No-bake edible protein cookie dough is the perfect healthier 5-minute dessert that everyone will love! It’s vegan, gluten-free, made with vanilla protein powder, and has no eggs, so you can eat it safely by the spoonful!
The best healthy protein cookie dough
This sweet protein cookie dough is made with the simplest ingredients and comes together in your food processor in under 5 minutes. From all-natural almond butter to vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and coconut flour, this edible protein powder cookie dough is so delicious.
You might be thinking… chickpeas… no, thank you! But I PROMISE you cannot taste them at all. In fact, I use the chickpeas in this recipe to make the cookie dough smooth, buttery, and extra protein-packed.
One of the best parts about this recipe is that it truly only takes 5 minutes. There is no prep time or refrigeration time. So if you are in need of a fast but tasty high protein, vegan dessert, this recipe is for you!
What makes this recipe healthy?
This edible protein cookie dough is healthy for many reasons.
- Simple Ingredients. We only use 7 simple, commonly used pantry ingredients for this high protein cookie dough. There are no artificial colors, ingredients, or preservatives.
- Vegan. This cookie dough is vegan, so it is safe to eat raw. There are no eggs.
- Gluten Free. We use coconut flour instead of regular flour with makes this cookie dough gluten free and also unprocessed.
- High Protein. Each 1/4 cup of cookie dough has 9 grams of protein. This is the perfect high-protein dessert!
- No Butter. Instead of butter, we use chickpeas and almond butter. Trust me, it is better!
This no-bake protein powder cookie dough is made without eggs. It comes together in 5 minutes with a handful of simple and healthy ingredients. In fact, you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already. Here is a list of ingredients, so you have every prepared:
- Chickpeas: First up, we need one 15-ounce can of unsalted chickpeas. You will need to drain and rinse them first.
- Almond Butter: To make this protein powder cookie dough super creamy. You can use salted or unsalted.
- Maple Syrup: Adding maple syrup gives this cookie dough natural sweetness. Maple syrup also adds flavor!
- Vanilla Extract: You’ll need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to give the homemade protein cookie dough the best flavor.
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Add your favorite brand of vanilla protein powder for flavor and protein.
- Sugar: For that much-needed sweetness, add granulated sugar or coconut sugar.
- Coconut Flour: This helps to thicken up this edible cookie dough and give it the classic cookie dough texture.
- Chocolate Chips: Finally, you’ll need 1/2 cup of chocolate chips!
Protein Cookie Dough Variations:
You can have fun with this protein cookie dough recipe! Here are some ideas:
- Peanut Butter Protein Cookie Dough. Use peanut butter instead of almond butter!
- Birthday Cake Cookie Dough. Add 1/3 cup of sprinkles into the protein cookie dough with the chocolate chips or in place of the chocolate chips.
- Oreo Protein Cookie Dough. Instead of the chocolate chips, add 1/2 cup of crushed Oreos.
- M&M Protein Cookie Dough. Instead of the chocolate chips, add 1/2 cup of your favorite m&m flavor.
How to make edible protein cookie dough
This homemade protein cookie dough is not only super delicious, but it only takes 5 minutes to make! In fact, all you need is a food processor and measuring cups. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions for any level cook:
Drain and rinse chickpeas under cold water for at least 30 seconds. Then gently pat dry with a paper towel.
After that, add chickpeas to a high-speed food processor and blend for 30 – 45 seconds until completely smooth.
Next, add almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend for an additional 30 – 45 seconds until completely mixed. The mixture should not have any lumps or chickpea pieces in it.
Then, add protein powder, sugar, and coconut flour. Pulse and blend for another 30 seconds until the mixture resembles cookie dough.
Finally, remove the blade and fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
Enjoy immediately with a spoon or add protein cookie dough to an airtight mason jar or container and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Best enjoyed when left at room temperature for 5 – 10 minutes.
The taste & texture
Protein cookie dough is sweet and doughy. It tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough! The main flavors come from the vanilla protein powder, almond butter, and vanilla extract.
This no-bake edible cookie dough is soft, slightly sticky, and super doughy. You can enjoy it at room temperature or chilled in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is cookie dough safe to eat raw?
Not all cookie dough recipes are safe to eat raw. If there are eggs in the recipe, do not eat them raw. Since this recipe is vegan and there are NO EGGS, you can safely eat this protein cookie dough unbaked.
Can I substitute the almond butter?
You can certainly substitute the almond butter with peanut butter, cashew butter, pecan butter, or even sun butter if you are allergic to nuts.
Can you taste the chickpeas?
No! You cannot taste the chickpeas in this cookie dough recipe. Chickpeas are used to give this protein cookie dough a buttery, smooth texture without adding any butter!
What is the best protein powder to use?
I highly recommend using vanilla protein powder. You can also try cookie dough flavored.
Should I use pea protein or whey protein powder?
You can use either. I have tried this edible protein cookie dough with both whey and pea protein, and they both taste fantastic.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double this recipe. Just make sure your food processor is big enough and will not overflow.
Is this protein cookie dough vegan?
Yes, this recipe is 100% vegan since there are NO eggs and NO butter.
How to store leftovers:
Store leftovers in an airtight mason jar or container and refrigerate for up to 1 week. This protein cookie dough is best enjoyed when left at room temperature for 5 – 10 minutes.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Edible Protein Cookie Dough
- Drain and rinse chickpeas under cold water for at least 30 seconds; then gently pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add chickpeas to a high-speed food processor and blend for 30 – 45 seconds until completely smooth.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend for an additional 30 – 45 seconds until completely mixed. The mixture should NOT have any lumps or chickpea pieces in it.
- Add protein powder, sugar, and coconut flour. Pulse and blend for another 30 seconds until the mixture resembled cookie dough.
- Remove the blade and fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Enjoy immediately with a spoon or add protein cookie dough to an airtight mason jar or container and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Best enjoyed when left at room temperature for 5 – 10 minutes.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!