These no-bake frozen yogurt berry granola bars are the perfect healthy summer treat. They’re gluten free, refined sugar free, and made in your freezer. Each square has 6 grams of protein!
The best yogurt granola bars
I love frozen yogurt! It’s the perfect refreshing treat on a hot day. I eat it almost every day now that I live in Austin, Texas, where it’s 100°F or higher every day during the Summer.
You are going to love these homemade frozen yogurt granola bars! They are made with healthy ingredients like vanilla yogurt, rolled oats, fresh berries, and a little maple syrup. They are packed with protein and are made gluten-free too with the perfect amount of sweetness.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is no-bake! That means you can easily make this healthy dessert in your freezer and you don’t need to bake the granola in the oven.
They make for a great Fourth of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day snack and dessert. and your kids will love them!
Why you’ll love this healthy recipe
- 6 grams of protein per square
- No-bake freezer recipe
- Healthy dessert and snack
- Refreshing frozen treat
- Gluten free and refined sugar free
- Use vanilla yogurt, Greek yogurt, or Skyr
- Festive healthy treat for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day
- Very customizable with lots of substitutions and variation options
This simple no-bake dessert has two parts: the granola base and the frozen yogurt and berry topping. You only need a few simple ingredients! Here is a list, so you have everything prepared:
No-Bake Granola Base:
- Old Fashion Rolled Oats: We use rolled oats for the base of the frozen yogurt bars. Make sure to use gluten-free certified ones if needed.
- Nut Butter: Then, add in 1/3 cup of almond or peanut butter to help the granola base stick together. This is important because we aren’t baking the granola in the oven.
- Maple Syrup or Honey: For a little natural sweetness add either honey or maple syrup. There is no refined sugar in this healthy recipe!
- Vanilla Extract: I love the taste of vanilla and 1 teaspoon goes a long way flavor wise.
- Cinnamon: Just a dash of cinnamon for the best taste.
- Salt: For that perfect sweet and salty combo.
Yogurt & Berry Topping:
- Vanilla Yogurt or Skyr: Grab your favorite vanilla yogurt or skyr. I used Siggi’s Vanilla Skyr, but any yogurt or Greek yogurt will work! I highly recommend using a vanilla-flavored one.
- Berries: I used a combination of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries! They add the best natural sweetness and flavor. Feel free to use raspberries too.
Kitchen tools required
You only need three kitchen utensils to make these frozen yogurt berry granola bars. Here is a list:
- 9″ x 9″ Baking Dish
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Tools: 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make layered frozen yogurt granola bars
These frozen yogurt granola bars are so easy to make. They only take a few minutes to prepare before freezing them. Here are step-by-step instructions:
First, line an 8×8″ or 9×9″ baking dish with parchment paper and set it to the side.
Next, we’ll make the granola base by combining all the granola ingredients in a large bowl and mixing with a spatula. Then, add the oat mixture to the lined baking dish and use a spatula to firmly press and spread it in an even layer across the bottom of the dish. It’s important to “pack” the granola base.
After that, add the vanilla yogurt or skyr to the top and spread across the granola base in an even layer. Top with the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and/or blackberries.
Finally, place the baking dish in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set, or until the yogurt is solid. Remove from the freezer and cut into squares. Enjoy cold and store leftovers in the freezer.
Frozen yogurt granola bar variations
Frozen yogurt bars are super customizable! Here are a few ideas:
- Frozen Peach Yogurt Bars: Replace the berries with peach slices. You can also use peach flavored yogurt.
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Yogurt Bars: Sprinkle 2 – 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top with the berries. You can also remove the berries completely.
- Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Bars: Drizzle 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on top of the yogurt before freezing.
- Frozen Yogurt Banana Bars: Replace the berries with slices of banana. So good!
- Frozen Yogurt Pineapple Bars: Replace the berries with small pineapple chunks. You can also use pineapple flavored yogurt.
Don’t worry if you are out of a few ingredients or want to make a quick substitution. Here is a list of my ingredient substitution recommendations:
- Vanilla Yogurt: Feel free to use your favorite flavor of yogurt. You can use strawberry, blueberry, maple, banana, or peach-flavored yogurt too!
- Rolled Oats: You can use quick oats. Do not use steel-cut oats.
- Maple Syrup: Use honey or date syrup.
- Make them Nut Free: Use sun butter or tahini instead of the almond butter or peanut butter.
- Make them Vegan: If you’re vegan, use dairy-free yogurt (coconut or almond milk yogurt are great).
Can I use frozen berries?
You can use frozen or fresh berries for these yogurt granola bars. You can substitute the fresh berries in a 1-to-1 ratio with frozen ones or use 2/3 cups of frozen mixed berries.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many grams of protein are in each serving?
There are 6 grams of protein per frozen yogurt granola square. This recipe yields 12 squares total.
Are they gluten free?
These yogurt granola bars are 100% gluten free. Make sure that you use gluten-free certified rolled oats.
Can I make them nut free?
Make these yogurt granola bars nut-free by using sun butter or tahini instead of the peanut butter or almond butter.
Can I make them vegan?
You can make these frozen yogurt granola bars vegan by using coconut yogurt, almond milk yogurt, or your favorite dairy-free alternative.
Can I use plain Greek yogurt?
I do not recommend using plain greek yogurt as the bars will not be as flavorful and sweet. If you do, I recommend mixing the yogurt with 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double this recipe. Simply use a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
How to store leftovers:
Store leftover yogurt granola bars in the freezer. Make sure to store them in a freezer-safe container or bag.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- High Protein Acai Bowl
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Frozen Yogurt Granola Bars
No-Bake Granola Base:
- 1 ½ cups old fashion rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- ⅓ cup nut butter, almond butter or peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
Yogurt Fruit Layer:
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt or skyr, I love Siggi's Vanilla Skyr
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries and/or blackberries, cut in half (optional berry)
- Line an 8×8” or 9×9” baking dish with parchment paper and set it to the side.
- Make the Granola Base: In a large mixing bowl, combine all the granola ingredients and mix with a spatula. Then, add the oat mixture to the lined baking dish and use a spatula to firmly press and spread it in an even layer across the bottom of the dish. It’s important to “pack” the granola base.
- Assemble: Add the vanilla yogurt or skyr to the top and spread across the granola base in an even layer. Top with the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries.
- Freeze: Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set, or until the yogurt is solid. Remove from the freezer and cut into squares. Enjoy cold and store leftovers in the freezer.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!