25 minutes to cook. So simple and easy! Plus the fluff factor on these guys is unreal.
One of the best things about these muffins is the crumb topping! It is light, healthy, sweet and melts in your mouth. Just look at it…. how delicious!!
How to make homemade oat flour?
You do not need to buy oat flour at the grocery store for a totally crazy price to make these muffins. I all for saving money and connivence! All you need is rolled oats and a blender.
Simply blend your favorite brand of rolled oats in a blender for around 20 to 30 seconds until smooth. It should be a “flour” consistency. One of the best baking hacks!
How to store these fluffy muffins?
I absolutely LOVE to stock up on these bad boys. They are the perfect breakfast or snack staple. For best results, store in a covered container for 2 – 4 days at room temperature. Or freeze up to 2 months in an airtight ziplock bag or container.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Fluffy banana crumb muffins that are healthy, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and kid-friendly. Made with simple ingredients and naturally sweetened with maple syrup, these light, and scrumptious muffins are a must bake!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp oat flour *
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oat flour *
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 2.5 TBS melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a cupcake tin with baking cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork. Add in the whisked egg, vanilla extract, maple syrup, yogurt, and coconut oil. Fully combine.
- Now whisk in almond flour, coconut sugar, oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add all crumb topping ingredients and combine. Should be a sand texture.
- Fill baking cups with muffin mixture and generously and evenly sprinkle the crumb topping on top of all muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving, and enjoy!
* MAKE YOUR OWN OAT FLOUR: simply blend your favorite brand of rolled oats in the blender for around 20 to 30 seconds until smooth. It should be a “flour” consistency.
- Category: Breakfast & Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy muffins, healthy banana muffins, banana crumb muffins, healthy banana crumb muffins, healthy breakfast, healthy snack, muffin recipe, gluten-free, nut butter-free
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!