Healthy apple pie muffins that are fluffy, moist, and incredibly tasty. These gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and kid-friendly muffins made with simple and delicious ingredients, are perfect as a breakfast addition, afternoon treat, or even a pre-workout snack. Made with apple sauce, oat flour, almond flour, and sweetened with maple syrup, these light, and scrumptious muffins are a must bake!
Missing the Fall? In love with apple pie?
Yes, these fluffy muffins are most certainly for you. This fun take on apple pie is truly tasty and a family favorite! I made these around 2 pm and they were gone by 10 pm. No joke.
I think the BEST part of these muffins is the texture. Their fluff factor is off the charts. So moist and scrumptious. And they taste with fall and apple pie. Um, what?? Perfection.
I love to enjoy these bad boys in the morning paired with some yogurt and even with a little nut butter before an afternoon workout. I could not recommend these anymore, a true must bake in my books!
Ingredients in healthy apple pie muffins
Ok so heres the deal. These muffins are SO easy to make. You do not need to be a baker or cook by any means. Here is what you’ll need:
- Apple Sauce
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Greek yogurt
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour
- Rolled oats – I’ll teach you how to make your own homemade oat flour!
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Just look how FLUFFY these muffins are. They are the perfect house warming or Thanksgiving day bake. I know what I’ll be bringing my family this year. I can’t even begin to describe how addictive and scrumptious these are. Plus they are gluten-free and refined sugar-free. Count me in!
What are the best baking tools for these apple pie muffins?
I’ve got you covered! Here is a list of my kitchen baking tool staples:
- Muffin/cupcake tin – super easy to clean and non-stick!
- Reusable silicone baking cups – these are amazing and dishwasher safe! I’ve had mine for over a year now and they are still in perfect condition.
- Recyclable brown baking cups – great for convenience and the cups I use in my food pictures!
These are so worth it….. trust me!
How to store these fluffy apple pie muffins?
I absolutely LOVE to stock up on these bad boys. They are the perfect breakfast or snack staple. For best results, store in a covered container for 2 – 4 days at room temperature. Or freeze up to 2 months in an airtight ziplock bag or container.
Did you make these apple pie muffins?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Healthy Apple Pie Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp 0% greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp oat flour *, see notes
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 - 2 Tbsp rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a cupcake tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg.
- Add in the apple sauce, vanilla extract, maple syrup, yogurt, melted coconut oil, and cinnamon. Fully combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Once fully combined, add into the larger bowl with wet ingredients.
- Fill baking cups with muffin mixture and sprinkle some rolled oats on top of all muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving, and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!