The most refreshing, homemade high protein acai bowl with over 39 grams of protein and made with banana, blueberries, acai powder, and Greek yogurt. Top with your favorite granola for the perfect healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert!
The best healthy protein acai bowl
I love smoothies and smoothie bowls! I love they are healthy, easy to make, and super refreshing. They are the perfect snack, breakfast, post-workout refuel, and dessert.
One of my favorites is this banana peach protein smoothie, but I love this homemade protein acai bowl when I am in the mood for something more filling and higher in protein.
This homemade acai bowl recipe is healthy, easy to make in 5 minutes, and packed with protein. We use simple and nourishing ingredients like frozen bananas, frozen blueberries, acai powder, greek yogurt, almond milk, and protein powder.
You get over 39 grams of protein per acai bowl! But, let’s not forget all the fun toppings you can add. I love homemade granola, banana slices, fresh berries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, honey, and bee pollen.
I cannot wait to hear what you think of this protein-packed healthy acai bowl recipe! It is a family favorite in my household.
Why you’ll love this high protein recipe
- Over 39 grams of protein
- Super refreshing
- Healthy acai smoothie bowl recipe
- Take 5 minutes to make in a blender
- No bake
- Easily turn it into a smoothie
- Use acai powder or frozen acai packs
- Healthy and high-protein breakfast, snack, and dessert
This protein acai bowl recipe is so easy to make – simply grab a high-speed blender or food processor, and let’s get cooking! Any level cook can make this healthy no-bake snack, breakfast, and dessert recipe.
- Banana: First up, grab one frozen banana and chop it up so it blends smoothly – this is my secret ingredient to making this acai bowl extra thick. You can use a fresh banana, but you may need to add ice to thicken the smoothie up.
- Frozen Blueberries: This adds flavor, nutrients, and volume to this protein acai bowl.
- Greek Yogurt: Add in 1/2 cup of 0% or 2% Greek yogurt for extra protein. It also makes this acai bowl super smooth.
- Protein Powder: You’ll need 1 scoop of vanilla or plain protein powder. I used whey, but plant protein works perfectly too!
- Acai Powder: This is what makes this acai bowl taste authentic and delicious. If you don’t have acai powder, you can use 1 package of frozen acai.
- Milk: Finally, you’ll need 1/3 cup of milk. I used oat milk, but almond or cow’s milk works too! This helps form the smoothie bowl.
Kitchen tools required
You only need a few kitchen utensils to make this high protein acai bowl. Here is a list:
- High-speed blender or food processor
- Measuring Tools: 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make a homemade high protein acai bowl
This high protein acai bowl comes together in three simple steps. First, add all the ingredients to a blender; second, blend until super thick and smooth; and, finally, decorate the acai bowl with your favorite toppings. Here are step-by-step instructions:
First, add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
Then, blend until smooth and creamy. For a thinner acai smoothie bowl, add more milk. For a thicker one, add a bit more frozen banana or 1 – 3 ice cubes.
After that, pour into a bowl and top with your choice of toppings. I love granola, banana slices, strawberry slices, coconut flakes, chia seeds, bee pollen, and a drizzle of honey.
Enjoy your high-protein healthy acai bowl!
I love this recipe as is, but if you need to make a few ingredient substitutions, no problem! Here are my recommendations:
- Frozen Banana: Use a room temperature banana. Simply add 2 – 4 ice cubes to make the smoothie bowl thick.
- Frozen Blueberries: Use frozen mixed berries or strawberries. They taste great too!
- Greek Yogurt: You Skyr or your favorite dairy-free yogurt (like coconut or almond milk yogurt).
- Protein Powder: Use collagen instead. Collagen has 30 grams of protein per serving.
- Oat or Almond Milk: Use cow’s milk, cashew milk, skim milk, or soy milk.
- Acai Powder: Use 1 package of frozen acai.
What to top acai bowls with
You can top your homemade acai bowl with so many things – the options are endless! Here is a list of my favorites:
- Homemade nutty granola
- Coconut flakes
- Bee pollen
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Sliced banana
- Fresh berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries
- Cacao nibs
Frequently Asked Questions
How many grams of protein are in this recipe?
There are 39 grams of protein in this acai bowl.
Can I make it vegan?
To make this acai bowl 100% vegan, substitute the Greek yogurt with almond milk yogurt, coconut yogurt, or your favorite dairy-free alternative. Also, make sure to use plant protein powder.
Are acai bowls gluten free?
Acai bowls are gluten free. Simply ensure that you are using gluten-free granola.
Is it healthy?
This protein acai bowl recipe is certainly healthy. It is packed with nutrients and vitamins. Plus, it is high in protein from both protein powder and Greek yogurt. There is no added sugar, and it is gluten free, grain free, and low fat.
How many calories are in an acai bowl?
Acai bowls range from 300 to 600 calories. This protein acai bowl recipe has 464 calories.
Can I freeze an acai bowl?
You can easily freeze acai bowls for meal prep. Simply prepare the smoothie bowl without toppings, add it to a freezer save container, and freeze for up to 6 months. When you are ready to enjoy your acai bowl, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge for 30 minutes.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
High Protein Acai Bowl
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt, 0% or 2%
- 1 scoop vanilla or plain protein powder, whey or plant
- 1 ½ Tbsp acai powder
- ⅓ cup oat milk or almond milk
- Topping Options: granola, coconut flakes, bee pollen, chia seeds, sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries, cacao nibs, honey.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. For a thinner acai smoothie bowl, add more milk. For a thicker one, add a bit more frozen banana or 1 – 3 ice cubes.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your choice of toppings. I love granola, banana slices, strawberry slices, coconut flakes, chia seeds, bee pollen, and a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply