Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Healthy chocolate chip pumpkin muffins that are fluffy, moist, easy to make, and incredibly tasty. Made with simple ingredients like pumpkin puree, almond flour, homemade oat flour, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup, these muffins are perfect for breakfast, a snack, and even a late-night dessert. Plus they are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free!
The Best Ever Healthy Pumpkin Muffins.
Holy smoke friends, these chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are a true delight. The texture is incredible; they are fluffy, soft, yet somehow super moist. I made these on a Saturday morning for me and my roommates — there are three of us combined — and we finished them in less than 4 days!
There is something about these bad boys that makes them different to a classic pumpkin muffin. I think its the texture, no joke. They are airy, light, super moist, and the perfect amount of pumpkin.
These healthy pumpkin breakfast muffins are naturally gluten-free, low carb, sweetened with maple syrup, and extremely easy to make. It only took me 10 minutes to make the delicious batter, and 20 minutes to bake!
My friends and I are officially obsessed with these gluten-free healthy pumpkin muffins. They are so fluffy and moist, that you will never be able to tell they are gluten-free. The warm pumpkin spice spices in these healthy muffins really make it feel like Fall time. I just love the feeling!
These pumpkin breakfast muffins are a must bake!
I have been counting down the days until I can start creating fall recipes, and the time has finally come. It is officially PUMPKIN season! Catch me making fall recipes up until the very last moment once December hits.
How to enjoy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
These healthy pumpkin spice muffins are ideal for breakfast, snacks, additions to yogurt bowls, and even as dessert after dinner! Personally, I love enjoying one or two as a little afternoon pick-me-up snack. They so moist, fluffy, and give me the ideal amount of energy to get my through the afternoon before dinner!
One of the best things about these healthy chocolate chip pumpkin muffins is that they only take 10 minutes to prep and 20 – 25 minutes to bake, making them meal prep friendly. So simple and easy! Plus the fluff factor is unreal.
One of the best parts about this healthy gluten-free pumpkin muffins is that it is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and the addition of the crunchy chocolate chips. As you could probably already tell, I love to bake with maple syrup. Not only is it all-natural, but it gives baked goods the perfect amount of sweetness without having to add any refined-sugar, making these chocolate chip healthy pumpkin muffins perfect for everyone, even sweet tooths.
Ingredients to make healthy pumpkin muffins.
These nutritious pumpkin spice muffins are not only healthy but they are also gluten-free and dairy-free. I would seriously give this delicious and easy recipe a go. Plus, it only calls for a handful of ingredients that are all-natural, simple, and probably already in your pantry already!
- Pumpkin Puree – buy it canned or make your own. I am in love with pumpkin everything! And what better way to get the natural flavor of pumpkin that using fresh pumpkin puree.
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup – Baking with maple syrup is like baking with nature’s candy. I love everything about it! It is the perfect all-natural sweetener for this healthy dessert.
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour – my favorite gluten-free flour. Almond flour keeps these muffins moist and low carb,!
- Rolled oats – Essentially to this recipe and to making homemade oat flour. Used gluten-free rolled oats or regular rolled oats!
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice – the most important ingredient in these muffins! It gives them the perfect fall, pumpkin pie flavor.
- Chocolate chips – I love chocolate chips. Use dairy-free, vegan, or regular ones!
How to make healthy chocolate chip pumpkin pie muffins
These healthy chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are super easy to make. You seriously do not need to be a professional baker or cook by any means. It’s so easy that you could most likely do it with your eyes closed. I promise.
Here, I’ll walk you through the steps.
Next, in a large bowl, whisk the egg with a fork.
When ready, add your pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil to the large bowl with the whisked egg. In order to melt your coconut oil, just place a little into a microwave-safe bowl and heat on 20-second intervals until melted. Then measure the desired amount and pour it into the bowl.
Next, you’ll make your homemade oat flour with rolled oat! In a blender, add your rolled oats and completely blend until a flour-like consistency. This trick not only comes in super handy for baking but saves you a ton of money!
Now, add the almond flour, homemade oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder to the large bowl and mix by hand until fully combined.
Now, fold in however many chocolate chips you want in by hand with a spatula and evenly fill the cupcake liners.
You can even add a few extra chocolate chips on top!
And voila! Easy, healthy chocolate chip pumpkin muffins made with almond flour and other wholesome ingredients.
They are perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or a post-dinner dessert!
How to store these healthy pumpkin spice muffins?
For best results, store in a covered container for 2 – 4 days at room temperature. Or freeze up to 2 months in an airtight ziplock bag or container. Reheat in the microwave if frozen.
Check out some other YUMMY gluten-free recipes!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Healthy chocolate chip pumpkin muffins that are fluffy, moist, gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-carb. Made with simple ingredients, these muffins are perfect for breakfast, snack, and dessert.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup homemade oat flour *
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a cupcake tin with reusable baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and pumpkin spice. Fully combine with spatula or whisk.
- Make homemade oat flour: in a blender, add 1.5 cups of rolled oats, and blend on high for 45 seconds or until a “flour” consistency. Should make about 1 cup of oat flour.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, homemade oat flour, and baking powder. Once fully combined, add into the larger bowl with wet ingredients.
- With a spatula, fold in the desired amount of chocolate chips. Save some to sprinkle on top!
- Fill baking cups with muffin mixture and sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top of all muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving, and enjoy!
* MAKE YOUR OWN OAT FLOUR: simply blend your favorite brand of rolled oats in the blender for around 20 to 30 seconds until smooth. It should be a “flour” consistency.
- Category: Breakfast & Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Paleo, pumpkin muffins, healthy pumpkin muffins, chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, healthy chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, gluten free muffins, gluten free, gluten free pumpkin muffins, dairy free, dairy free muffins, healthy breakfast, healthy snack, healthy dessert
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!