Best ever sheet pan chicken with crispy balsamic glazed brussel sprouts. This delicious oven roasted dinner is healthy and yields tender caramelized veggies and moist chicken. Made gluten free, dairy free, grain free, and low fat. An easy one pan dinner your family and kids will love!
The best healthy oven roasted balsamic glazed chicken and crispy vegetables
Raise your hand if you love easy and simple dinner recipes!! Because I sure do. Especially one pan meals because clean up is so easy!
Let me just tell you, this easy 25 minute sheet pan balsamic chicken dinner is the BEST! The crispy balsamic glazed brussel sprouts and onion slices are incredibly tender on the inside, yet slightly charred on the outside. Each bite melts in your mouth. Also, let’s not forget about the balsamic glaze because who doesn’t love balsamic chicken and veggies!?
I love to double the recipe and save extras for lunch and dinner meal prep. I’m telling you, once you try this healthy sheet pan chicken with crispy balsamic glazed brussel sprouts, you’ll be addicted like me!
Ingredients in sheet pan chicken with crispy balsamic glazed brussel sprouts
You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy one pan dinner recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. Kind of crazy how flavorful this recipe is!
- Skinless chicken breasts: the perfect source of lean protein! I love chicken breasts
- Brussel sprouts: brussel sprouts could be my favorite vegetable! They must be cooked to perfection with a crispy and charred outside and tender inside! These get deliciously caramelized with balsamic glaze.
- Red onion – for delicious sweetness and a little extra crispy bite.
- Olive oil – We’ll be using olive oil both for roasting the vegetables and make them super crispy!
- Garlic – garlic has. the best flavor when roasted!
- Salt & Pepper
- Balsamic glaze – Nothing beats the delicious sweetness of balsamic glaze! This recipe calls for 2 Tablespoons, but you are welcome to use more!!
Where can I buy balsamic glaze?
Balsamic glaze is the best!!! However, it is NOT the same as balsamic vinegar. To make your lives a little but easier, here are the stores you can find balsamic glaze:
- Your grocery store! Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Stop & Shop, Safeway, Publix, and more! It may also be called “Barrel-Aged Balsamic” or “Reduced Balsamic.”
- On Amazon! You can order Balsamic glaze on Amazon – here is my favorite!
- Make your own with balsamic vinegar! Check below for instructions on how to make your own balsamic glaze on the stovetop.
Can I make my own balsamic glaze with balsamic vinegar?
Yes!! You absolutely can make your own balsamic glaze if you only have balsamic vinegar on hand! Here are the steps on how to make it:
- Bring 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar to a boil on your stovetop.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 – 20 minutes until the balsamic reduces down to 2 to 3 tablespoons of glaze.
How to clean, trim and cut the perfect brussel sprout
Cleaning brussel sprouts is easy! All you need to do is trim off the end and cut in half. Do it once and you’ll be an expert!
Tips for making sheet pan dinners
Here are my pro tips for making the BEST sheet pan dinners:
- Do not overcrowd your pan! Veggies that are overlapping or on top of each other will not get crispy! Be sure to use a large sheet pan so that everything cooks perfectly even. If not, break up your ingredients into two smaller sheet pans.
- Cut your veggies nice and thick! Thin brussel sprouts and onion slices will not get tender. on the inside and crispy on the outside if they burn.
- Rotate your pan halfway through. When you flip the chicken breasts over, I suggest rotating your pan and also stirring your veggies to ensure even cooking.
How to make sheet pan chicken and balsamic brussel sprouts
My favorite thing about this simple and easy one pan dinner recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy they are to make! This recipe is the absolute perfect healthy family dinner or meal prep recipe; here is how I made sheet pan chicken with crispy balsamic glazed brussel sprouts:
First, preheat your oven to 425 degree F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Next, clean your Brussel sprouts by trimming the ends and cutting them in half.
After that, in a large mixing bowl, combine halved Brussel sprouts, sliced red onions, olive oil, and garlic. Make sure to season generously with salt and pepper. Now, stir to combine and spread out across two-thirds of the baking sheet.
Once the veggies are done being prepared, season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them on the baking sheet along with the vegetables, and place the sheet in the oven to roast for 8 minutes.
After 8 minutes, flip the chicken breasts over and stir the vegetables. Rotate the pan and place back into the oven for another 5 – 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the tray and allow the chicken breasts to rest for several minutes if slicing.
Now, turn on the broil setting (500 F), stir vegetables again, and broil for 2 – 4 minutes until brussels are crispy on the outside and tender in the center.
Once done, remove from the oven and drizzle the balsamic glaze all over the Brussels sprouts and red onions.
Enjoy your deliciously crisp balsamic brussels and oven roasted chicken! The perfect healthy dinner.
How to store and meal prep this one pan crispy balsamic glazed chicken
One of my favorite things about this one pan dinner is that you can save extras for meal prep! This recipe makes two filling, hearty, and tasty servings; but you can easily double or triple the recipe and store extras for meal prep.
To meal prep this recipe, be sure to let the chicken and vegetables completely cool, and then simply divide into 2 separate airtight containers and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Looking for other healthy dinner recipes? Check these out!
Need some more tasty and healthy dinner, lunch, or meal prep ideas? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie dinner recipes to try out….
- Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice
- Moroccan Chicken Tagine
- Healthy Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Mexican Turkey Kale Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Sheet Pan Chicken with Crispy Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts
- 1 red onion, halved and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or slivered
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Clean the brussel sprouts by trimming the ends and cutting them in half.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine halved Brussel sprouts, sliced red onions, olive oil, and garlic. Season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and spread out across two-thirds of the baking sheet.
- Pat chicken breasts dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place on the baking sheet along with the vegetables.
- Roast for 8 minutes, flipping the chicken breasts over, stir the vegetables, and rotating the pan halfway through.
- Cook for another 5 - 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the tray and allow the chicken breasts to rest for several minutes if slicing.
- Turn on the broil setting (500 F), stir vegetables again, and broil for 2 - 4 minutes until brussels are crispy on the outside and tender in the center.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the balsamic glaze over the Brussels sprouts and red onions. Enjoy!
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!