Healthy Homemade Apple Pie Granola
Best ever healthy homemade apple pie granola! Made with 9 simple and clean ingredients like apples, walnuts, rolled oats, and maple syrup, this nutritious granola is the ideal breakfast, snack, or dessert. Plus it’s made low-sugar, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan!
The Best Ever Apple Pie Granola
I do not know how else to say this…. THIS IS MY FAVORITE HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECPE EVER!
I’ve made my Nutty Granola & Peanut Butter Granola a 100 times each and I love them, but this recipe right here is next level. This homemade apple pie granola reminds me of Fall. It is crispy, perfectly spiced with nutmeg & cinnamon, and has the best warm & cozy feeling.
I love snacking on this cinnamon apple granola, enjoying it in the morning with yogurt bowls, and even having a bowl with milk for dessert. It’s not overly sweet, and seriously tastes like APPLE PIE!! Plus it is perfect for meal prep, athletes, kids, and families.
Safe to say, this is going to be your go to healthy granola recipe! I cannot wait for you to try 🙂
How I Made This Homemade Granola healthier:
This sweet and salty homemade cinnamon apple granola is clean, nutritious, and incredible tasty! To make this crunchy homemade granola, you only need a few very simple ingredients, all of which are healthier alternatives to what you’ll find in store-bought brands. There are no preservatives, no added sugars, and no random ingredients in this recipe!
- I used coconut oil to keep the granola moist and crisp! Refined coconut oil has no taste, so don’t worry if you don’t like the flavor of coconut (like me!). But, in all honest, you can use any oil you’d like!
- Sweetened naturally with maple syrup instead of sugar. Pure maple syrup has got to be my favorite natural sweetener! It is the perfect sweet touch to this salty, apple granola. It also helps crisp granola up!
- Using old-fashion rolled oats to boost fiber and healthy fats! Rolled oats work better than steel-cut or quick oats for granola!
- Added walnuts for healthy fats and Omega-3s.
Ingredients in Vegan Cinnamon Apple Granola
You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For this easy gluten-free snack recipe, you’ll need fresh apples, maple syrup, and of course, rolled oats!
- Old Fashion Rolled Oats – make sure to use gluten-free rolled oats if you are gluten-free!
- Red Apple – I used a honey crisp!
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup – the key to this granola’s natural sweetness!
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil
Easy Ingredient Substitutions for Apple Pie Granola
You guys probably know by now that I love simple and easy recipes! If you don’t love every ingredient in this one, I am here to help you out with a list of the very best substitutions!
Are you Gluten-Free? Make sure you use gluten-free rolled oats!
Maple Syrup: Simply use honey instead!
Walnuts: Use any type of nuts you want! Almond, pecans, and peanuts will also taste great!
Coconut oil: Use refined or un-refined (depending on your taste).
Nutmeg: You can substitute with an additional 1/2 tsp of cinnamon!
Looking for other tasty granola recipes? Check these out!
What You’ll Need to Make Low-Sugar Granola
For this easy breakfast recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! You’ll need a mixing bowl to make the healthy granola and an oven to bake it.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Stirring Utensil
- Cutting Board & Knife
- Measuring cups: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to Make the Ultimate Apple Pie Granola
My favorite thing about this simple and easy homemade granola recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy they are to make! This recipe is the absolute perfect addition to any meal; plus, this apple pie granola is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free!
First, preheat your oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, walnuts, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cubed red apples. Stir to blend.
Now, in a smaller bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and/or honey, and vanilla extract. Mix very well, and pour over the dry ingredients until every oat and nut is lightly coated.
After that, pour the granola onto your lined baking sheet and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
Bake until lightly golden, about 30 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. If you want bigger chunks, make sure to pat down the granola with your spatula again after stirring halfway through. Make sure you do not burn your granola, it will further crisp up as it cools outside the oven!
Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 20 minutes) and enjoy!
Store your homemade apple pie granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, in the fridge if you like cold granola, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Store Extra Homemade apple granola
Make extra? No worries, save extras in a sealed airtight container at room temp or in the fridge for 7 – 10 days. You can save any extras for up to 3 months in the freezer!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Best ever healthy homemade apple pie granola! Made with 9 simple and clean ingredients, this nutritious granola is the ideal breakfast, snack, or dessert. Plus it’s made low-sugar, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan!
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cubed apples.
- In a smaller bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix well, pour over dry ingredients, and stir until all oats are completely coated.
- Next spread the granola on the lined baking sheet in an even layer and press down using a spatula.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until golden brown. Gently stir halfway through.
- Let cool for at least 15 – 20 minutes before breaking apart. Granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container for 7 days (room temperature or refrigerated).
If gluten-free make sure oats are gluten-free.
Can substitute walnuts for pecans, almonds, or any nut.
- Category: Breakfast & Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy granola, homemade granola, apple granola, apple pie granola, gluten free, gluten free granola, healthy apple pie granola, healthy homemade apple pie granola, cinnamon, walnuts, cinnamon granola, granola, apples, dairy-free, vegan, vegan granola, no sugar, refined sugar free, breakfast, snack, healthy breakfast, healthy snack
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!