Healthy Peanut Butter Bread
An easy peanut butter bread recipe that is healthy, made in one bowl, and perfect for breakfast, snack, and dessert. This simple gluten free and keto peanut butter bread loaf is made with almond flour, is low carb, and is perfectly moist with crispy edges. The peanut butter flavor is incredible!
The best peanut butter bread recipe
I love peanut butter! Anyone else? I am so obsessed that I have it once or twice a day without fail. That is why I am so excited to share this one bowl, kid friendly, warm peanut butter bread recipe with you!
This delicious peanut butter bread has the perfect peanut taste without being too overpowering. It is moist and slightly gooey on the inside but has a crisp crust. Plus, it is made with almond flour, which makes this peanut butter bread recipe keto, low carb, grain free, gluten free, and low carb!
When trying to describe this loaf, the first thing that comes to mind is a warm and soft peanut butter cookie. When I say this is my favorite breakfast ever, I am not kidding. It is a healthy version of a peanut butter cookie in bread form!
Let’s not forget that this keto peanut butter bread recipe is made from simple ingredients and uses absolutely no refined sugars! This bread is naturally sweetened with a dash of maple syrup. I can’t wait for you to make this bread; seriously the perfect healthy snack, breakfast, and dessert!
Why you’ll love this peanut butter bread recipe:
- Simple ingredients. Healthy peanut butter bread only uses whole and simple ingredients that are good for you.
- No refined flours or grains. This recipe doesn’t rely on refined flours and instead calls for almond flour to give you a gluten free breakfast or snack.
- No added refined sugar. Rather than refined sugar this almond flour peanut butter bread relies on pure maple syrup for sweetness.
- Super moist and gooey. I absolutely love the texture of this peanut butter bread recipe. It is slighly dense and gooey on the inside, yet crisp with a crunch on the outside.
- Easy to make. With only a few simple ingredients and one bowl, this low carb and keto peanut butter bread is easy to make and can be enjoyed throughout your week as meal prep!
- Perfect for kids. Kids will absolutely love this peanut butter bread; it is the perfect healthy snack.
Ingredients in gluten free peanut butter bread
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it requires minimal ingredients! Everything you need to use to make this bread is easy to find and good for you! Here is what you will need for the best peanut butter loaf:
- Egg: First up, whisk one large egg in a bowl.
- Almond Milk: Add in 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon on almond milk. You can use unsweetened vanilla or unflavored; both are great!
- Maple Syrup: To naturally sweeten this bread and keep it low in sugar for breakfast, add 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup.
- Vanilla Extract: 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract goes along way flavor-wise.
- Peanut Butter: Add in 1/2 cup of smooth all natural peanut butter, which is peanut butter that only has peanuts (and salt) as the ingredients. It should be nice and runny. Do not use a Skippy equivalent brand.
- Almond Flour: For the flour portion of this bread, we use 2 cups of almond flour (a great low carb flour). This makes this healthy peanut butter bread keto, low carb, grain free, and gluten free.
- Baking powder: Add in 2 teaspoons of baking powder NOT baking soda.
- Salt: If you did not use salted peanut butter, add in 1./4 teaspoon of salt.
- Chocolate Chips: For an extra chocolate crunch, add in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. This is optional, but it tastes so good! I love these sugar-free chocolate chips.
Kitchen tools used
I try to use simple and minimal kitchen tools in all of my recipes and this one certainly does that. You will only need a few basic kitchen utensils in order to make this low carb peanut butter loaf. You’ll need a large mixing bowl to combine everything, a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips, a 5×9 inch bread tin to bake the peanut butter loaf in, and measuring tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make peanut butter bread
Whether you are preparing this healthy peanut butter bread for breakfast or as a snack for the week, this recipe is so easy to make. With only a few simple steps you will have the best treat that everyone will love! Here is how to make the best peanut butter bread step by step:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and lightly greasing or lining a 5×9 inch bread tin with parchment paper.
Then, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Once mixed, add in the creamy peanut butter and whisk until fully combined.
Now, add in your dry ingredients. Combine the almond flour, baking powder, and salt with your peanut butter mixture and thoroughly mix the batter. Hand fold in the chocolate chips then pour the batter into the greased bread tin and sprinkle any remaining chocolate chips on the top of the loaf.
Bake the almond flour peanut butter bread for 38 – 43 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown with slightly crispy edges. Let the loaf cool before serving and enjoy!
Is peanut butter bread healthy?
Yes! If you are looking for a new healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert, this peanut butter bread recipe is a great option. It is made from simple and healthy ingredients and is completely gluten free, dairy free, and grain free. This recipe only uses maple syrup for natural sweetness and swaps in almond flour instead of any refined grains, making this a healthy and low carb keto peanut butter bread recipe.
This recipe uses real all-natural peanut butter which is packed with healthy fats and super nutritious. One slice of this peanut butter bread will leave you satisfied, full, and nourished!
Recipe tips for moist peanut butter bread
- Do not over mix your batter. We want this bread to rise and be nice and light. Over mixing or overworking the batter will create a tougher bread texture. I recommend mixing in the almond flour in gently until it is just combined.
- Grease and line your bread tin with parchment paper. Using parchment paper allows you to easily remove the bread from the tin once cooled. This prevents the bread from breaking and crumbling when you try to cut a slice. There is no need to scrape the sides of your tin with a knife.
- Do not overbake; you want a dense and soft center! I love that the bread is soft and moist in the center, so make sure to keep an eye on the clock and not overbake it.
- Let it cool COMPLETELY before cutting into it. Once the bread is baked, give it time to cool before cutting into it so it will not fall apart. The loaf needs time to rest!
Frequently Asked Questions
What to enjoy peanut butter bread with?
The possibilities are endless for how you can enjoy this tasty peanut butter bread recipe! I love topping mine with some fresh raspberry jam or some extra peanut butter. It makes for the perfect morning bread. If you are enjoying this bread as a dessert, try it with some vanilla ice cream and treat it like a peanut butter cookie or healthy peanut butter cake!
Is this peanut butter bread keto?
Yes! This recipe is keto since it is low carb. Rather than using refined grains, this recipe uses almond flour for the batter. In addition, it has zero refined sugars.
Is this peanut butter loaf sugar free?
Yes, this recipe has no refined sugars. It is naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup making it refined sugar-free!
Is peanut butter bread a healthy breakfast?
Yes, I love eating healthy peanut butter bread for breakfast! It is great on its own or if you want to add any toppings like fresh fruit, jam, butter, or more peanut butter it is delicious. I usually heat mine up in the microwave for 10 seconds for extra yumminess.
Can I freeze peanut butter bread?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze peanut butter bread. Simply prepare the bread as normal, let it cool completely, then and store it in freezer safe bags or a container for up to 3 months. You can store the entire loaf or individual slices. When you are ready to enjoy simply thaw at room temperature. You can also reheat it in the oven at 350F for 5 – 10 minutes or in the microwave after being thawed.
How to store leftovers
Store this peanut butter loaf at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days. Simply place the cooled bread in tupperware or any type of covered container. Enjoy leftovers at room temp or reheat them in the microwave for 10 – 30 seconds.
If you loved this healthy snack recipe, check these out!
Need some more healthier, easy, and simple snack recipes? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie recipes to try out….
- Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Banana Muffins
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Crumb Cake
- Mini Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
An easy peanut butter bread recipe that is healthy, made in one bowl, and perfect for breakfast, snack, and dessert. This simple gluten-free and keto peanut butter loaf is made with almond flour, is perfectly moist and gooey with crispy edges. The peanut butter flavor is incredible!
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups super-fine almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and lightly grease or line a 5” x 9” bread tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add in peanut butter and mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Add in almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Hand fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased bread tin and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 38 – 43 minutes, or until golden brown with slightly crisp edges.
- Let cool completely before serving, and enjoy!
It is VERY IMPORTANT to let this bread completely cool (at least 1 hour) before slicing.
DO NOT substitute the almond flour with coconut flour or almond meal.
You can try to substitute the maple syrup with agave syrup or honey.
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
Keywords: healthy peanut butter bread, peanut butter bread, peanut butter loaf, gluten free, keto peanut butter bread, grain free, low carb
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!